Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > So Take A Step

Chapter Twelve

by MusicxisxHearts 5 reviews

We're nearing the end of the road. But this isn't it!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-30 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 1124 words

2Ambiance
AUTHOR'S NOTE: To all of those who have been moaning and groaning over Rory's lack of confidence, this is so your chapter. ENJOY!!!

"Where to now?" Pete asked after we got back outside.
I thought for a moment. Where are we supposed to go now? Well...like they say, jump off the cliff... "Um, you wanna go check out my humble abode?"
Pete smiled, "You mean I actually get to see where 90% of our IM conversations have happened?"
I blushed a little, but I don't think my smile could have gotten any bigger. I led the way back to my apartment, Pete by my side. This feels so natural. Could tonight get any weirder?
We had been walking for about five minutes, when Pete shyly grabbed my hand. I hesitantly let him lace his fingers through mine. His hand felt warm and comforting. I looked at the ground and blushed.
Finally, the apartment complex came into view. I led Pete up the stairs to the second floor, then down the hall to my apartment, still holding his hand. I pulled out my keys again and unlocked the door.
"It's not much..." I said shyly. It's not like the apartment complex was run down, but it wasn't exactly high class either. My apartment had one bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room/kitchen. I'm glad that Miranda decided to go on a cleaning kick when she was here this morning. At least there isn't a three-inch layer of dust on everything.
"Oh crap, I forgot my bass again," I said after my eyes landed on my amplifier.
"They don't mind you playing loudly?" Pete asked.
"I have the amp turned way down," I emptied my pocket and set everything down on the counter that divided the kitchen and living room. Now what do I say?
Pete walked over to the window. You could see downtown Cleveland lit up like daylight. "Great view."
"Yeah, that's why I love this place. Decent rent, nice people, friendly landlord, close to work, wonderful view of the city, a pretty good view of the lake," I said absentmindedly. The shock was setting in. Pete is in my apartment. PETE is in MY apartment. How in the world did this happen?
"I don't see the lake," Pete turned away from the window.
"Follow me," I led him down to my bedroom, "This is the corner apartment, so I get a view of the city and the lake." My behavior was amazing me. I can't believe we're in my apartment, let alone my bedroom!
The lake was a far off black mass in the window. You could see the lights along the highway and the marinas. We just stood there in silence for a moment, staring out the window.
"You know, you're a lot shyer in person than I thought you would be," hearing it from Pete made it sound OK to be shy.
I walked away from the window, "Why do you think I chickened out yesterday? I was too worried I'd do something wrong or not be the person you were expecting..."
Pete walked over by me and smiled, "Hey, you weren't the only one worrying."
I looked at him, "Are you serious?"
"I'm melodramatic about everything," Pete smiled. I smiled back, feeling a thousand times better. He has the weirdest effect on me.
Just then, Pete leaned over and flipped the lights off. The room was totally dark, except for what little light the window let in. I couldn't see where Pete was, and my heart was pounding so loud in my chest I was sure he could hear it. I heard the door clicking shut, and I really wondered where Pete was. Bad things were racing through my head.
Suddenly, Pete was in front of me. His hands fell easily to my hips, and I let him push me back against the wall. Now his body was flush against mine and before I could comprehend the situation, I felt his lips fall softly upon mine. Something had happened to the two shy kids who had met at a concert some hours before. I felt like I didn't even know who I was.
After sometime, Pete pulled back. My heart was racing wildly and I was burning hot from our bodies being so close. I wish I could see Pete's eyes now. I swallowed and hesitantly held onto his forearms. Pete moved in closer and kissed me again, a little stronger this time. He pulled back a little again, but I did something I never thought I would do. I moved closer and kissed him.
This time, Pete pulled away completely, and I suddenly felt cold. I heard the bed creak slightly and then the lamp on my nightstand clicked on. Pete was sitting with his back against the wall and his legs stretched out in front of him. I sat down next to him.
"So am I a good kisser?" he joked a little cockily.
"Yep," I smiled and blushed, totally out of touch with myself. Did that really just happen? I looked back over at Pete, who was grinning like he didn't know it.
"This really doesn't feel like a first date," he said.
I raised an eyebrow, "Oh, so we're dating now?"
Pete's smile vanished and he began stumbling over his words, "Well, um, only if uh, you um, want to..."
I laughed a little at how panicked he was. I grabbed the hood on his hoodie, pulled him closer to me, and kissed him. His hand moved to my waist, then slyly crept under my shirt. I let his hand go half way up my stomach before pulling back and grabbing his arm.
"I'm tired, it's been a long day," I said while I took off my shoes. I looked back at Pete, who had disbelief written all over his face. I smiled, "Hey, I haven't kissed a guy in two years, and I normally don't even let guys hold my hand on a first date."
Pete smiled and pulled off his hoodie. I rolled over onto my side, staring out the window. Pete hesitantly put his hand on my waist. I moved back farther, and his arm encircled my waist fully.
"I'm so glad I finally got to meet you," he whispered.
"Mhm," was my reply. I really was tired now. I guess Pete took that as a good sign, because he pressed his head into the back of my neck and didn't move all night. I can't believe this is happening.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry this was lacking.....um.....more sexual context. I couldn't write that stuff even if I tied myself down to the computer chair and tried as hard as I could.
Sign up to rate and review this story