Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Remorse

by micaturtle 2 reviews

A short story about pre-teen mikey and what he thinks of killing

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-30 - 453 words - Complete

4Moving
Remorse by Mica
Author's note: A very short story I wrote about war actually. Mike, IMO, would be the type to think too much about the peeps he's killing. I think eventually he learns to cover it up with humor, but as a child, I think he spent many a night rocking himself to sleep.



Mike pulled his legs up to his plastron and leaned against the wall. He started rocking softly on the bed to soothe himself, trying not alert his brothers to his movement. He didn't want Leo to know how much their actions had bothered him today. He was supposed to be trained to be a ninja. To be indifferent to death... but....

"Mike?" came a quiet voice out of the darkness.. so much for trying to be quiet... "Mikey?" it came again, it was Donatello.

Mike made a small quiet noise. Donnie pulled himself up onto Mike's bunk quietly as he had done many nights when Michaelangelo had nightmares.

"You okay, Mike? Have a bad dream?" Don said in a quiet, calming whisper.

Mike shook his head no.

"What then?"

"I just keep thinking about that guy... today... That guy we killed."

"Oh Mike." Don said, giving his brother a comforting hug, "It's okay. He would have killed us if we hadn't killed him. You know that."

"I know." Mike sniffled quietly, " but... but... but he was still..." Mike paused... unsure how to go on... "What if he had a brother at home, Donnie? A brother like we are brothers? And what if his brother is crying tonight because he's not coming home?"

There was a long pause, and regret weighed heavy in the air. Finally Donatello whispered to Mike "I don't know, Mike. I just don't know..."

In the bunk above Mike's, a tear came down Leo's cheek as he silently cried. This had been the first person they had ever had to kill, and there would no doubt be others. Sensei Splinter had trained them to be ninja, and had taught them many lethal moves. The man they ran into today would not be the only who would seek to harm them. He would not be the only death. And Leonardo knew of at least one more. Splinter had confided in him, and him only, that one day they would be pitted against an old foe of his named Oroku Saki... and to satisfy ninja honor, they would be bound to kill the man. A silent sob choked out of Leo's throat as he thought of the pain and remorse this might bring him and his brothers. However, it was something that needed to be done and would be done.... no matter how many tears were cried...


Sign up to rate and review this story