Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sophomore Slump...or Comeback of the Damn Century

and oh, the way your make up stains my pillowcase like i'll never be the same

by killxsmile 8 reviews

sixteen doesn't get any sweeter than this

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 1412 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Again, apologies for posting so late. I would have updated yesterday, but I went to Six Flags with a couple of friends [amazing, but freezing at the same time].

My undying love goes out to the following:
FrostedGlass
sing4me09
PiecesInMe

c h a p t e r FOURTEEN
{ and oh, the way your makeup stains my pillowcase like i'll never be the same

*
Emily's POV

"Pete! Please put me down!"
"And I'd want to do that because why?
"I love you and asked you nicely."
"You make a good point...but no."
"Well can you at least let me take off the blindfold?"
"But that would ruin the surprise...plus it's kinda kinky."
"Gah, you're such a perv."

Just 15 minutes ago we were at my house playing video games. Then all of a sudden he looked at his watch, got a blindfold onto me and threw me over his shoulder. If any other person did this, I would have taken their mortal soul or at least kicked them in the balls. But here I am, still slung over his shoulder, wondering where the hell he's taking me in the middle of night on a Friday. Pete's an exception, I guess. We have been together for almost a year now. Damn him and his Wentz charm...

"C'mon Pete, lemme take off the blindfold."
"If I do, you'll see where we're going and everyone will be mad that I ruined the plan."
"But I'd also have a nice view of your ass."
"Who's the perv now? Anyways, we're almost there."

A few minutes later he was guiding me up a set of stairs.

"You can take off the blindfold." As soon as I did my eyes went wide.

A barrage of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"s filled the room. I saw a flash and Joe was standing in front of me, camera in hand. A bunch of my friends and people some people I didn't know were squished into Pete's living room. I was speechless. A few seconds later Trick came out with a cake, fully lit with 16 candles.

"Make a wish." I thought for a few seconds, then blew them out. Trick put the cake in the kitchen and turned a stereo on.

"Do you like it?" Pete asked.
"I love this... but my birthday's tomorrow."
"I know. Trick and I thought it'd be too obvious if we did it tomorrow. You're too smart for that, Emi."
"Aren't your parents gonna be mad when they see a billion kids in here?"
"They're on a mini-vacation in Florida for their wedding anniversary."
"Have I ever told you how awesome you are?"
"Not recently."
"Well you are."

We made our way through a group of people and started dancing. It was perfect just being in his arms, music pulsing through the walls.
"I love you, Pete." He smiled, then leaned down and kissed me. Almost a year now, and he still makes me weak in the knees.
"I love you too, Emi."

After a few songs later, Trick appeared.

"Mind if I cut in?"
"No problem." Pete said, stepping aside. A slow song came on, so I wrapped my arms around his neck and Trick placed his arms around my waist.
"You guys didn't have to do all of this you know."
"Well you deserve it. You haven't had a birthday party in years, and 16 is a HUGE milestone in a girl's life...Plus you have to admit that you like it."
"Yeah, I do." I leaned my head on Trick's chest. "You boys are too good to me."
"You should have seen Pete. He was planning this for the past forever."

The rest of the night went basically the same: dancing, cake, more dancing and talking to random people. I loved every second of it. Around 1:00 people started saying their goodbyes and clearing out. It wasn't until 2AM that only me Pete and Trick were left. Trick, after looking at the mess formerly known as Pete's living room, decided it was time to leave, for fear that he'd have to help clean it up.

"Bye, Em. Hope you had fun today."
"I did. Thanks a billion." I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"You're welcome a billion." He smiled and headed next door.

"Now I'm beginning to understand why Trick left..." I was referring to the whirlwind of plastic cups, paper plates, bottles and half eaten food.
"Don't tell me you're leaving too," Pete said.
"No. I wouldn't leave you here all by yourself to clean up."

We got garbage bags and started cleaning. Somewhere between picking up pizza and plates, we started playing...erm, attempting to play hackey sack with plastic cups.

"We are such losers," I said, trying to kick the cup toward Pete.
"I know, but we're cool losers." He picked up the cup and threw it over his shoulder. Then he leaned down and kissed me. Soon we were stumbling up the stairs and into his bedroom. That oh-so-innocent kiss had Pete and I half-naked, making out on his bed.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked. He wasn't a virgin, but he knew that I was. I guess he was worried about pressuring me into anything.
"I'm sure...just take it slow." He leaned down and kissed me, then grabbed a condom from a drawer on the bedside table.

*
The next morning, I woke up and automatically shut my eyes, afraid that when I opened them I'd realize that it was all a dream.

"Emi..." I felt arms wrap around my waist. A wave of relief hit me, and I slowly opened one eye, then the other.

Pete. He was still asleep--hair sticking up everywhere, a smile on his face. Completely adorable. I watched him for a few minutes, chest slowly rising and falling.

I snuggled up close to him and softly sang the only song that did the moment justice.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming.
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender.
I could stay lost in this moment forever.
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure.
I don't wanna close my eyes.
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing.
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing


As if on cue, he opened his eyes and smiled.

*
Peter's POV

I woke up and Emi was singing. Sunlight streamed through the window behind her and I could swear she looked like an angel.

"Happy birthday, lovely," I said, tucking her hair behind her ear.
"Good morning, handsome." She smiled. I kissed her forehead.

"Pete?"
"Yeah, Emi?"
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For this...everything."
"You deserve it, you know."

She leaned her forehead against mine. We laid there, not saying anything, but it wasn't an awkward silence. It was more of a there's-no-need-for-words-because-everything's-perfect-right-now silence.

"We're eventually gonna have to get up," I said, playing with her hair.
"Yeah, I know," she said, nuzzling against my neck. "Just a few more minutes."

We laid there just holding each other for a little while.

"Okay, let's get up."

We got our clothes on and headed downstairs. The mess that we half-cleaned up was still there. Ignoring it, we ate breakfast. I noticed Emi's cell phone on the counter. 5 missed calls.

"Em?"
"Yes, Pete?"
"Your cell."
"Oh crap," she said, looking at it. "My mom." She dialed the number. "Hello, mom?...Yeah, I know, I know...Yeah, at Pete's...The party was great. You were in on it?...Oh, I see...No problem...Seriously, it's okay...Um, okaaay...yeah. Bye." She put the phone down with a confused look on her face.
"What did she say?"
"She was worried about where I was, then asked if I liked the party and how she was sorry that she didn't do anything for my birthday. Then she said that she trusted me with you and that I could stay here if I wanted to."
"Wow."
"I know. Even though she's cool with most things, that was definitely not how I thought she'd take it."
"So are you going to stay?"
"Of course. I could go for another round of hackey sack."

*
Please review. I love reviews.
Sign up to rate and review this story