Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Revenge of the Giant

Devious Plans

by Thiaf 6 reviews

"Who thought that of all the heroes Atlanta would be the maid," Atlanta turned around to the columns of Odie's computers and saw the face of Cronus! "What- how?" "Let's pass on the questions....

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-19 - Updated: 2006-10-19 - 1456 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Class of the Titans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revenge of the Giant

Devious Plans

"Let go of me!" Persephone ordered. Cronus' giants had dragged her down to Hades, along with the unconscious Ares and Athena. She saw a bronze jar up ahead and knew what the giants wanted to do- they wanted to imprison them! Did that mean Hades was captured with them, Hera too, maybe?

She wasn't strong enough to fight back against the giants and was put in the bronze jar with Ares and Athena.

"Persephone!" Hades was so relived to see that Persephone was unharmed and went and hugged her. Persephone was so surprised that it took a few seconds to recover from shock and realize it was Hades.

"Hades!" Persephone hugged him back. "I'm so glad you're safe. I thought Cronus might've imprisoned you in Tartarus or maybe-"

"Uh, where are we?" Athena wondered who was just waking up.

"Not again!" Ares was awake and more aware then Athena and knew instantly where he was when he woke up. Ares swore that he would never be trapped like this again, and after so many years he was trapped again, and with a few other gods. He refused to stay in here for thirteen months and waiting for Artemis to free him again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Olympia...

The seven were recounting their fights with the giants. None of them noticed that Otus went through Persephone's entrance to Hades but Artemis. Artemis didn't want to tell them just yet, she wanted to know Cronus and Otus' next move.

"If the giants didn't go through Cronus' portal to save themselves, we would've defeated them," Theresa said.

"But what more do you expect from them?" Archie said to her.

The seven continued their conversations while Artemis was planning and waiting for Otus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I call this a mission successful," Cronus said happily.
Otus simple growled as a response. He still didn't get his revenge on Artemis, and his ankle still hurt a bit from Artemis stabbing him with her golden arrow.

"Cronus, I hope you realize I won't do all your biding for long. I want my revenge on Artemis through her descendant."

"Right," Cronus replied. "You will get it, I promise. Why not tonight? I'll make sure you and Atlanta face each other alone."

Finally. Otus smiled, he would get his revenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Long time no see," Ephialtes greeted.

"I have no time to chat with you Ephialtes," Hera said.

Hera knew that she'd have to speak to Ephialtes sooner or later to find out what Cronus exactly planned to do with Otus. She just hoped that the past would not come and get in the way of her interrogation.

"Of course, you're too busy with yourself," Ephialtes replied harshly.

"Let's not start this," Ephialtes was the one that wanted to marry Hera, and through the whole time, Hera rejected him-out of loyalty to Zeus. "You know why I'm here. What do you know about Cronus' plans?"

"After what you and Artemis did to Otus and I? Never," he replied.

Hera knew she would have to force it out of him.

"Ephialtes, realize whom you're speaking to," Hera gave him a threatening look.

"Fine," he knew better then to not anger her. "What do you want to hear?"

"What does Cronus want from Otus?"

"Cronus promised revenge on Artemis."

"But Artemis is immortal."

"He told Otus he could get it through her descendant."

Hera raised an eyebrow. Was Ephialtes lying, or was Cronus lying to Otus? Who, out of the seven could Cronus possible lie about being a descendant of Artemis? Of course, it was obvious, Atlanta! Who else seemed convincing enough to be a descendant of Artemis? Cronus had targeted Atlanta this time to eliminate and shatter the prophecy. She had to tell them and warn them of her new finding.

She left Ephialtes to go warn the others.

lllll

Central Park...

"Bet you can't catch up with me!" Atlanta challenged.

"You wish," Archie ran after Atlanta. They were on their usual morning run with Jay and Herry and Atlanta was being competitive as usual with Archie, but only out of fun.

"Slow down guys, this isn't a race," Jay told them.

Their PMRs rang and Jay opened it.

"What's up Theresa?" He asked.

"Hera wants to talk to us all. She says it's really important."

"Okay, we'll be at the school as soon as possible."

lllll

New Olympia...

"I went to visit Ephialtes and got many answers out of him," Hera started. "And I've understood why Otus has agreed to side with Cronus," the seven heroes were listening intensely and with no interruptions she continued. "Cronus has tricked Otus in believing that Atlanta is the descendent of Artemis. As you know the story, Otus wants revenge and he's going to try and get it through Atlanta."

"Does that mean you want us to stop Otus as soon as possible?" Jay asked.

"More of the opposite," she replied. "Otus is powerful and you all know that he cannot be defeated by god or mortal. I want you all to stay in the dormitory, especially you Atlanta. We, the gods, will handle this affair."

Atlanta wanted to speak out and object to it. This felt like a good adventure against a strong enemy and her time to shine, but she knew it was too dangerous. She only hoped there was a way to slip from Hera's orders and face Otus.

"But I don't understand, how was Otus able to leave New Olympia?" Odie raised the question. "I know he didn't go through Cronus' portal, but where could he have gone?"

"Good question," Hera commented. "You can investigate it, as for the rest of you: return to the dormitory and don't leave. I mean it this time, I don't want any of you ignoring my orders."

lllll

'I hate Sunday,' Atlanta complained.

On Sunday it was her turn to clean the house from top to bottom. She was already done the top and second floor, but she was tired and getting impatient. The last place she wanted to go was the basement. She swore that she had heard or seen the shadow of mice on some occasion here and there. Not that she was afraid of mice, but she wondered if she was the only one that noticed them. Odie must've heard or seen them.

She once had a thought that Odie kept them alive so he could use them for experimentation. She could see it: Odie in a lab coat, in a dark stormy night with various chemicals and pouring them into one another with a wicked laugh and created a vile concoction from which he drank and became a horrible monster -but Atlanta only started thinking that Odie was a mad scientist after she watched an old movie about some mad scientist. But that was only her bored imagination at work...

'It doesn't take that long,' she told herself.

She entered Odie's room. The door was always open, because of his cluster phobia. She picked up some of his dirty socks from the floor and threw them into a laundry basket that someone else would wash later.

"Who thought that of all the heroes Atlanta would be the maid," Atlanta turned around to the columns of Odie's computers and saw the face of Cronus!

"What- how?"

"Let's pass on the questions. Otus wants revenge and I've arranged a battle between you two."

"Why don't you stop lying Cronus," Atlanta told him. "You know I'm not related to Artemis."

"True, but you're passable of being her descendant. Otus has been in the dark for millennias and knows nothing of the truth."

"Fine, what do you want?"

"Central Park, tonight to battle Otus. No strings attached, you two only and I'll be with the kidnapped gods," the screens blackened and everything was left as it was a minute ago.

Atlanta figured that she might be falling into a trap, but she saw the invitation to the battle as an excuse to leave the dormitory. But how dumb did Cronus think she was? She knew Otus' invincibility and she needed a plan. Where was Odie when she needed him?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last part of this was meant to be humorous. This was intended to be longer, but unfortunately we'll all have to wait! Thankfully this isn't a very long story...
Also, about Cronus getting on the computer screen, that's sort of what happened in 'Trojan Horse' with Cronus inviting Odie to his place.

I know, this was sort of boring, but there will be action in the next chapter and will move along very fast to the action we all love...when I post it, which may take a very long time.
Sign up to rate and review this story