Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

The Chapter Before The Climax. No, Not Sex, You Pervert.

by moocow 10 reviews

I'm pregnant with Andy's baby. well, at least in Heather's story. :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 2473 words

0Unrated
Oh no! She's at the bottom of that bottle!

The energy from the crowd radiated all through the stadium. Rumbles from the guitars rolled across the floor, bringing smiles to everyone backstage listening to Travis's rapid rhymes. The crowd was estimated to be around 2,500 plus, but with the way you could hear them singing along; it was as if it were a million.

Chicago shows were always best.

Jitters ran through the girls bodies, each equally nervous for themselves and each other. The song went back into the chorus and the crowd seemed to grow louder and louder. Lexi set down her tuned bass back into the stand and bobbed her head along with the beat.

"You guys ready to kick ass?" The girls turned around at the same time to see a sweaty William with a weary smile on his lips.

"Yeah, and some more," Aloe bobbled her head in ghetto-fashion. William put up his hands in fake intimidation.

"Oh snap, Behind the Bleachers is back!" Freeda smiled at the sound of being called by their band name.

"It feels like forever!" Freeda raised her arms above her head. "It feels good."

Lexi took a quick chance to slap Freeda's exposed stomach, making her exhale quickly and bend over. Lexi smiled triumphantly as the group laughed.

"I'm kinda nervous," Aloe admitted, brushing her hair out of her face and wrapping her hands around her growing belly.

"Me too," Lexi added. Almost as if on cue, Ryan Ross and Patrick walked in.

"You guys will blow the roof off!" Ryan assured, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. He answered it, waving bye to the group, and leaving, chattering away on the phone.

Freeda rolled her eyes, shaking her hand. "Does he ever get off that thing?"

"He was on it before Panic's! Set and now after." Lexi looked at Patrick looking for an explanation.

Patrick shrugged. "I think it's his girlfriend, she's paranoid... you know."

"I'd be paranoid too if I had a man on tour with..." she paused mid sentence and looked away, instantly feeling rather stupid about that.

Patrick looked at the other girls, who shrugged, and shook his head before sitting next to her on the amp, watching as she took her bass off and leaned against him.

"Are you having regrets, Lex?" he asked and Lexi shrugged, letting a sad sigh escape her lips.

"I love him, you know, I just...I just can't tell if I can trust him anymore," Patrick shifted and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as the two watched the rest of Gym Class Heroes' set.

"Alright Chicago, thanks for coming out...but...it aint over yet, we got a surprise for you," Patrick smiled into Lexi's hair as the four came trampling over.

"Dude, you better rock that stage," Lexi glanced up to see Travis locking Pete into a handshake, one that seemed to be fabricated over the years. He smiled as he gripped his bass, adjusting it over him.

"You ready, Patrick?" he asked and Patrick kissed Lexi's temple before smiling up at Pete.

"Ready like Freddy," Andy shook his head, walking around them with his sticks.

"Please don't ever say that again," he mumbled.

Lexi shooed them on stage and bit her lip, forcing back a smile as she heard the crowd quiet as the background music softened. As the curtains slowly started to rise, exposing their feet and calves, Pete started the oh-so familiar tune from their past.

She said she's no good, with words with words, but I'm worse

Lexi couldn't help herself but dance as she spotted Sadie come up next to her and smile brightly, cheering for her dad. The two danced as the crowd burst into the air, screaming back up at their beloved band.

"You know," Lexi leaned back as a familiar voice filled her ears.

"What, Ethan?" she asked and felt his arm wrap around her waist.

"Pete wants to re build the relationship...on a better basis. Planning," Lexi smirked and shook her head as she watched the man she once, and much to her dismay still, loved.

"He seemed a bit more focused," Ethan sighed, stepping away and Lexi turned to see him go. Another person took the spot next to her, and she turned, having to look up to the taller man.

"Pete's just doing what he thinks is right, he's gonna take a new look on things," Lexi blinked at Travis.

What did he know?

"No offence, but why is everybody in our business?" she asked and Travis smirked.

"Ever since you girls came into Decaydance. You rocked their world, in more ways than one, and...for /god's sake/, I knew Pete loved you the minute he was telling me about the band, more importantly, a one little missy by the name of," Lexi cut him off.

"Let me guess," she mumbled and watched as a sly smile appeared on his lips.

"A little missy with a big mind, sexy figure and beautiful eyes," Lexi slightly blushed and playfully shoved Travis, earning an arm wrapped around her shoulders as they watched the show carry on, with old and new songs, even a few claimed 'retired' songs.

"I always wonder to myself if I'll ever sleep next to him again," Lexi whispered, her eyes dancing over where Pete stood on the opposite side of the stage. Travis smirked.

"What, naked or married?" Lexi nudged him and creased her eyebrows together.

"I'm /serious/," she whined and Travis rolled his eyes.

"Well I am too. Just look at him, Lex," Lexi turned towards Pete and pursed her lips together. "I remember when he told me he was going to ask you to marry him. He was going to ask the very night Tessa came back with Trevin, remember?" Lexi gulped.

"The year I got pregnant with Robert," she whispered, placing a hand over her stomach. Travis nodded, patting her hand with his own.

"He was devastated. You know what he said after you gave birth? When you were sleeping?" Lexi tilted her head up and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" she asked and Travis smiled, tilting his head back at the memory.

"He said that for every star he had ever seen there had never been one as bright and beautiful as you," Lexi gulped, her eyes drifting back at Pete who was turned towards Andy, making faces at the drummer. "He said that if this was love, then he was missing out. He made a huge commitment that night...just more than he expected. He was so worried that he was going to ruin it with you again that he did," Lexi pursed her lips together again.

"So when this happened," she started to piece the puzzle together. Travis nodded, moving to lean against a wall. Lexi followed with his arm still around her shoulder and sighed.

"Basically, Lex...this whole past week, while the band was preparing tonight, he was preparing what he was going to change. He's planned everything from the moment you forgive him to the day he dies," Lexi turned her head towards Travis.

"Who says I'm gonna forgive him?" she asked quickly and quietly and Travis shrugged.

"That's the thing I realized in his plans, but I didn't want to disappoint him. He has nothing planned of how to get you back," Lexi bit her lip and then realized something as Travis pushed himself off the wall, starting to slip away.

"Wait...how am I supposed to know if you're not part of his plan?" she asked and Travis smiled, turning around and walking away.

Lexi placed her hands on her hips and sighed out her nose. Just then she felt two sweaty arms lift her off the ground, twirling her around.

"Oh baby Buddha," she breathed and turned around to see Pete smiling brightly.

"Patrick's on stage...you go, quickly..." Lexi widened her eyes and turned franticly looking for her bass.

Pete shook his head and handed it to her as she skipped off stage while Patrick shifted his fingers from the last few chords My Heart Is the Worst Kind Of Weapon into their ritual, the cover. Lexi's fingers running over her bass.

The thoughts from the previous conversation started to run through her mind and she saw the crowd before her, the look on people's faces priceless. Looking over, she saw Aloe nodding, still holding her guitar and waiting for the count off. Patrick continued playing a random chord until Lexi nodded, hitching her breath and listening to Patrick's playing.

Sat outside my front window, this story's' going somewhere...he's well hung and I am hanging up!

Lexi beamed into the crowd as they finished the cover, like they usually did, Pete even coming out for the screams and jumping on Patrick's back like a mad man. He even came up and kissed Lexi's cheek, making her miss a beat slightly from pure shock.

The rest of their set continued as planned, the crowd eating it up until they finished. Walking off the stage that night had Lexi in a pure high, making her insides squirm with a feeling she missed so dearly. She closed her eyes and leaned against the nearest wall, taking a deep breath before looking up and smiling.

"I love ya, Heather..."

----------

"I love you Patrick Martin Stump," Patrick looked up from playing his guitar in the basement studio to see Lexi nearing with four open magazines.

"But my names' Martin," Lexi smiled at Martin who was sitting on the couch, Sadie next to him poking him.

"Shhhh," she snapped and Lexi shook her head.

"Anyways," Lexi started and Patrick cut her off, turning slightly to look up at her.

"What's this about you loving me?" he asked and smirked. "I thought that was reserved for Peter," Lexi smacked him on the head with the magazines, making his hat twist slightly and laugh.

"Patrick that show is everywhere in all these magazines...I know it's not about the fame, but...look!" Patrick took one of the magazines and looked to see a two paged article of SPIN on the show four weeks ago. Lexi sat next to him on the bench and smiled.

"I have thousands of questions to tend to on the site, and...it's crazy," Patrick gulped, reaching for the other magazines and shook his head smiling.

"Pete's gonna like this," he mumbled and looking up at Lexi who bit her lip.

"I guess," she whispered. Patrick sighed, dumping the magazines back in her hands and patting her head.

"Hey, I'm still younger than you, Lex. Live life. If you love him, just...do it," Lexi blinked and swallowed a large lump in her throat.

"But...can I trust him?" she asked and Patrick shrugged.

"Do you want to have another kid?" Lexi smiled, placing her hands on her stomach.

"Ever since Robert was two months old I wanted another baby..." she whispered. Patrick nudged her.

"Well there you go. Regardless of the present, you had a baby when Pete and you were a little messed up," Lexi raised an eyebrow.

"So I'm supposed to get pregnant?" she asked and Patrick laughed.

"That's what we were saying a few weeks back, but unless you can get five months pregnant anytime soon, then..." Lexi smacked Patrick in the arm and sighed.

"I'll talk to him, I guess, just to get on good terms," Patrick smiled and placed his guitar down before patting his chest.

"Come here," Lexi smiled, letting Patrick hug her. "Now listen. I'm not asking you to give Pete another change, I'm asking you to make him the happiest man in the world..." Lexi pulled back slightly and bit her lip.

"That makes no sense," she whispered and Patrick shrugged.

"I usually don't," he paused and shook his head. "Pete misses you more each and every day, even when you're in the same room," Lexi smiled and nodded.

"I'll see what I can do," she whispered.

----------

Considering the fact Lexi still had a key to the house she used to share with Pete, she didn't expect him to be entirely freaked out when she was lounging on the couch, watching re-runs of Wild N' Out.

"Shit, Lex...god," Lexi smiled as Pete closed the door, walking around the couch and sitting down next to her half lying down body. "What are you doing here?" he asked, turning his head towards her. Lexi shrugged, her eyes never leaving the TV.

"I was talking to Patrick earlier and he made me feel homesick," Pete stared at her profile for a while and sighed lightly noticing his grey hoodie over her top.

It wasn't quite winter, but considering that is was almost mid November, it could start snowing any day now. Lexi shifted slightly, her feet brushing against Pete's leg as she sat up, finding herself in a rather close situation. Pete gripped the remote from her hands and turned off the TV and the two sat there, wordlessly until Pete decided to turn to her.

"Lexi," Lexi seemed to be just as nervous and she turned to face him as well. Pete slowly placed a hand on her leg, turning even more to cup the side of her face and bring her closer.

"This isn't what I expected," Lexi whispered and Pete nodded, silencing her with a kiss well waited out for.

Lexi tried to stay focused, only here to try and come to terms, but that was slowly drifting away as Pete lowered her to the couch, his hands tragically finding the zipper of the hoodie and pushing the sides off, surprised by the fact Lexi let him drop it to the floor. He pulled away for a moment and he eyes danced over her face as she bit her lip.

"You're unsure," Pete whispered and Lexi shrugged.

"I don't want to be," she replied and Pete nodded before bowing his head down again and moving his hands to grip the polka dotted tie that wrapped around right under her chest, loosening the shirt to pull over her head.

"I don't want you to be either...but, Lex...are you sure?" Pete asked and locked eyes with her. Lexi nodded firmly and leaned her head up and kissed him, sealing the deal.

For one night everything devastating of their past was forgotten, and with every gentle touch made from that couch up to the bed they used to share, Lexi started to remember just how much she missed this man that knew all the right moves and just where to place his calloused hands on her bare flesh.

In that night, Lexi had forgotten about all the bad and remembered just how much she loved Mr. Peter Wentz, and how much she wanted that last name.
Sign up to rate and review this story