Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Where love wanders

Breaking Down

by Hellee 7 reviews

Theresa is avoiding Archie and he wants to know why

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-01 - Updated: 2006-11-01 - 787 words

1Hot
She'd been avoiding me for two days now. I couldn't blame her, what we had done was not allowed, especially since she loved Jay, and I loved Atlanta. What had brought this onto us? With three team members gone, two in hospitals, and two left at the dorm, there was nothing to do about it.

I was in the kitchen making some lunch when she walked in. She stopped dead when she saw me there, and for a second, our eyes locked. She looked away first and started out of the kitchen. I ran around the counter and into the lounge room. I grabbed her arm and turned her around.
"What's going on?" I asked her. She tried to free her arm of my grasp, but I wouldn't let go. I wanted answers. After trying to break free, she gave up and looked at me.
"What's going on? You want to know what's going on, Archie? We've done something we shouldn't have and I feel awful. Jay is in a psycho ward and thinks we're just friends. Neil is in the hospital, with a serious condition, and he thinks we're friends. Herry, Odie and Atlanta are gone, they're never coming back. They always thought we were friends.
That's what's going on in my mind, what about yours?" she yelled. I stared down at her. She was really worked up, I had never seen her so angry.

"Then why did you do it?" I dared to ask her. Tears were forming over her green eyes.
"That's the thing Archie, I don't know. For once I have no idea why I did it. I would never do something like this to Jay, never, but I have, and now there's nothing to do about it. I can't get you out of my head and it's killing me, and it doesn't help that we live in the same house. You were meant for Atlanta and I was meant for Jay, so why did I do it? Why did you do it?" she said as tears ran down her cheeks. She made me feel bad. What she said was right, I had liked Atlanta for so long, and she Jay and we had done something forbidden. She also had another point: I couldn't get her off my mind. Me thinking about the Drama Queen.

I grabbed her other wrist and she struggled against me.
"Let me go Archie! Let me go!" she screamed. She tried to hit me but had no luck. She fought against me until she was out of energy. She started crying silently and I pulled her into a hug. She cried, cried for the loss of our friends, cried for Jay and she cried for us. She sobbed quietly and then looked up at me. She knew I was sorry.
"What do we do now?" she asked me. I looked down at her, regret and sadness filling me. If our friends hadn't died or gone crazy, we wouldn't be in this situation. We wouldn't be in a tangled web of sorrow and lament. We'd be happy, how the team always was. What would they want? Would they want us to deal with it and move on? Or would the want us to mourn their deaths and not move on?

"What we can," I replied, choosing my words carefully. She looked down in thought, probably considering my reply. A few second went by and she looked up at me again.
"What about us?"
What about us? That was one question I wanted the answer to, what would we do about us?
"What do you want?" I asked her instead of replying. She looked into my eyes, before replying with three simple words.
"I want you," she said. She kissed my cheek and I let her go. She walked to the stairs and looked back at me. She smiled and then continued up the stairs.

*
Later that night, she came to my room, once again. She lay down next to me in my bed and fell asleep. All those times I had called her a Drama Queen seemed so far gone now. I never hated her, like she thought. How long was this going to continue on? What happens when we have to go back home?
Atlanta once told me Theresa never hated me, but I didn't believe her. We fought so much that people concluded we hated each other. We were both in our own worlds back then, but somehow, the deaths of our friends had brought us together, and thanks to them, we didn't hate each other.

I think that might be the last chapter, but if you think I should write more, please tell me! R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story