Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Enough.

Unworthy?

by InuKag 0 reviews

What is real? what is false? Can this doomed love survive the pains of shattered hearts and distrust? Or will one dumb mistake ruin the rest of their lives... Inu/Kag...DarkFic

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-19 - Updated: 2006-10-20 - 1502 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

Inuyasha sighed and clenched the woman in his arms closer; breathing her in. She looked at him with questions in her eyes.

"I... I don't think I can tell you, you'd be mad." He could sense her spike in curiosity and knew that she was not going to let it go, so he took another deep breath and held on to her. She won't sit me if I'm holding her... his thoughts told him.

"Tell me." She said sternly.

"Fuck... when I got here, you were almost gone. I had to..." He lifted his wrist to her view to show his previous made score. "I had to give you some of my blood... you lost so much, Kagome what the hell were you thinking?" For a brief moment, he could almost feel the wave of shame that washed over her; engulfing her aura.

"Inuyasha, how did you know I was in... how did you know I was... dy...ing?" Her voice was hushed, her eyes scanning him for answers.

"I could smell your blood." Slowly, Kagome nodded.

"Mm... my... my blood...? Inuyasha, I... I don't understand. How could you smell, that when you... were you spying on me?" She gaped at him in shock, thinking he had followed her... to stalk.

"What...?" He noticed her face, and could sense her sudden change in mood. Was she... angry? Or was it a fear? Shaking his head, eyes squinted in confusion he held her face within his hands. "No. That's not what I meant. I ... I wasn't spying. I was asleep... Miroku and Sango had already been asleep for a while, I had dozed off. I knew you were angry, but when I caught that scent... I got scared..." Her eyes softened and she let out a gasp.

"So, you /were /on the other side of the well then?" He nodded and clung to her.

"I got scared, I came without thinking... but I thought that you were attacked or something. No one was here and... you had completely shut me out." He motioned to the door of her room; upon which Kagome glanced over. Her eyes widened as she noted the hinges broken clean from the frame. The door had been splintered from the wall and was tossed carelessly; caught between what was left of the frame, and her floor. Slumping against him, Kagome closed her eyes and pressed her forehead to Inuyasha's.

"I just... there is no way that you could have been able to sense that through the well." Kagome sighed uneasy; confused about everything that had happened.

"Ka... Kagome... I... maybe our bond is stronger than either of us knows." He had been wondering it the entire time she slept, he had wondered it momentarily when he had been perched in the Goshinboku, on the other side of the well... that was the only thing he could come up with; nonetheless, it made more sense than anything else. "You are my mate, maybe that bond goes farther than any of us could have imagined. I don't know much about hanyou's taking a mate... let alone a human mate, but maybe that explains it." Kagome shook her head in a sort of stiff agreement.

"Inuyasha...?" He held her hands within his.

"What is it, Kagome?"

"Do you ... are you mad at me? For all of this...? For what I almost did?" He could sense her worry spreading rampant through her veins.

"Never could be... you just scared the fucking hell out of me. What would have happened if I hadn't gotten here in time... what if I hadn't gotten here at all?" He was trying to catch her gaze as he squeezed her hands tightly.

"I... things would have been the way they were supposed to be. You never would have known." Her voice was quiet, depressing; the air around her became thick with sadness.

"Damnit, I told you I love you... I've said it more than once... more than just now, and still ... you refuse to believe it to be truth? I don't understand why you are so down, Kagome. I know that it took me a long time to tell you but, I just didn't know how to say the words... I never knew what to say. You don't have to be afraid of me leaving, Koi," he gripped her clasped hands to his heart with one hand and reached to pull her chin up with the other. When their eyes met, he tried his best to explain. "I will always be there. I belong with my mate, and I made no mistake with whom I chose. Please stop doing this to yourself. You need to know that if you feel this way, if you have something bothering you... we have to talk about it, we have to work things out together." He leaned forward and lightly placed a kiss on her nose. The slightest smile graced her lips; he knew it was genuine. "I ... never told you before but, when you told me about... when you told me that we were going to be having a pup... I got excited. I tried to hide it, even though I shouldn't have. I knew you were scared; the misconceptions were just too great. Miroku proved that to me when you left. He knows about us, he questioned me... and I don't know if I talked to him because he snooped... or if I was talking more for myself than he...but, he thought you ran because I went to Kikyo, because I wanted her. Kagome, I don't want anyone but you. If you want, I'll even try to live here... as long as I still have you by my side... that is, if I even deserve it." He looked away.

"Deserve it? Inuyasha, I don't know what makes you think you don't deserve me... It's me that doesn't deserve you. I'm sorry." Inuyasha didn't know what to say. Miroku once told him, 'You both put far too much blame on yourselves, and you let your insecurities control your actions. Inuyasha, tell her you love her... because whether you believe it or not, you really do deserve her beauty beside you.' After a few moments, Inuyasha closed his eyes and exhaled deeply.

"What the fuck is wrong with us, Kagome?" She lifted her brow; obviously confused at his sudden choice of words.

"What do you mean?" He was quietly lost in thought, thinking deeply on his explanation before speaking.

"Why... I mean, we just keep berating ourselves... I don't know why neither of us finds ourselves deserving of each other... heh; maybe we really do deserve one another after all..." He heard her softly laughing. It was refreshing due to the circumstances, and it made him want to hold her tighter. She relaxed into his embrace and sighed.

"Inuyasha, I... I hope you don't take offense to this but... I've never heard you speak so much about your feelings." Her voice reduced to a whisper. "It's a little weird." Inuyasha smiled... Kagome was okay, that was all that mattered and her little 'crack' at him only proved it.

"Wench, would you rather me not talk about them with you?" He could smell the disappointment that surfaced at the idea and shook her head almost violently.

"Please, don't ever stop confiding in me... I need you right now, more than you could ever know." She closed her eyes and pulled on his white undershirt fiercely, as if afraid to let go. "I can't believe what I almost did, I... I should have known to... I should have talked to you first." He hushed her by gently kissing her soft, swollen lips.

"Please promise me you won't leave me... I ... love you." He leaned his forehead upon hers. "I've been rejected so much and I just, figured that you had come to your senses and done the same." Kagome kissed his cheek.

"Inuyasha, I will never come to my senses. If I do, and those senses tell me to run from your arms... I will never listen to them. I never want to. See, there's this hanyou that I'm pretty attached to; Stupidly, I thought he loved someone else... other than me." She cracked an almost evilly seductive smile as her kisses trailed his jaw.

"Well, then... I suppose that hanyou should make it perfectly clear how much you are wanted... no?" She nodded and pulled him closer; deepening a passionate kiss filled with enough fire to warm a blizzard.



A/N
Hey! I know that there are punctuation errors and such. Please refrain on flames because of those reasons. Granted it sucks to find them, I am not that horribly bad.

I am planning on making this story a little longer... Sorry if it veered off track for me... I will be taking the underlying plot back into my hands once more in the near future.

Hope you will review and all that great junk.

LEMONS TO COME IN THE FUTURE!
Sign up to rate and review this story