Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 28

by LOVELA 4 reviews

Chapter 28

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 2847 words

3Funny
AN: Here's more Patrick for ya'll. Sorry if this story is going slowly, but there is reason to all the maddness. I promise! Again, thanks for the reviews!



I remember when he could read me like a book...

"Trick or Treat!" I opened the door to see Pete standing there dressed in a full frog costume.

"Holy shit!" I said laughing hard. "Where did you find that?" I asked still standing behind the door slightly.

"I have my sources," he said coming inside my house. He did a double take when he saw my costume. "Whoa," he said simply.

I looked down at my skanky cheerleader costume. I decided to dress up in something no one would expect me to dress up as.

"Pretty scary, huh?" I asked looking at his face.

"Pretty hot!" Pete said smiling.

"Don't get any ideas, Wentz. I'm not ever going to be a cheerleader in real life, so put this image in your spank bank because you aren't ever going to see it again," I said pointing my finger at him.

"Hey, simmer down. It's not easy being green," he said putting his hands up to surrender. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"I have to finish getting ready," I said walking upstairs to my room with Pete close on my heels.

We were on our way to Andy's for a Halloween costume party. I loved Halloween just for the fact that you could be someone else for a day and no one would question it. Besides, it was fun.

Fun was something that didn't happen very often lately for Pete or me. Pete was super stressed with soccer and the band, so he spent much of his time alone lately. I started to bring up therapy again, but that just resulted in him getting angry and pushing me against the wall. I dropped that subject quickly.

I found myself talking to Patrick on more than one occasion. I never confessed that Pete had hurt me. I just told him that Pete and I were fighting. Of course Patrick always asked if he had hit me, and of course I would say no. Pete had never officially hit me, so I justified my answer.

It had been a week since we had fought, so I was hoping that Pete was working things out in his head.

"So do you know what the others are going to be dressed as?" I asked from my bathroom while putting on makeup.

"I have no idea," he said simply. "Joe always comes up with something crazy though," he added.

I could hear him spinning around in circles on my desk chair. I smiled to myself. It reminded me of the old days. The days I wish were back.

"Ready?" I asked him as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Yeah," he smiled and took my hand.

--------

"Kermit! You sexy bitch!" we heard as we walked into the garage.

I looked up to see Joe running towards us. He had a cardboard box over his shoulders with a lamp and a box of Kleenexes glued to the top of it and a drawer drawn on the front of it.

"What are you?" I asked looking at him shocked.

"I'm a one night stand. Get it!?" he asked excitedly. I just shook my head at him.

"That's awesome!" Pete said laughing at his friend.

"Where is the rest of the clan?" I asked hoping Ady was here already.

"A.J. and Ady are back by the fridge," Joe said pointing with a beer in his hands.

I nodded and started to walk that way. The garage was filled with people who I wasn't sure I knew since most had on costumes that covered their faces.

"Holy Shit! Izzy is that you?" I heard from ahead of me. I looked up to see Andy dressed up all in white.

"Hey, Andy. Nice wings," I said looking at his angel costume.

"Thanks. I have to say, you have the scariest costume here," he said patting me on the shoulder.

"That's exactly what I was going for," I smiled at him.

"Want a beer?" he asked turning quickly and whacking me in the face with a wing.

"Whoa, Andy. Be careful with these things," I said dodging the other.

"Whoops. Sorry," he said laughing a little.

I followed him to the fridge where I say Ady and A.J talking. Ady was dressed up as the devil, which was very cute and fitting since Andy was an angel. I'm not sure how Ady talked him into wearing the tutu however. A.J. was dressed up like a nun. I giggled to myself.

"Hey girls!" I yelled over the music which had just gotten to the level where you couldn't hear yourself.

"Izzy?" Ady asked shocked.

"Horrifying, I know," I said smoothing out my too short skirt.

"Absolutely terrifying," she said. "ANDY! Turn down the music a little!" she yelled.

We couldn't see him, but we did hear a faint "Yes, Satan," from inside the crowd of people.

"Can you believe how many people are here?" I asked shocked by the turn out. Andy always had good parties, but this one had definitely topped them off.

"Yeah, I guess word got out," Ady said laughing.

"Hey baby," I heard as the boys came towards us with Patrick dressed as a gangster in tow. Pete wrapped his arms around my waist lovingly.

"Patrick, nice costume," I said looking up at him.

"Of course you would wear something that included a hat with it," Ady said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, well at least I wore a costume. Why didn't you dress up Ady?" he asked looking at her.

"Oh burn!" Pete said giving Patrick a high five.

Ady just returned his comment with giving him the finger.

"Wow, Patrick. You're number one and so early in the night," I said laughing.

This was the first time in weeks that we had all been together and it felt so good to have things back to normal.

The night went on with everyone having a good time. I had figured out who most of the people were by asking or hearing from others, but there was one person no one knew. This person was dressed up like the grim reaper and had on a faceless mask. Their hands were even covered, so you couldn't tell if the person was male or female. I started to get really creeped out since the person just stood off to the side and watched people.

"Maybe it really is death and someone is going to die tonight," Patrick said from behind me. I jumped slightly.

"Doubtful," I said looking over at him. He had a beer in one hand and his Tommie gun in another.

"Well if you are so curious, why don't you just go over there and ask the person who they are," he said simply.

"What makes you think I am so curious?" I questioned him.

"Because you haven't taken your eyes off this person for more than five minutes since they got here," he said as I looked over at the person again.

"I just have a bad feeling," I said quietly not looking at Patrick.

"You think it is her, don't you," he said standing in front of my line of vision. I looked into his eyes shocked.

"Why do you say that?" I asked trying not to sound guilty.

"Izzy, come on. I know what you are thinking," he said smiling slightly.

"Do you think it's her?" I asked breaking down a little.

"No. I doubt she would come here. She's not stupid," he said, but stopped himself quickly. "Ok, so maybe she is stupid. But I don't see her coming here," he said putting his arm around me.

"You are right," I said taking a big sigh. "Have you seen my toad lately?" I asked looking around for Pete.

"He's by the one night stand," Patrick pointed to Joe and Pete talking to one another.

"Thanks," I half-smiled at him and walked towards Pete.

Pete looked up and noticed me walking towards him. His smile turned bigger and I got butterflies in my stomach. Why couldn't he always do that to me? He used to be able to.

"Hey cheerleader. Wanna make out behind the bleachers after practice?" he asked putting his green arm around me.

"I'm not that kind of girl," I said simply.

"Shot down," Joe said taking a big swig of his beer.

"I wouldn't talk bro. You're dating a nun. How much action are you getting from that?" Pete said laughing.

"Too true. Damn," Joe said simply. I just laughed at him.

Suddenly the power shut off in the entire garage. No lights, no music, nothing.

"What the hell?" I heard Andy say from somewhere in the garage. I quickly grabbed for Pete.

"Pete?" I asked. I couldn't feel him beside me.

"Pete?" I started to get scared.

"Everyone stay calm! I think we blew a breaker!" I heard Andy say again. I could hear mumbles, but I couldn't find Pete.

I put my hands in front of me and felt Joe's night stand.

"Who is that?" he asked.

"It's Izzy. Where's Pete?" I asked.

"I dunno, he was right here," Joe said. Even though he was right in front of me, I couldn't see him.

"Pete!" I yelled, but got no response.

I just closed my eyes and started to breathe in heavily. I wasn't afraid of the dark, but I was afraid of what I couldn't see in the dark.

"Oh god," I said trying to control my breathing. I suddenly felt hands grab at my side.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled trying to fight the person away.

"Izzy! It's me Patrick. Calm down," he said into my ear and holding onto my waist tightly.

"Patrick, I can't find Pete," I said hugging him tightly. He just held on tightly as we waited for the lights to come back on.

Suddenly the lights and music started again, but I held on to Patrick with my eyes shut tightly.

"Izzy," I heard Pete say from behind me. My eyes shot open and I turned around quickly.

"Pete! Oh my God! Where did you go?" I asked hugging him tightly, but he just stood there and didn't return my tight embrace.

"I went to help Andy with the breaker," he said simply.

"You could have told me!" I said upset that he had scared me.

"Well you seemed to be quite comfortable here with Patrick," he said getting angry.

"It's not like that, Pete. I could here her panicking, so I came over to calm her down," Patrick said trying to explain to Pete the situation. "She was really scared," he finished.

"What ever. I need a drink," he said and walked away from me. I just looked over at Patrick with sad eyes and followed Pete to the beer.

Pete basically ignored me the rest of the night. It was quite clear that he was pissed off. I just stood around Ady and A.J. for the remainder of the evening, but kept a close eye on Pete.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked once the party had begun to die down.

"If you wanna go, then go," he said sounding rather drunk. I flinched at his words. Andy and Joe looked over at me slightly shocked.

"What ever," I said quietly and went to sit down on the couch, but Patrick was sitting there. I thought it would be bad to sit down next to him, so I opted to walk home by myself.

I started to walk down the dimly lit streets hoping that no psycho was waiting in the bushes for me. I don't usually let my imagination go completely wild, but on Halloween, anything was possible.

"Izzy! Wait!" I heard from behind me.

"Patrick, you better go back," I said turning around to face him.

"You aren't walking by yourself. No way in hell," he said jogging to catch up to me. I looked over at the garage in hopes Pete would come running out, but he didn't.

"Ok, come on," I said sadly.

"I'm sorry about Pete," he said quietly.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. He just gets jealous about us, which is ridiculous because there is nothing to be jealous of," I said folding my arms in front of me and looking down at the ground as we walked.

"Here," he said putting his jacket around me.

"Thanks," I said shivering slightly.

"If you want, I can talk to him," Patrick said looking over at me.

"No, don't. It will just result in making him mad," I said sternly.

"Ok," he said sighing as we walked up to my porch.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked as I unlocked the door.

"Sure," he nodded and walked inside.

"I bet there are some good Halloween movies on," I said walking into the living room and turning the TV on.

"You mean, scary movies?" he asked quietly.

"Are you scared?" I asked Patrick smiling at him.

"No, well, not really," he shrugged and fidgeted slightly.

"You are," I said smiling at him. "Don't worry. I'll protect you. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a cheerleader," I said putting my hands on my hips.

Patrick just laughed and sat down on the couch. I found a Scream movie and turned up the volume and turned off the lights.

"It's better this way," I said sitting down next to Patrick.

"What ever you say," he said sounding unsure.

"You can trust me," I said looking up at him. He just smiled and went back to watching the movie.

-----

I woke up the next morning still on my couch with a blanket over me. I looked over and saw Pete in the fetal position on the chair next to me. I jumped slightly. Where did Patrick go?

Pete's eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me. I looked at him confused.

"Hey," he said quietly.

"When did you get here?" I asked sitting up a little.

"Around four I think. You looked so peaceful with a cute smile on your face that I didn't want to wake you up," he said and yawned.

"Oh," I said still very confused. The last thing I remember was laying my head in Patrick's lap and closing my eyes. Where did he go?

"Hey, I'm sorry I got mad at you last night," he said quietly.

"Ok," I said feeling as though I was dreaming right now. Any minute I was going to wake up and he was going to be angry.

"No really. Patrick and I talked last night before I came over. He explained that you were getting pretty freaked out in the dark, and I should have known better than to have left you. I'm sorry," he said again.

"It's ok," I said quietly. Ok, so Patrick left to go talk to Pete. Things were starting to make a little more sense.

"Oh and you are never going to guess who was in the grim reaper costume," he said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Who?" I asked praying he wasn't going to say her name.

"Will. That bitch was in that thing almost all night. He creeped a lot of people out," he said laughing and standing up.

"Will? Really?" I asked laughing slightly.

"Yeah," he said walking into the kitchen.

I noticed that he had changed out of his frog costume and into a pair of my jeans and a shirt. I however was still in the cheerleading costume. Eww. I shook my head slightly and grabbed the pillow that I was laying on. Under it was a piece of paper. I looked at it oddly and opened it. It was a note from Patrick.

Izzy,

Sorry I didn't wake you before I left, but you looked so peaceful. I thought it would be best if Pete didn't see me here in the morning. I feel as though I should talk to him, however. I trust you, so I hope you trust me. Take care of yourself.

Patrick

I looked over the note and smiled to myself. He was too nice. Why he didn't already have a girlfriend baffled my mind.

"Hey, do you want some O.J.?" Pete asked coming into the living room with the carton in his hand. I quickly sat on the note. He looked at me oddly.

"Sure. I'm just going to change quick," I said smiling at him.

"Do you have to? I kind of like you in that," he said leaning against the door frame and smiled at me.

"Like I said, in your dreams Wentz," I said still sitting hoping he would walk out of the room, so I would not look so suspicious with the note.

"Oh, I'm sure it will be in my dreams," he hummed while walking away.

I quickly ran up to my room before Pete noticed anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story