Categories > Anime/Manga > Wedding Peach > Too Late to Turn Back Now

Third Stage

by aisuru_na_usagi 0 reviews

They both knew it could never be, but it was too late to go back. An Ai Tenshi Hime and an Akuma from the Rafuaru-zoku in love? It would never be accepted by either side...How could such a love pul...

Category: Wedding Peach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 1535 words

0Unrated
Too Late to Turn Back Now

By: Aisuru na Usagi
Rated PG-13

A/U

A Wedding Peach Fanfiction

---

Third Stage: Ningen Kai

---

-Previously-

"Ja ne..." Viento whispered, placing a kiss on her temple before releasing her from his grasp. Momoko grabbed onto the stair banister, not being able to support herself on her own. She watched as Viento walked out of the tavern with his friends. She ran up the stairs as fast as her legs could carry her and into an empty room with the window. She approached the window cautiously and peered out of it. She saw his figure making its way down the road. Suddenly, he stopped and turned around. Startled, Momoko pressed herself against the wall adjacent to the window frame. When she looked again, he was gone. Sighing, she put her fingers to her lips, the tingling from his ardent actions still lingering.

-End Stage Two-

-Begin Stage Three-

"Momo-chan, rise and shine!" a voice called, waking Momoko from her sleep.

"Wakata, wakata, I'm up, Keiko-san..." Momoko yawned, getting up to dress. It had been three days since she landed on Earth, three days since...Momoko touched her lips in remembrance, a light blush staining her cheeks...since he had been here. Shaking her head, she made herself not think about Yousuke. He had probably forgotten about their encounter. Sighing, she tried once again to rid her mind of thoughts of the handsome man. She tied his kerchief in her hair, covering up the top of her head. The work kimono she wore was made of simple cloth dark-colored cloth and suited her quite well. Keiko, the tavern hostess, had allowed Momoko to have room and board, and in exchange for her kindness, Momoko helped around the tavern. She had found an old kimono that fit her and opted to wear it in favor of her dress, which attracted unwanted attention quite often. On the way down the stairs, Momoko was careful to tuck her necklace into her kimono, so as not to draw attention to it either. The last thing she needed was an akuma out to get her...

---

-Meanwhile, back in the Akuma Kai...-

Viento paced back and forth in his chambers, a scowl set deep in his features. Three days, and she still persisted to remain in his thoughts. He was an akuma, dammit. He didn't need or want the petty human (and angel) emotion, love. It had no use or meaning in the Akuma Kai. But even so, he knew, knew it was utterly useless to deny the feeling, as that would be completely stupid. He had studied the Tenshi Kai long enough to know what love was. A few of the low-class demons who had been expelled by an angel from a body they possessed had told him it was a warm pleasant feeling, almost sickening in its deepness. And Viento could not deny that it was sickening, yet...within him, a minutely small part of him protested, saying it wasn't sickening. Viento grimaced. Dammit, if he didn't need his heart, he would cut it out of his chest this very moment and dropkick it across the room, if it would make the feeling go away, if it would make her image just leave him the fuck alone!

"Oh FUCK this! I'm going to the Ningen Kai. Ja, omae-tachi..." Viento growled, kicking open the door. Pluie cracked open one eye.

"I told you it would only take three days. You owe me 5000 yen." Pluie said, shutting his eyes again.

"Aw, I can't believe this shit...how come you always win the bets?" Igunisu grumbled, pulling out his billfold.

"Because I'm smarter than you. It's not that hard to understand, is it? Besides, if you don't want to lose to me, then why do you insist on betting with me?" Pluie sighed.

"Hell, how am I supposed to know? I ain't no super genius" Igunisu griped, handing Pluie the money he owed.

---

"Just...a little...bit...more...there! All finished!" Momoko exclaimed, taking off the kerchief and letting down her hair. Sighing, she let herself fall onto the bed in the room she had just finished cleaning. She began to drift off, her thoughts swimming lazily in her head.

"Mmm...I wonder what Yousuke is doing now..." she mused aloud. Just then, she heard a strange popping noise close by. Momoko opened her eyes and sat up. It was coming from outside the window. Rising from the bed, she walked over to the window and peered out. Her jaw dropped. It was Yousuke. He waved for her to come down. Momoko, of course, could do nothing but comply with the enigmatic man.

"Konbanwa Yousuke-san. It's good to see you again so I can thank y-" Momoko babbled nervously. Yousuke put a finger to her lips, silencing her effectively. He removed his hand and faced away from Momoko.

"Listen Momoko, listen to me very carefully. What happened that time was fluke. It meant nothing then, and it means nothing now-" Viento began explaining rapidly. Why wasn't the feeling being shaken off? Momoko frowned in confusion.

"Nothing? What do you mean?" Momoko asked confusedly.

"I mean that you need to forget about it, and move on. I don't want to be tied down by these-these useless feelings!" Viento all but yelled. Momoko winced at his harsh tone, but she spoke anyway.

"I-I won't!" Momoko yelled back at him. Viento turned around and cringed. She was on the verge of tears. "I won't just forget-I can't! I've tried! You're all I can think about, and it's driving me crazy-" Momoko beat her tiny hands on Viento's chest as she cried. Viento looked down on weeping girl, and the tiny voice, that fucking persistent little voice, kept on insisting that it wouldn't be so horrible to let himself fall in love. Viento was beginning to consider the voice's merit. Perhaps, it could be right. Viento sighed and decided to take a shot at this 'falling in love'.

"Gomen, gomen ne, I had no idea."

"Of course you had no idea. You were gone for three days...I thought you were gone forever! " she sniffled into his shirt.

"Well, I'm back now, aren't I? Silly girl..." Viento caressed her hair in a comforting fashion.

"Don't leave me again for so long then, ne?" Momoko leaned up and caught a surprised Viento's lips with her own. Her soft lips pressed lightly, but insistently against his, beckoning him to deepen the kiss. He did so without compunction. The kiss lasted for a brief eternity before Momoko pulled back and rested her head against his strong chest. Viento closed his eyes and set his chin on top of her head. This closeness, at the moment, was enough for both of them, their breaths and heartbeats moving in the same calm rhythm.

---

Momoko blinked a few times before her world came into focus. Where was she? A forest, perhaps...but why? She searched her memories for clues, but to no avail. Last night was a blur and she wasn't sure what had happe-

"Urgh..." a groan beside Momoko cut off her thoughts and a strong arm snaked around her waist, causing her to gasp. "Ohayo koishii...lovely morning isn't it?" Viento yawned placing a kiss atop the startled girl's head. Momoko shot up, her ocean eyes frantically meeting his bemused browns.

"Yousuke! I--you--we--did-" Momoko babbled incoherently, a crimson blush seeping into her features. Viento chuckled good-naturedly, taking her hands in his.

"Maa, maa, relax, koishii, we didn't do anything. You fell asleep and I didn't want to leave you alone like that, since that tavern was closed. I just watched over you while you slept. I only dozed off a couple hours after midnight." Viento assured the frazzled Momoko. "Besides, I would never take advantage of a girl like that. It's not to be courteous really, but I despise sleazy behavior like that. And..." Viento dropped his voice to a husky whisper, taking Momoko in his embrace. "I really care for you Momoko, more than I have for anyone or anything else."

"Honto ni?" Momoko snuggled deeper into his embrace.

"Hai." Viento answered, the sincerity apparent in his voice.

"Yokata." Momoko smiled and leaned up, giving him a quick peck on the lips before stepping out of his embrace. It was still a few minutes before dawn. "Yousuke, let's watch the sunrise together before I go back to the tavern, ne?" Momoko implored. Viento smiled and shook his head.

"Of course koishii. I wouldn't want to watch it with anyone else." Viento laughed.

"Arigato Yousuke!" Momoko beamed at him with a startling radiance before skipping to the top of the hillside. Viento stood dazed for a moment before catching up to stand behind her. He encircled his arms around her waist and allowed her to lean more fully into his embrace. And as the first rays began to peek out, the two watched the sunrise together, content with their closeness.

-End Stage Three-

Any questions, comments, reviews (no flames please!) will be received at: kemeow13 -at- yahoo -dot- com or you can IM me at my screen name, fluffyskanojo. Domo Arigato! -bows-
Sign up to rate and review this story