Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Forever More

Chapter 5

by ChuChu101 1 review

Winry feels terrible about everything that's happened and Ed and Al are gone, again. Set after the movie, no spoilers. Short fic with few chapters. Minor EdxWin later.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Pinako Rockbell, Winry Rockbell - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 1286 words

0Unrated


Forever More

By ChuChu101

Chapter 5




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: For all who have been waiting for a long chapter, here you go. I put a lot of effort into this so I hope you enjoy it!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winry had run out of her bedroom, crying with her hands on her face. Al was in the kitchen and heard the muffled sobs pass by as Winry burst through the front door. Immediately, he got up and ran outside.
Al found her sitting on the old tree swing they used to play on when they were younger. Den was by her side, whimpering and pawing at her lap as she sniffled.

He went up behind her and said, "Winry, what's wrong?"

Winry heard Alphonse's concerned voice behind her.

"Nothing," she muttered.

Al walked forward so he faced her in front and kneeled down so he was face to face with her. He put both hands on the ropes and spoke.

"Come on, now, Winry. You can tell me what the matter is." Al's voice hopeful and reassuring. He was even smiling faintly.

Winry looked up at Al, eyes stinging from all the crying she had done earlier. His hair looked exactly like his brother's, except that they were a caramel color. In fact, Al looked exactly like the old Ed, with his outfit. He looked the same as the older Elric, except for his face.

All of a sudden, Winry didn't see Al anymore. Instead, in his place, she saw the 12 year old Ed staring back at her with his big smile and laughing happily.

She couldn't believe it.

"Ed?"

"Yeah, Winry?"

"Where... have you been?"

"What are you talking about? I've been right here, by your side all this time!"

Winry thought to herself, "If I'm imagining this, then I better take advantage of it anyway. Damn, I've gone nuts..."

This version of Ed was gone, but Winry didn't want this Ed to leave. She missed the care free 12 year old Edward Elric. If she wanted to talk to him one last time, this moment would have to be it.

"Ed, do you know how old I am right now?" she asked uncertainly.

"Uh... you're 12, Win."

She could feel herself shaking with the moments of when you're about to start crying. Suddenly, she jumped up and embraced Ed.

12 year old Ed hugged her back.

"I missed you..."

"Winry."

Win ignored him and just kept the embrace strong.

"Winry!" She started to hear him call her name again and again, each time his voice changing slightly, until she looked back at his face and saw Al's face, screwed up from being worried.

"Are you okay, Win?"

She stared at Al for a moment and muttered more to herself than to Al, "Was I just imagining that? Was Ed actually... here?"

"Winry, what are you talking about?"

Win looked back at Alphonse and smiled.

"I'm okay now. Thanks Al."

Alphonse looked at her, concerned that she might not be feeling good, but then waved it off and asked, "So, do you still want to tell me what was bothering you before?"

Winry frowned slightly.

"It was Ed."

Silence.

"I see," Al said, understandingly, "Do you want me to go talk to him about it?"

The blonde mechanic thought about it, but then said, "No thank you, Al. I need to straighten this out myself." She stood up from the swing, causing Al to stand up, too.

Winry grinned and said to Al, "I'm glad you're back!"

Al smiled softly.

"Me too."

And with that, Winry ran back into the house.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Winry had disappeared behind the door, Ed was filled with all kinds of emotions. First, he felt guilty for the whole fight with Win. He never fought with her like that. Ed also felt angry at Winry for not understanding him and just thinking of herself. Another part of him was confused and hated himself since instead of making Win feel better, he hurt her feelings and got her pissed off.
Edward smacked his palm against his forehead. "Damn it," he muttered.

Damn! What's wrong with me? Argh! Aw, what the hell... I have to find Winry and apologize to her! Ed got up and bolted through the open doorway. How did this happen?

As he was going down the stairs, Ed suddenly bumped into Pinako. Ed gasped, "Do you know where Winry is?"

"Last time I saw her, she was outside talking to Al. She..."

But Ed had already left to find Winry. He started running down the hallway that led to the front door, but as he passed the kitchen, he heard her voice.

"Ed!"

He stopped in his tracks and zipped to the kitchen doorway, and turned the knob. Ed pushed the door open and saw Winry sitting at the table, staring down at the tabletop.

"Winry, I'm so..."

"Sorry."

Ed didn't say anything for a second, but then his eyebrows furrowed together in frustration. What the hell? She finished my sentence for me... how dare she!

"Winry! I came here to say..."

Winry blurted out, "I'm sorry, Ed. I'M sorry! You were right. I don't know what you've been through. I was feeling sorry for myself and being selfish. That was just pathetic and..."

"That's not true, Win! That's not true!"

Winry just looked at him. She didn't even widen her eyes. Win sighed and continued.

"I'm... just sorry. I can't say anything more than can describe what I'm feeling right now. I promise you that... I'll always study hard and do my best on your automail so it'll never be an inconvenience to you. Do you forgive me?"

Ed looked at her with guilty eyes. I'm the one who should be apologizing, not Winry! I mean, yes, she's been kinda selfish and just thinking about herself a bit, but still... I've also been a jerk, so...

He put both hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

This is it. Here it comes. He's probably still pissed off at me.

Winry closed her eyes tightly and waited for the answer.

"I forgive you, Win. You don't need to be sorry anymore. I'm sorry for all that I've done and haven't done. Do you forgive me?"

Winry looked at Edward with her mouth slightly open and eyebrows come together in confusion. Why was Ed saying this?

He gulped, "Win?"

The pair remained silent for what seemed like forever, but then Winry finally smiled and whispered, "Yeah."

Ed then removed his hands from her shoulders and grabbed her into a firm hug. Winry wrapped her arms around him tightly too and rested her head on his shoulder, tears of joy falling from her face and onto his vest.

"Thanks for everything, Winry. I..."

She looked up at his face.

"...I love you, Win. I love you." Ed's smile was barely noticeable.

Winry grinned, eyes sparkling with happiness.

She raised her face and stood on tip-toe as she leaned her face into his. Ed lowered his head down toward Winry and placed his lips softly on hers.

Winry deepened the kiss even more and backed Ed up against the wall before she broke it.

She stepped backward a little to look at Ed fully. Then, Winry whispered.

"I love you, too Ed."

Ed put his goofy grin on and scratched the back of his head, "Heh heh..." he chuckled.

Winry's smile faded, "I just realized something..."

Ed glanced at her, "Huh?"

"Al's... TALLER THAN YOU!"

Ed twitched.

"WINRY!" Ed yelled.

The sound of Edward's voice was heard all throughout the house.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Aw... sniff sniff. Happy ending, but WAIT! The story is not done yet! (but it almost will be.) Please review! You know you want to... :)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story