Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > At Least He Makes Me Forget...

Chapter 4

by Gangsta_Girl 7 reviews

"I'll be right down." I pointed a stern finger down at him. "Hold on."

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-14 - Updated: 2006-11-14 - 1240 words

0Unrated
I don't even remember how I got to my house. I was in a complete daze after the number exchange with Brendon. I jumped on my bed like a love-struck thirteen-year-old girl. Complete with fluttery butterflies and high-pitched squeals. When I finally calmed down I fell on top of my black and white comforter and let out a long satisfied sigh. Closing my eyes, I drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to find my little brother Marcos looming over me, dangling my Sidekick just above my face.

"So, who's Brendon?"

I sat up stubbornly, ignoring his question and answering with one of my own. "What are you talking about?"

He threw the Sidekick on my lap. "You got a text message."

"And I missed it!"

"What's the big deal? Is he like your boyfriend or something?"

A meek response drifted from my lips. "No." Just the hottest guy ever.

He rolled his eyes, unimpressed at my answer. "Yeah, sure." He said, shutting the door behind me (which just so happened to have a poster of Panic! At The Disco taped to it).

"Hmmm...let's see what Mr. Urie texted..." I pressed the buttons on my Sidekick and his message popped up.

From: Brendon
Time: 3:43 p.m.
bored off my ass. what r u doing?

I giggled before instantly texting him back.

From: Raquel
Time: 4:02 p.m.
nothin. whats up?
p.s. caps lock is overrated. lol.

From: Brendon
Time: 4:04 p.m.
just testin ur txt sklz. ur txting teh secks @ sdkick msging just so u knw.

From: Raquel
Time: 4:05 p.m.
O rly? ;) Well how r ur phone sklz then?

From: Brendon
Time: 4:06 p.m.
orgasmic.

From: Raquel
Time: 4:06 p.m.
rotflmao.

From: Brendon
Time: 4:07 p.m.
no rly.

From: Raquel
Time: 4:07 p.m.
im sure.

From: Brendon
Time: 4:08 p.m.
srsly.

From: Raquel
Time: 4:09
prove it.

"Take that smart ass. Ha." I stuck my nose up in the air confidently as I punched in the final letters.

I placed the Sidekick down on the bed as I got up to go turn on my stereo. I was pretty confident that Brendon wouldn't be able to think of something to say after that last text message. Before I could even press the play button the polyphonic sounds of But Its Better If You Do emanated from my Sidekick speakers.

"What the hell?"

I picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is Raquel there?"

"Yes, this is she." I muttered quizzically.

"Hey, it's Brendon."

Thank god my mouth was quicker than my head. I thought I was going to die right there. "Oh, hey. What's up?"

"Nothing. Just been walking around." He paused for a minute, before speaking again. "Hey, I didn't know you're curtains were white."

My eyes darted towards my milky white gossamer curtains. "Good guess."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because there's no other possible way you would have known what color my curtains are...unless..."

"Unless?" He said elongating each letter for emphasis.

"Unless you're one hell of a stalker."

"Or..." He paused. "I Googled you on the internet."

"You're lying." I said positively.

"No. Not really...Look out your window."

I tossed my Sidekick onto the bed and inched my way toward my window. Pulling the curtains back I looked down towards the sidewalk. Right below was Brendon, waving with his free hand, a huge grin on his face. I quickly threw open the window without hesitation.

"Are you serious?! What are you doing here?!" I yelled into the street.

"I told you I was bored!" He yelled back after closing his Sidekick shut.

"I still can't believe you Googled me!"

"I'm almost positive that you've done that to my name. Don't deny it!" He chortled.

"Is that a crime?" I said folding my arms across my chest.

"No. So, stop freaking out that I did it to you. It's not that serious. At least I'm not some overweight forty-year-old trying to kidnap you!"

"Like a multi-talented nineteen-year-old is any better." I mused, leaning over the window's ledge slightly.

"Of course it is. Especially when that nineteen-year-old happens to be me." He stated, arching an eyebrow.

"Thank God for that." I giggled.

"So, are you going to come down or must I serenade you some more?"

"Ah, yes. With your 'orgasmic' voice, right?" I said teasingly, twirling a strand of hair around my fingers.

"Told you." He said, looking up at me, a cocky smile printed on his face as he arched his shoulders.

How could I refuse that?

"I'll be right down." I pointed a stern finger down at him. "Hold on."

I threw on my brown zip-up hoodie over my vintage tee and proceeded to dart out of my room, not without stuffing my Sidekick into my pocket first of course. I whizzed past the kitchen. Almost there, hand on the knob-

"Raquel, a donde vas?"

Crap. It was my mom.

I sighed. "Out. I'll be home by curfew anyway."

"Tienes trabajo hoy?"

"No, no work today. I'm off." I leaned in and kissed her hastily on the cheek. "I'll see you later. Bye Mami. Bendicion." I uttered at light speed.

"Dios te bendiga." She said sweetly before I left the house to an awaiting Brendon. I felt kind of bad for just leaving, but who knows when the next time a hot guy will be standing under my window again? That's a chance I wasn't willing to take.

After gliding down the steps to the sidewalk I saw him sitting down on the curb. He scratched the back of his neck and continued his previous humming. I could have sworn it was The Smashing Pumpkins' Tonight, Tonight. He sported, yet again, another hoodie, but this time it was a bulkier gray. I tapped him on the shoulder causing him to jump a little bit. He eased up when he saw me out of the corner of his eye, stifling my laughter. He stood up and faced me, giving me that signature pout.

"Your glasses." I blurted, pointing to his squared black frames. I hadn't noticed them before. I guess I was preoccupied with the fact that he had actually found where I lived.

"Oh." he realized, sliding a finger across the length of the right ear piece. "Yeah, don't normally wear them that often, but considering where we're going, thought I should try to go a little incognito."

"Incognito?"

"It means to go underco-"

"I know what it means, silly. I meant, why would you need to-" I shook my head. "Yeah, totally wasn't thinking." I bit my lip to stop from further embarrassing myself.

He shoved his hands into his tight pockets. How does he get those jeans on in the first place? "Well...usually, I don't mind, but it kind of sucks when you can't even go outside of your tour bus without the chance you'll be mauled to death." He adds with a chuckle.

"I understand...So, where do you want to go?" Not like it mattered. I'd go anywhere with him.

He smiled. "The fair."

*A/N: I just want to take time out and thank each and every one of you for reading my story. You guys have given me such great feedback so far. I heart you. And if you have any input/ideas for me, just tell me. Who knows? I may use it in an upcoming chapter. This is as much your story as it is mine... :)
Sign up to rate and review this story