Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > So Take A Step

Chapter Thirteen

by MusicxisxHearts 5 reviews

And here it is: THE LAST CHAPTER.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 972 words

1Moving
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I just want to give a giant thank you times a million to everyone who has read this story, and extra extra extra bonus points for everyone that reviewed! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE BEST!!!

The sun shone brightly through the window./ Crap, I forgot to close the blinds. My eyes flickered open and I slowly registered someone's hot breath on the back of my neck and a warm arm draped over my waist. Oh my gosh, so last night wasn't a dream. /
Pete stirred next to me. He moved his arm and propped his self up on his elbows. I rolled over and did the same.
"Good morning," he smiled at me.
"Is it really?" I looked past him to the clock on my nightstand. "Nope, it's noon."
Pete's smiled faded, "We leave at one."
I moved so my back was against the wall. Pete did the same and we sat in silence for a few minutes.
Pete smiled, "Two years huh?"
I didn't even blush this time. "Nope, not since the last jerk."
"You wanna talk about it?" Pete asked, totally sincere.
I shook my head, "Not really. It's just another tearful chapter in the sob story of my life. Maybe some other time..." The silence continued on for a few more minutes, but it was a comfortable silence. "You hungry?" I finally asked.
"Sure," Pete said.
I got up from the bed and left the room. Pete followed me down the hall and into the kitchen. I put coffee grounds in the coffee maker and turned it on. I went through my cupboards, which were practically empty. / I really need to go grocery shopping. /Finally, I pulled out a box of cereal.
"I hope you like Count Chocula," I said.
Pete smiled, "Yep."
I opened the refrigerator, grabbed the milk, and then got two bowls and two spoons out. Pete and I each poured our own bowl. We sat on the stools by the counter and ate in silence. When the coffee was done, I grabbed two mugs and creamer and poured some for each of us.
"You aren't going to get in trouble for being M.I.A. last night?" I asked Pete a little worriedly.
He shook his head, "No, they don't really care what we do after the shows as long as we get back to the venue on time."
"Speaking of which," I looked at the clock. "It's 12:30. I can give you a ride if you want." And then I remembered. "Oh shoot, I left my car at the venue."
"Can we walk instead of taking a bus?" Pete asked.
"Sure," I was happy that he had offered.
Five minutes later, I grabbed my wallet, cell phone, and keys, and we left the apartment complex. It was really sunny and warm out. / Summer is definitely here. /We walked in silence for a few minutes, before I finally let Pete into my world.
"I really didn't go the other day because I was more scared of actually meeting you," I said. Pete looked at me concerned. "I couldn't owe up to the feelings I had, and I was scared of how fast I fell for you and how fast I would fall if I met you. Past experiences with guys taught me that was the perfect way to get hurt."
"I was a little unsure of it at first myself. I haven't really let myself have a relationship for quite a while. The last one took too much out of me," Pete seemed a little sad.
And then I got to what really was bugging me, "How are we going to make this work? You live in Chicago, I live here. Your life is there and mine is here."
Pete thought for a moment, "After the tour, before we start recording again, the band gets some time off. Cleveland is pretty much the first place besides Chicago that cared about Fall Out Boy. I wouldn't mind coming back to get to know the city a little better. And of course you." He laced his fingers through mine, and I stepped a little closer to him as we walked.
"But it still doesn't guarantee anything. We could end up hating each other. Getting hurt..." I was scared now. Scared that I'd lose the one person that really understands me.
"Yeah, but sometimes it's worth it," Pete said quietly.
We had reached the venue now, and it was exactly one o'clock. The roadies had everything packed up, and the bus was waiting. I hate good-byes. I've had more than my fair share of them.
"I'll call and text and e-mail and IM you every chance I get. And I'll look forward to after the tour," Pete smiled. I smiled a little back at him. Then, he pulled me in closer and kissed me quickly on the lips.
He pulled back and I looked somberly at him, "None of that will compare to having the real you. But just let me know the dates and I'll start counting down until I get to see you again."
Pete smiled at me, "Sure thing." Then he turned and walked slowly towards the waiting bus. I leaned up against the brick wall of the venue and watched the bus move out of eyesight. Then, I slowly went to my car and drove back to the apartment.
It felt empty in my apartment somehow. I sadly cleaned the cereal bowls with the milk beginning to dry in the bottom and the empty coffee mugs. Then, I walked slowly back to my bedroom and sat down on my bed. Oh no! Pete's red and black Clandestine hoodie was laying on the floor. I picked it up and felt how soft the inside material was. Oh well, he probably has a million hoodies anyway.
Sign up to rate and review this story