Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Put Your Ear to the Speaker

We're Only Good

by radioactive 3 reviews

Passed out? Oh.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-02 - Updated: 2006-11-03 - 771 words

0Unrated
"Is she doing a-okay this morning?" Pete.

"For the most part...signs show she should be regaining consciousness soon. She didn't respond to anything after you left her here last night, but we can hear her breathing." Someone.

"Well, is that okay?" Jeffrey.

"Yes, I think she should be okay." The other voice. Female? Who was she?

"So, when she wakes up, can she leave?" Pete.

"Yes, I believe so. Nothing serious seems to be wrong. The hospital should release her as soon as she wakes up." That voice again...the nurse? She didn't sound official enough to be an actual doctor.

Ow. Your head hurt as you tried to take in the information and sounds around you. Not working. You blinked. In between blinks, you realized you were not at your apartment complex OR the tour bus. Then where the heck were you?

"What happened?" you muttered under your breath (you thought to yourself), but you heard Jeffrey's voice say to someone else, "I think she said something!"

"Kathleen?"

"Mm," you mumble. You open your eyes and squint. Bright lights poured into the what looked like a hospital room, thanks to the open windows and the bright sunshine pouring through them. Somewhere in the distance, you heard classical music and frowned in distaste.

"Kathleen?"

"What?" you ask softly, looking up at Pete. Jeffrey stood next to him, and the nurse stood next to him, looking at you in anticipation.

"Why are you all staring at me?" you ask, earning a soft laugh from Jeffrey. Pete glanced at him, then away and rolled his eyes so he couldn't see.

"You passed out, honey," the nurse said. She was about thirty-five, with brunette hair that was tied back in a ponytail. She was pretty short. "Are you feeling fine?"

"Yes," you say a bit stronger. Jeffrey leaned over and kissed your forehead. "Good. I was so worried about you," he said, standing back up.

Pete rolled his eyes again. It was all you could do to keep from laughing.

As the room came into focus again, Pete and Jeffrey talked to the nurse, both of the males rolling their eyes an awful lot, you thought. You tried to take in the information and set it before you, like a story book.

Jeffrey and Pete had gotten into a fight-over you. That was very cool.

Pete had asked you if you wanted to go to LA and stay in an apartment with him, and you hadn't responded verbally; just blacked out for at least nine hours. That wasn't very cool.

Did Jeffrey know? Oops. As you were wondering how he was going to feel about that, you realized the nurse was speaking to you again. You hadn't been paying attention.

"Sorry, what?"

The nurse smiled. "I was just saying how you're free to go, if you're feeling okay."

You nodded. You hated hospitals. They creeped you out. But was the after-affect going to be much better? The whole jealous boyfriend on amazing rock star?

No, probably not.

As Pete and Jeffrey escorted you down the hospital hallways and to the parking lot, it occurred to you that Pete didn't have a ride. "Did the guys head back without you?" you ask, ignoring Jeffrey's constant touching of your waist that used to make you swoon for some reason (although now you couldn't remember).

Pete shook his head. "Nah. They're over there." He pointed towards the obviously out of place bus in the center of the parking lot. "They're worried about you."

"Hey buddy, you're not the only one who's worried about her," Jeffrey snapped. Evidently, he'd been holding his anger back in front of the oh-so-kind nurse.

Pete spun around to face him. You could spy anger in his eyes (his oh so pretty eyes) as they bored into Jeffrey.

"Shut. Up."

Jeffrey pushed you out of the way and walked up into Pete's face. "What did you just say to me?"

You felt like shooting someone. "Can you guys cut the crap? Please?" you asked, stepping in between them again. They must have remembered what they were leaving and stopped, shooting each other silent glares until they reached the tour bus, parked next to Jeffrey's old rustic car.

They both stared at you, as though they were waiting for you to make up your mind of where you were going.

"Roxanne, are you coming?" Jeffrey asked, opening the passenger-side door for you, smiling innocently at you and ignoring Pete's glares.

You sighed.

You sat on the ground.

And as the rain fell down and washed your fears away, no one spoke at all.
Sign up to rate and review this story