Categories > TV > Doctor Who > The Girl In the Shadows

Diverted from the Path

by water_dragon 0 reviews

didn't they just leave this place?

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Sci-fi - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 364 words

0Unrated
From the second that Mia stepped into the TARDIS, something awoke, and became aware. It knew the Doctor as only a friend could, but it had never met the Doctor. It had only met a man, who was in love with his wife, the wife that had travelled with the Doctor, visited alternative universes, ruled an entire civilisation and come to earth. So it consumed the man, and killed his wife, took her memories, and tried to take away her child. Until the Doctor had come. And it knew it had one golden opportunity to dispose of the invincible traveller and the girl who and dared defy it.
*
Mia finally moved, she made a small sigh as she stood and walked over to the Doctor," where are me going?" The Doctor shrugged.
"I dunno, I fitted the randomizer on."
"the randomizer, Mum told me about that. She used to tell me stories, every night, often it would take her days for each story. Stories of what she did; where you took her. She told me about the Time Lords, she told me about the daleks, the cybermen, e-space... everything."

The Doctor glanced sideways at her, she was watching the glow of the console, without really seeing it. Listless; a broken soul, somehow, he wanted to restore that soul. He wanted to hear her laugh, see her smile, being happy; he felt he owed Romana that much. She caught him watching her and smiled.

The TARDIS's central column ground to a halt. The Doctor bounced outside with his usual energy and stopped confused, he looked at his watch and looked around again. Mia slipped out of the TARDIS and gasped, "Oh no!" they were back where they'd started, and someone was waiting for them.
*

short chapter i know, sorry, but a nice dramatic cliff hanger, i'm very proud of this story and i want to know what happens next, see, there are some things i never do consiously; like writing stories and playing the piano, if i start to think about it i muck up but you don't wanna hear about me you wanna find out what happens next don't you! i'll just continue writing
Sign up to rate and review this story