Categories > Original > Drama > A story of Courage

Chapter 6

by Sing2009 0 reviews

yeah chapter 6

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 1171 words

0Unrated
we all stood as the judge left the room. So we decided that we would get my sanity test over with. We went to the hospital in Rockford. They asked me a total of 35 questions and had me tested for a few brain diseases they all came up negative and I passed the Sanity test. We didn't have court Sunday so I spent Sunday catching up on my work. Monday even though I didn't have to go to school I drove up there and dropped all my missing work into my teacher's mailboxes. My mother and I arrived at the court house. "Court is now in session all Rise! Please be seated. Ms. Smith can you please share the results of Gregory's test?" "Yes sir, Greg didn't get to see his results but he knows the truth and so do I." the moment of truth had arrived! I was so exited I could barley contain my self. "Greg you didn't pass your test. You got a 3/35 questions, there were three questions you answered truthfully. 1. Did/or still love Emma? 2. Did you drink at the party? 3. Did you chase Emma? You answerd those three questions truthfully. That's all I have." "Mr. Labec would you like to share Emma's information about her tests?" "Yes thank you Sir, Emma did exceptionally well for what as we thought was insanity. Emma you passed your Sanity Test with flying colors! And you have no known brain diseases." The judge spoke up suddenly "are you the defendant and Plaintiff prepared to make your closing statement Before the Jury goes in to Deliberation?" Simultaneously we replied "yes" WE allowed them to go first "I Gregory Adams am here today to tell you that I did not rape Emma Robbins. I do not care about all the so called proof you have gathered. But I am a decent man I would never allow my self to live if I did what you are telling me what I did. If you find me innocent and Emma Robbins Guilty I would like to gain custody of the baby because it is rightfully mine. You should see that Emma is a horrible person and should be sent to jail for what she did! That is all thank you." "Alright thank you Mr. Adams Emma Robbins are you ready to make your statement?" "Yes Sir, I Emma Robbins come to you today to place Gregory in jail. What Greg did no man should be able to get away with it is wrong sick and cruel. Greg is in position to talk he has attempted murder of two people and one account of rape. I am just hoping that you believe the evidence that we found to place him in jail. He is not stable enough to handle the burden of a child. I hope that you can all see this through my eyes and see what I am going to have to endure for the rest of my life. Thank you." "Thank you Ms. Robbins the Jury will now begin Deliberation." Well all we could do now was wait. If the jury took too long to decide we would come back in the morning. We all had permission to talk among our selves. "Emma? Can I have a word with you?" at first I didn't realize who it was until I turned around. "Hilary, I thought you hated me? Why are you even here?" "Well I've never have know you to be one to lie and I don't really trust Greg after what happened. After you left him he began to hit on me and well I don't like him and what you said he did to you I didn't want to be a part of that. Well I am so proud of you and after you have the baby I invite you to join the Squad again." "Thanks I am glad that you believe me I don't know what everyone else believes." I leaned over and gave her a huge hug! "No Emma thank you I feel so inspired about your story. I'll see you later." I was really happy that someone knew I wasn't lying to them. It now was like 6 in the evening. The judge entered the room and announced that we could go home but we would be coming back in the morning at 9. So I went home and prayed to god that the Jury would make the best decision for my plan in life. I woke extremely Early I think it was 4 I couldn't sleep. I was so nauseated my head hurt and I felt as if I had a fever. I got up out of bed I took a Dramamine and then some Ibuprofen. When my mom woke at 7 I felt a little bit better. I didn't know how much pregnancy took out of you sometimes. I gathered my self and got ready, and then we left at eight thirty for the court house. When we arrived the crews were outside yet again. The same man asked me that one question "Emma How are you dealing with all the events that have happened lately?" he asked that question until I was so far away I couldn't hear him. Yet again I thought about his question a lot. We got into the court room and there seemed to even more people in there today, many of them ran up and gave me a pat on the back. "All Rises, Court is now in session. Please be seated. (Judge turns to the jury) Have you made a verdict yet?" this short little man chimed in "yes Sir we have." "Alright will the jury's representative please stand and share the verdict?" the little man stood up and held the papers close to his face with his bifocals at the tip of his nose. "Well in the case of Emma Robbins and Gregory Adams we find Emma Robbins to be innocent Gregory Adams we find you guilty to the charges of Rape and attempted murder." Just then you heard Greg Scream "I KNEW ALL OF YOU HATE ME AND NOW EMMA AND OUR BABY WILL PAY!" Greg pulled a semi-automatic gun out of his pants pocket he Pointed the gun right at me. " Emma you told me you loved me you said always and forever well I guess here goes forever!" Greg fired the gun I didn't think I actually got hit but I did. I passed out I don't remember anything else. I remember waking up in the hospital all I started to scream "MY BABY DID HE KILL MY BABY?" just then the nurse ran into the room she held me down and told me in a calm voice "Emma you baby is fine your fine Greg shot you in the arm and then after you fell and hit your head he fired one shot that most likely was aiming for your baby he missed and hot you in your right leg. You are going to be ok Emma."
Sign up to rate and review this story