Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > At Least He Makes Me Forget...

Chapter 3

by Gangsta_Girl 6 reviews

"Even if the circumstances involve almost getting mauled by a cart and a destroyed cereal display?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-27 - Updated: 2006-10-27 - 760 words

0Unrated
"Did it even occur to you that maybe he didn't mean to do it?" Ryan peeped.

Spencer shrugged nonchalantly. "No. Not really."

"Okay, so what if I accidentally-"

"On purpose."

Brendon groaned before finishing his statement. "...ACCIDENTALLY destroyed the cereal display thing. Who cares?"

Jon looked in my immediate direction. "Well, her for starters."

"Her would happen to have a name you know." I said cheekily.

A slight flush crept up Jon's face. "Sorry. What would that name happen to be then?"

"Raquel."

"Raquel." Jon repeated. "Cool."

"Thanks."

"Well, I'm-"

"Jon." I finished for him.

"Yeah..." He drew out confused.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude. I just-I already know of you. Let's just say that your CD is currently in my car stereo."

"So you're a fan?" Ryan acknowledged.

"Yeah. You could say that." I smiled.

He smiled in return. "Well, it's always nice to meet a fan of ours."

"Even if the circumstances involve almost getting mauled by a cart and a destroyed cereal display?"

"Yes, even that." He laughed softly.

"So, we should get to it." Spencer realized.

"Get to what exactly?" Brendon finally spoke.

Spencer shook his head. "Sometimes I wonder about you Brend."

A giggle escaped my lips. "If you guys really want to help, there's a couple of brooms and stuff over there." I said pointing in the direction of the janitorial closet.

"It says Employees Only."

"Good job stating the obvious, Jon." Ryan chuckled.

I pushed open the door. "Don't worry, I'll get it."

I returned rather quickly with all the cleaning utensils and supplies. "Okay everyone, take one and let's fix this mess."

We finished rather hastily. Just in time for Amanda to come skulking out of her office.

"Raquel!?"

"Uh, yeah?" I said unsure after jogging over to her.

"You can go home now, if you want."

"Really?" I shifted my weight on my hip and crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes. "What's the catch?"

"No catch. I just need to cut some hours. It's dead out here."

"I'm assuming your not talking about the old McGinty couple."

"Raquel!"

"Okay-okay. Sor-ry."

Amanda shook her head. "No, it's just been really slow and I know you don't want to be here anyway. Nate'll take your shift."

"Alright. Sounds good to me."

I gathered my belongings, clocked out and walked back over to the four clueless boys.

"Good news. My manager didn't even notice the lack of several boxes of cereal. Bad news: I'm going to have to leave you."

Ryan cocked his head to the side like a sad puppy. "What do you mean?"

"Well, my manger is sending me home early. No biggie."

"Your manager didn't say anything about the cart escapade or Jon's previous marshmallow padding?"

I laugh. "No."

Jon swipes his slightly sweaty brow. "Phew."

I fumbled with the strap of my purse. "I-I guess, I'll see you around. It was really nice meeting all of you."

"Likewise." Jon noted.

After mandatory "good bye's" and "thank you's" I turned and walked out of the store. I slid into my car and proceeded to put my key in the ignition. At least I tried to...

I jumped due to the hand smacking my car window. Brendon. I rolled down the window, pretending to be annoyed, when in fact I was only covering my spastic glee.

"What?" I snapped lightly.

"Well," Brendon scratched his head, "I- the guys and me- we, uh...we thought it'd be cool if you hung out with us soon. Tomorrow maybe?"

"That'd be great. I'm not working tomorrow."

"Awesome. Do you-do you think I could get your number?" He asked digging into his tight jean pocket.

I paused for a moment. "Are you trying to pick me up?"

He cocked up an eyebrow. "...If we're going to meet up, it'd probably make sense to call you about were we're going to be..."

I blushed a light shade of pink. "Right...sorry."

He flipped out his Sidekick and typed in the numbers into the screen as I in return typed his into my own. Turning the screen back down he nodded with appreciation.

"Thanks. I guess I'll call you later then."

"Okay. I'll see you." I breathed nervously.

He winked at me and jogged back to the store. I rolled up the window and just sat in my car, my Sidekick heavy in my hands. Flipping through my address book, one more time, I landed on Brendon's number.

"Oh my god." I whispered to the silence in my vehicle. "I have Brendon Urie's number..."
Sign up to rate and review this story