Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

The 10 Amateur Bands

by darks00 3 reviews

It's like an introduction to the "Forgotten Bands" Contest.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-18 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 710 words

2Ambiance

Chapter 3: The Ten Amateur Bands

JOEY'S POINT OF VIEW:

We were now backstage of "The Forgotten Bands." I couldn't believe it. I couldn't freaking believe it! It was all I imagined...the lights...the big stage, the nice big drum...it was perfect. A band's dream. I kept on taping Uncle George's drumsticks against my legs in anticipation. I thought of how Uncle George would think if he saw I was a coward. I wondered what my favorite band, "Drowning Pool" would think of me. I tried shaking these thoughts out of my head. Then the intercom came to life.

"All "The Forgotten Bands" contestants, please come on stage. Thank you."


We obliged and then we got to see the other nine bands. In the middle with a microphone was a tall, skinny African-Canadian man with expensive looking outfit. He had sunglasses on. Why does he have sunglasses on in the building?!

"Hello, everyone, people here call me The DJ here." DJ said. "And I congratulate you guys for being the top ten amateur bands. I would like to introduce them one by one. They are..."

"Euthanasia!"

"Falling Stars!"

"Lyrics!"

"Chained!"

"My Sanctuary!"

"Theory!"

"Immortal Words!"

"Virtual Reality!"

"Fallen Angels!"

"and Halos!"

Everyone gave a round of an applause, some people giving a loud cheer of excitement. Some whistled. Right away I noticed DJ's British accent.

"Ok, ok, settle down! We're going down with some rules, got it?" DJ told us. "The rules are you must be 15-19 years of age. If you are not, you and your band will be disqualified."

I gulped. There it was yet again! I'm only 14. What they don't know can't hurt them, right?...Right?

"Another rule is all lyrics must be original, made by the band. No plagiarism. That's not cool." DJ continued. "All songs will be done live."

"There will be no lip syncing. Sabotage to another band is unacceptable. This contest will last for ten weeks. Tomorrow is the starting day. If someone in the band is sick, we're not waiting for you. Too bad, you're bands out."

Woah, now that's harsh. Tension was in the air. Man, DJ was strict...

"It's like Canadian Idol," DJ continued on. "The audiences gets to decide who's band who goes in the bottom three. If you're on the bottom three, that means your band sucks, and one of you bands go home."

Now that is harsh. I already didn't like this guy!

"I will now let you guys meet your enemies...I mean opponents. Then get the hell out of here!"

I heard Kenny give a half snort, half laugh. It sounded like a crow getting shot. Kyle just raised an eyebrow, and Megan...just stared at him like he was an alien, with her beautiful blue sapphire eyes widening. I couldn't help but think she was...beautiful. I smiled. As soon as she turned to face me, I turned away right away. God, what a loser I am. I was too nervous to even make eye contact with a beautiful girl!

A blonde haired boy with black streaks came towards us. He wore all black, and I could swear he was wearing eye liner. I tried not to laugh at him. He came up to us, and smiled at Megan,

"Hey, princess," He said, nodding his head like a bobble head. "I noticed you were starring at me."

"Riiiiight," Megan said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "You wish."

He laughed. "I like your style. I'm Andy, from the band "Euthanasia.""

"I'm Darkness' Illusion," Megan responded. "And this is Dice, Lady's Man and Drumstick."

In a childish voice he said, "Oh, a little cheerleading band. How cute."


"Get lost, you jerk!" Megan threatened.

She trust her fist towards Andy's face...but about an inch she stopped. More like froze.

"I knew you didn't have the guts to do that." Andy said, laughing.

He then grabbed her fist and pushed it down back to her side. "If you decide to ditch these losers...you know where to find me."

Andy laughed again, as he left.

"Euthanasia..." I muttered under my breath. "That's the bands name. God, what a jerk! What does "Euthanasia" mean, anyways?"

"it means mercy killing," said Kyle quietly.

"What!?"

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story