Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

The Door To Freedom: Part 2

by darks00 3 reviews

Klaus and Kyle fight for their freedom...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-27 - Updated: 2006-10-28 - 1168 words

3Exciting
Chapter 11: The Door To Freedom Part 2

KLAUS' POINT OF VIEW:

"Court is back in session," Said Judge Matters, banging her gavel on the podium.

Break was over too fast for me. I didn't know how much more my heart and nerves can take. I took a deep breath. It was time for my fathers case. I bit my lip so hard with anticipation that it started to bleed.

"Ms.Mache, your case please?" Asked Judge Matters.

"Of course. Thank-you, your honour," Said Ms.Mache standing up. "I would like to call on my first witness...the doctor who stitched up Klaus Layne on the night of his "abuse."...Dr.William Wein "

The doctor who stitched me up came onto the stand. I shivered. I remember being under the hospitals lights. I remember my friends crying. I remember the needle and being stitched up. I remember everything. Why would my father call onto a doctor who knows I've been abused? He's a doctor, he had to know these wounds of mine were man-made. Dr.Wein had to put his hand on the bible (Even though he was left handed like Kenny, he had to use his right hand, but he didn't mention it out loud.) and promised to tell the truth.

"So, Dr.Wein, You stitched up Klaus on the night of the "accident", right?" Asked Ms.Mache.

"That's correct."

"So did you think he was abused?"

"Ye..."

Then I noticed something from the corner of my eye-Ms.Mache handed Dr.Wein a roll of fifty dollar bills. I gasped. She was bribing him!

"YOUR HONOUR!" I cried out.

"Over ruled," Cried out Judge Matters. "Klaus, please let Ms.Mache finish her statement."

"But your honour!"

How could no one else see what was happening?

"Klaus!" She cried out, banging her gavel. "I demand you be quiet, or you stay with your father,"

I clenched my fists in anger and frustration. It was so hard to keep my lips shut, but I knew the court wouldn't listen to me.

"No. I do not think the Layne children are being abused," Dr.Wein lied.

Lies. Nothing but freaking lies.

"What do you think happened that night?" Ms.Mache asked the doctor.

"I'd suggest that Klaus was the one drinking himself. He got drunk, and probably fell and banged his head on the coffee table."

What a lair!

"Thank you, Dr.Wein," said Ms.Mache. "I end my case."

"That's it?" asked Judge Matters.

"Yes. I think that's enough." said Ms.Mache.

"Thank you. I declare," Judge Matters began. "That the Layne children should stay with their father."

"NO!" I screamed out loud.

I ran up to the stand, not being able to stop my tears.

"No, don't listen! He's lying!" I cried out.

"KLAUS!" Cried out Judge Matters in surprise. "Why would a doctor lie? Now sit down..."

"I mean no disrespect, your honour," I said, chocking on my tears. "But Dr.Wein was bribed."

"Nonsense!" Cried out Dr.Wein.

"You got to believe me, your honour!"

"Over ruled!" Cried out Judge Matters, banging her gavel.

"Fine. Don't believe me," I threw out. "But please...just listen. Do you think these tears of mine are fake? Do you not listen to me for I'm just a child? I finally get the confidence to get help, and what do I get? Stepped on. Your threw my confidence out the window, and it'll never come back. Thanks to you." I said coldly.

"Go ahead. Leave me with my father. Leave me and my brother with him till we're both dead. Do you want that on your conscious? Please, believe me..." I begged.

Judge Matters thought for a sec. I gulped. "I suppose your right. Every child should have a choice to live with their family or not. Confidence is something every child should have. But where would you live?"

"My Aunt Mary lives just out of town. I know she'd take me in."

"Fine. I will call your Aunt Mary personally to talk to her about being your guardian,"

Judge Matters was about to bang her gavel to end the case, when my father let out a cry of anger. He ran up to me. I let out a cry of fear. He came up to me, but his large hands around my neck and started chocking me.

I started getting light headed from the lack of oxygen. All I heard were screams. It was getting harder and harder to breathe. I'm not sure who took my father off of me, but I'm assuming it was a security guard. I couldn't get a good look since my eyes were closed the whole time. I gasped the air greedily.

"MR.LAYNE!" cried out Judge Matters. "Layne children, I'm sorry for not believing you. Mr.Layne, I declare you guilty of child abuse. You are expected to come back to the court in a few months to discuss your punishment. Until then, you are under house arrest. "

She banged her gavel. I saw the security guards had troubles keeping my father down. Soon, they finally got him out of the court room. I was still crying, though. But this time, it was tears of happiness. Kyle came up to me and did something he never did ever since we were children...he gave me a hug.

"We did it, Kyle," I told him in happiness.

Joey, Megan and Kenny came towards me. Joey and Kenny shook my hand in congratulations of my freedom, while Megan gave me a hug. I could get hit with a truck this very moment, and still be happy. To be happy to have my freedom back, and out of my fathers grip. It was then I knew everything would be alright.

As long as I was with the band My Sanctuary, and had friends like these, I knew I would be okay.

"Can I please now take off my tie?" Kenny asked.

"No." Said Megan.

"Why not?"

"Because. I like to see you suffer."

"Shut up."

Kenny tugged on his tie, trying to get it off. He let out a groan of frustration out. "I can't get it off."

"Are you ok?" Asked Joey in concern.

"Why are you asking me if I'm ok?" Kenny asked out while laughing. "No one in this world ever killed themselves with a freaking tie."

"Knowing you, Kenny," said Megan, laughing. "You will be the first."

"Shut up," Kenny said again like a broken record player.

"Or else what?" Asked Megan. "You'll get drunk again and ruin our show for the Forgotten Bands contest?"

"I told you, someone gave me that beer," Pointed out Kenny.

"Yeah. Someone like yourself," I said, laughing.

Everyone laughed, everyone but Joey, that is. Joey was still awfully quiet, making my curiosity grow. Joey didn't seem like the type to give another minor a beer, But then again, I hardly know Joey...and I know looks can be deceiving. I know from experience.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story