Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sophomore Slump...or Comeback of the Damn Century

i know this is belated, but we love you back

by killxsmile 8 reviews

Emi has a harebrained scheme. [Freezepop fans know what I'm talking about]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-11-05 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 1966 words

1Funny
Author's Note: Okay. I'm a procrastinator, it's been established. I came up with this chapter after listening to Freezepop's "Harebrained Scheme." [freezepop = AMAZING. check them out if you haven't already.] Before I forget, a mountain of gummi bears goes out to each of the following:

moocow & sing4me09 - yep. "hackeysack" = love...in the pants.

whatkatydid - new reviewer! YAY!

pixied_secrets - another new reviewer! btw: i'm loving 'Sincerity's In, So Don't You Sound Like You Mean It.' Great stuff.

PiecesInMe - one of my beloved regulars. you rock like no other.

xHanniex - another new reviewer! glad you like my fic!

Hope you guys like this one.

c h a p t e r FIFTEEN
{ i know this is belated, but we love you back

*
Emily's POV

Saturday morning sunlight streamed in though my windows. Surprisingly, both earbuds from my iPod were still present in my ears. Without opening my eyes, I reached for the slim, black item, pressing buttons until music started up. Just as I was about to fall back asleep, I felt the bed shift.

"Good morning, Trick." I said from under my pillow.
"How'd you know it was me?"
"Well, my mom never wakes me up...Ben and Pete always come in jumping, Joe usually throws a stuffed animal at my head, Andy asks me if I still eat meat and Christina yells 'GET UP YOU LAZY BUM!'" He laughed and I turned around to face him.
"What's up?"
"Nothing really, just bored."
"You seem down. What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"
"Meh."
"Don't give me 'meh.' Something's on your mind."
"It's just that...Forget it. It's stupid."
"C'mon, Trick. You can talk to me."
"I know this is going to sound really selfish, but ever since you got together with Pete, I feel like a third wheel...I mean, we never really hang out anymore..."

Now that I think about it, I haven't spent much time at all with Trick lately.


"No, I get where you're coming from. I do spend a lot of time with Pete, but you need some love too. Lets hang out today, just you and me. It'll be a Trick and Emi reunion of sorts."
"Seriously?"
"Why not?" A smile crept onto his face. "Just let me take a shower and we'll be off." I stretched and got out of bed.
"Okay, I'll hang out with Ben until then."

I hopped into the shower and after 15 minutes of soaping and shampooing, I was finished. I dried off, put on some clothes and made my way downstairs.

Trick and Ben were in front of the TV screen, playing DDR. By the looks of it, Trick was losing...badly. I headed to the kitchen, told my mom I was leaving and grabbed some water bottles before plopping onto the couch.

"Jeez, Ben. How do you do that?" he asked.
"DDR runs in the veins, Trick," I said.
"Oh, hey Em. How long have you been there?" he asked, panting.
"Long enough. Here," I said, handing them both water bottles.
"Thanks, Em."
"Thank you."
"No problem."

I waited until he was done with his water. "Ready to go?"
"Yeah...Hang out later, Ben?"
"Mhmm. Seeya, Trick! Bye Emi!"
"Bye!"

"So, where are we off to?" Trick asked, getting in the passenger's side.
"First stop, the mall."

Went to the arcade first. He whooped me at Time Crisis, but I kicked his ass at Tekken. I honestly forgot how fun it was to hang out, just me and him.

We stayed there until the manager yelled at us for being too loud and hogging the air hockey table.

"Since when is being passionate a crime?" I laughed.
"I know! It's not our fault that air hockey is fun!"
"Now we'll never know who would have won..."
He mumbled something under his breath.
"What?"
"I just said that there was no way you would have made a comeback."
"Hey, I was only down 2 points!"
"More like 3."
"If it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself that," I said, poking him.
"Okay, okay. Where to next?"
"Umm...LaserQuest!"
"Sounds good."

When we got there, games were already in progress, giving us about half an hour of waiting time. Our options were:
a) sit around and talk
b) walk into a random kid's birthday party
c) play foosball

Being the overly-competitive people we are, we went with the last option. First I won. Then he won, Then there was a draw because the ball somehow flew off the table. He won. I won.

"All players with yellow keys, please enter the airlock."

"I guess lasers will have to break this tie, Stump."
"You guessed right, Ikuhara."

We made faces at each other as the marshall talked about how we're not supposed to cover our sensors. Then we put on our vests, entered in our names and the door opened. I immediately ran for the ramp. Shooting people from above was always fun. Trick was nowhere in sight...or so I thought. My back sensor went off and sure enough, he was right behind me. I ran for the nearest wall. After my time was up, I shot at a mirror which just so happened to reflect the laser right onto Trick's shoulder. Geometry came in handy for once. The game went this way for a while--he'd shoot me, I'd shoot him, we'd be even. Eventually we split up. I found another ramp and shot people who walked in groups with their friends. It was hilarious because they'd start blaming each other.

"Frank, what the hell did you shoot me for?!"
"I didn't shoot you!"
"But you're right behind me and no one else is around!"
"I didn't do it!"
"I didn't shoot myself!"
"I'm telling you--What the hell? Why'd you shoot me?!"
"Because you started it!"

As I said earlier, is was hilarious.

The game ended soon after that. I ran over to the screen to see my rank. 2. HYPERKID; 1. TRICK

"Looks like I won," he said, wrapping me in a sweaty hug.
"I'll get you next time."
"If it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself that," he smirked.
"Now that you've proved yourself winner, where would you like to celebrate?"
"Starbucks."
"Off to drain Jess' paycheck!" I said, jumping onto his back. Starbucks was only a few minutes away. There was a good amount of people in there, but not so much that it was crowded.

*
Patrick's POV

"Hey Jess."
"Trick, Emi! Haven't seen you in a while. How've you been?"
"Pretty good."
"You and Pete are taking care of my little sis, right?"
"As always."
"Lemme guess. You're having the usual and it's on me," he smiled his annoyed-but-I-love-my-little-sister smile.
"Pretty much."
"Okay, 2 usuals coming right up."
"Thanks Jess."
"De nada."

We sat down, but soon after, our orders were called up.

"Emi, thanks for today. I really needed this," I said, sitting down.
"No problem. I didn't realize how much I missed hanging out like this until today."
"I guess we took it for granted..." I noticed a drop in his voice.
"Why so sad?"
"Well, after today, you'll still have Pete, and I'll...have my guitar..."
"I bet with your amazing guitar skills and that sweet voice of yours, you'll get a girl."
"You really think so?"
"Would I lie?"
"Well, no..."
"Trust me on this, Trick."
"If you say so."

Emi finished her caramel frappuccino, while I was only able to finish half of my drink. Heading to the garbage can, I bumped into someone, spilling the rest of my frappuccino all over their shirt.

"Oh, crap, I'm so sorry!"
"It's no problem...vanilla's my favorite flavor," she said, trying make light of the situation. I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks.
"Gen? Gen Hart?" Emi asked.
"Yeah...How'd you know that?"
"Emily Ikuhara. That half-crazy Asian girl from--"
"Bell Elementary! Yeah, I remember you!"
"It's been, what, 2 years?"
"Something like that. Do you have time to sit down? Catch up maybe?"

*
Emily's POV

"Yeah. Wait, Trick, you don't mind do you?"
"No, it's fine."
"Wait, Patrick Stump? Is that you?"
"Umm, yeah."

Who woulda thought that I'd bump into a kid that went to my elementary school?

"So, what have you been up to these past few years?" I asked.
"Well, after Bell, I went to Regina. Not that great. I have a uniform there--pisses me off--but it's all good. Classes are pretty easy. Still boyfriend-less. You?"
"I don't have a uniform, but school still pisses me off. I got some credits from Bell, so I'm in some advanced classes. I guess it's okay, since my boyfriend's in some of them."
"Aww. How long have you and Patrick been dating? Everyone in 8th grade was waiting for you guys to finally get together."
"Oh, no. We're not together," I said. "In fact, there's my boyfriend now. Excuse me." Not only was this an opportunity to scare the crap out of Pete, but it would force Trick and Gen to talk. It may have been 2 years since I saw her last, but I knew what she was thinking. She was fiddling with her straw, a habit she only had when a boy she liked was around. I'd sat at her lunch table long enough to figure it out.

Leaving them alone at the table wasn't exactly the harebrained scheme I was going for, but it was close enough. "I've got a friend and she's a beauty. I've got a friend and he's a cutie. They should be friends if you know what I mean..."

After snapping out of my Freezepop state of mind, I crept up behind Pete and he almost spilled his coffee.
"Emi, hey," he said, regaining his composure. He kissed my cheek and hugged me with his free hand.
"What are you doing here?"
"Getting my caffeine fix. Coffee is love."
"Well then I coffee you."

*
Patrick's POV

"So..." Insert awkward silence here. Gen and Emi were really good friends in grade school, but I didn't know her that well. I never really talked to her, other than the brief time we were lab partners and I almost lit her hair on fire...It's not the greatest way to be remembered.
"Yeah...."
"Sorry again about earlier."
"It's no problem, seriously...I guess we have something in common: we both like vanilla." She smiled.
"I guess we do."
"So, do you stop by Starbucks often?"
"Yeah. Since Emi's brother works here, we get our fill of free coffee."
"Lucky! I'm hooked on the stuff, so I'm usual blowing all my paycheck here or on music somewhere else."
"Music and coffee make the world go round."

Emi and Pete sat down with us and we talked for about half an hour before Emi's mom called.

"It was cool seeing you, Gen. Don't be a stranger. We have to hang out sometime," Emi said, giving her a hug.
"Don't worry, I won't."
"It was really nice meeting you."
"You too Pete."
"It was nice bumping into you...well, you know what I mean," I said.
"Don't worry about it...Um...I know this may be forward, but if I gave you my number, would you call me?"

Woah. That caught me of guard.

"Of course--I mean, yeah. I'd call you." Smooth. Real smooth. Again, I felt that oh-so-familiar feeling of blood rushing to my face. Even though I was a complete dork, she jotted her number onto a napkin and handed it over to me.
"See you around, Stump." She have me a half hug.
"Yeah, see you." I followed Pete and Emi out the door.

"See, you didn't even have to sing for her." Emi said.

Author's Note: A Patrick chapter has been long overdue. Hope you liked it.

Review?
Sign up to rate and review this story