Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 27

by LOVELA 6 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 2412 words

3Insightful
AN: Thanks again to everyone for the reviews! This chapter is kind of a filler, so hang in there!


I laid in bed that night not getting an ounce of sleep. I couldn't. All I could think about was the fight that Pete and I had earlier that day. He was so angry. Maybe I deserved it. Patrick and I do hang out a lot, but we never flirt with each other. At least, I don't think that we flirt with each other. I should have never brought Carrie up in the first place. That was how the whole thing started, and I knew better than that. I also knew better than to call Pete anything remotely close to suggesting that he was crazy. That was a low blow, and I should have never said it. I messed up big time.

-----

I got up the next morning running on a little over two hours of sleep. I looked in the mirror only to find that the bruises had gone into an even deeper shade of purple.

"Shit," I whispered to myself.

After I finished getting ready for school, I walked downstairs to find my mom packing for yet another business trip.

"Morning," my mom said looking over at me. She did a double take.

"What's wrong?" I asked her looking at me shocked.

"I should be asking you that," she said standing up straight. Panic started to set in. Did she know?

"Why?" I asked trying to sound innocent.

"Well, you look like you haven't slept in a month. Did something happen between you and Pete?" she asked sounding concerned.

"It was nothing mom. Just, high school drama," I said shrugging it off and walking into the kitchen.

"Isn't it a little warm to be wearing a sweatshirt?" my mom said from her position in the living room. I was hoping she wouldn't notice that.

"I think I may be coming down with something. I've got a chill," I said coming back into the living room with my pop tarts.

My mom walked over and put her hand on my forehead.

"Maybe I shouldn't go. This trip is going to be a long one," she said quietly.

"Mom, get real. This is your job. And it's not like I've never had a cold before," I said grabbing her hand off of my forehead.

"Are you sure?" she asked. I just stared at her. The truth was I did want her to stay. I wanted her to make everything alright like she did when I was six. I wanted everything to be alright.

"Of course," I swallowed and smiled at her.

"Ok, honey. Give me a hug," she said.

I opened my arms and she hugged me tightly. I tensed up because her arms were digging into my side. I just held my breath, so I wouldn't let out a cry of pain.

"Have a safe trip mom," I said as she let go of me.

"I'll call you," she said.

With that, I left the house to walk to school. I knew Pete wasn't picking me up since he had practice that morning.

Once I got to school, I went straight to my locker. I wanted to get through this day being completely invisible to everyone. I didn't want to go to lunch knowing that he would be there, so I ditched and went to the library instead.

The day went by surprisingly quickly, which meant that English Lit. was coming up, which meant I had to see Pete. I sat in my normal seat, which was right next to his. I started reading as soon as I sat down and I noticed his presence when he came into the room, but I didn't look up. I just kept reading the same sentence over and over again. I knew he was looking at me, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

The teacher began class and I heard him take a deep sigh. Luckily we had a lecture through the entire class, so I didn't have to talk to him. We did keep catching glances at each other. They were too quick for me to read his facial expression. I didn't know if he was still angry or not.

Once the bell rang to announce that the school day was over, I just jumped up and walked out of the classroom, not looking back.

"Izzy," I heard Pete yell after me, but I just kept walking. I didn't want to know what he was going to say to me.

I walked straight to my locker and opened it quickly. I looked down and gasped out loudly. There were half a dozen deep red roses sitting in my locker. I picked them up and looked at the card.

I'm so sorry. I love you. Pete.

I got tears in my eyes. I quickly looked behind me to see him standing there looking defeated. He had dark bags under his eyes, and I knew he hadn't slept last night either.

"Pete," I said running up to him and putting my arms around him. He just hugged me back.

"Izzy. I'm sorry. I can't believe I said what I said to you," he said wrapping his arms around me. He squeezed tighter and I had to pull away from the pain in my side.

"No, I'm sorry. I said some horrible things to you too," I said looking up at him.

"I deserved it," he said quietly looking down.

"No you didn't," I said quietly.

"Are we going to be ok?" he asked looking at me now.

I could see the fear in his face. It was the same fear I was feeling. Were we going to be able to get through this rough patch with Carrie?

"I hope so. We just need to trust each other better," I said quietly. Pete nodded knowingly.

"I have to go to practice," he said leaning his forehead on mine.

"I know," I said grabbing onto his hand with my free one.

"Can I come over later?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said and lightly kissed his cheek. He smiled slightly and walked away. I took a deep breath and went back to my locker deep in thought.

"IZ!" Joe yelled from behind me.

"JOSEPH!" I yelled as I jumped a mile.

"Sorry jumpy," he said laughing. I turned and looked at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked crossing my arms in front of me.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted a ride home," he said still laughing from scaring me.

"Ok, just let me get my things," I sighed deeply.

"Flowers! Did you and Pete have a fight?" he asked grabbing them from me.

"Why do we have to have a fight for me to get flowers?" I asked putting books in my bag. I looked up to see him giving me a look of 'get real.'

"Yeah, we had a fight," I said quietly.

"Oh the joys and pains of being in love," Joe said walking with me down the hallway.

"From the sounds of it, you are close on love's heals," I said nudging him slightly.

"Perhaps," he said blushing a little.

"Oh, Joey's got himself a girlfriend," I cooed.

"Cool it, ok. I've got a reputation to uphold," he said quietly.

"And what reputation would that be?" I asked interested.

"You know. I'm the crazy, out of control, completely awesome guy," he said sounding shocked I didn't know this.

"Right," I said snatching my flowers from him.

"So where were you and Pete at lunch today?" he asked as we walked out of the building.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Well, neither of you were at lunch today. I just assumed you were together," he said nonchalantly.

"I was in the library. I don't know where Pete was," I said sounding rather confused. Where was Pete?

"He was probably buying you those flowers," Joe said nudging me in the side. I gasped in quietly from the sharp pain that it left.

"I guess," I said simply. I noticed Joe looked over at me giving me an odd look.

"Why in the world are you wearing a sweatshirt, anyway? It's like ninety degrees out here," he said starting his car.

"I was cold," I said simply hoping he would drop the subject, but knowing Joe he wouldn't drop it.

"Cold? How can you be cold?" he asked slightly laughing at me.

"I dunno. I just am, ok?" I said getting irritated.

"Alright, chill fire starter," he said trying to lighten the tension. I took a deep breath. Joe didn't deserve my short fuse.

"Sorry. I think I'm coming down with a cold. I had that chills this morning," I said giving him the same line I gave my mom. If it worked on her, it could work on him.

"Well, in that case, I'm sorry for giving you shit," he said pulling into my driveway.

"Thanks for the ride, Joe," I said smiling at him.

"No problemo," he said in his goofy way.

I walked into my house and ripped off the sweatshirt I was wearing. It was definitely too hot to be wearing a sweatshirt.

-----------

Pete came over straight from practice.

"Can I take a shower?" he asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Sure," I said simply.

He nodded and went up into my bathroom. It wasn't unusual for Pete to take a shower at my house. He practically lived there when my mom was out of town anyway.

I slowly walked upstairs and sat down on my bed. I was tired from getting no sleep the night before. I laid back on my bed and let my legs dangle over the edge. I had changed into shorts and put my sweatshirt back on before Pete got there. I didn't want him to see the bruises in case it would start another fight. I let my thoughts take me away as I heard the water run. I don't remember hearing it turn off, but I could sense that he was standing in front of me. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He stood there in only a towel and my heart fluttered.

"Hi," I said simply.

"Hey," he said back.

"Help me up?" I asked as I raised my hand to his.

He smiled and pulled me up. I stood up and our bodies pressed against each other. He looked deeply into my eyes and I searched his. I didn't know what he was thinking. I couldn't read his expression and it was killing me. Pete just leaned down and kissed me sweetly on the lips. It was something that I didn't know I wanted so badly until he did it. I longed to have his gentle touch. I reacted by kissing him back more aggressively. I must have taken Pete by surprise because he moaned into my mouth. The towel that was around his waist had fallen to the floor. Pete started to pull at the hem of my sweatshirt and I knew I had to stop him.

"Pete, wait," I said pulling back.

"What is it?" he asked sounding worried.

"Can we turn the lights off?" I asked quietly.

"Why?" he asked with a slight laugh.

"Please," I said looking up at him. I didn't want to explain it, and I didn't have a good excuse. I could tell Pete was searching my eyes for an answer because he just stood there and looked down on me. I just looked up at him praying he wouldn't get angry.

"Do you not want to do this?" he asked unsure of what was going on.

"No, I do. Just with the lights off. It's more romantic," I said biting my lip slightly and looked down. I hoped he would buy it.

"Alright," he said. He walked over to the light switch and turned the light off. Thanks to the black blinds in my room, the room got relatively dark.

"Thanks," I whispered.

"Anything for you," he said back.

I smiled and started to kiss him again. This time when he went to pull my shirt off, I let him.

"You are so beautiful," he whispered in my ear giving me shivers.

I just pushed him more towards the bed. I straddled him once I he laid down on the bed. Pete's hands rested on my hips as I assaulted his neck with my mouth.

"Oh Izzy," he moaned slightly.

His hands wandered up my side and I moaned out in pain, but Pete hadn't noticed the difference. He started to massage my breasts with his hands and my moans of pain had turned into moans of pleasure. We continued to kiss each other deeply every once in a while paying close attention to one or the other's necks and ears. I bit at Pete's bottom lip playfully. His hands wandered back down to my waist where he pulled at my shorts. I helped him pull them off with my underwear. I then straddled him again teasingly. He was now very erect and I hovered myself above him just so his tip was barely touching me.

"Izzy," he pleaded.

I looked down at him and reached between us and grabbed his shaft in my hands. He gasped in quickly. I then guided him into me. We both moaned out in pleasure as I let his full length enter into me. We needed this. We had so much tension built up; this was something that was needed. I began to rock back and forth with my hands resting on his chest and his hands firmly gripping my waist. I could feel him thrust up as I rocked back. I leaned forward and kissed him deeply. I could feel my insides start to contract and I knew I was close.

"Oh god," Pete said in barely a whisper indicated that he was close as well. I sat up and arched my back as Pete thrust up into me one more time.

"Oh Pete," I moaned out as we both hit our climax.

I fell down onto his chest breathing deeply. Pete put his hands through my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you," he whispered to me. I just took a deep breath. I felt content at that moment.

"I love you too," I said back closing my eyes.

Maybe everything was going to be alright.
Sign up to rate and review this story