Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Put Your Ear to the Speaker

But We're the Best

by radioactive 1 review

After nearly avoiding a fight, what's next on the agenda? Does someone get killed now?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-28 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 480 words

0Unrated
You look at Jeffrey, who has a huge glare on his face, his eyes squinty.

You look at Pete, who is biting his lip nervously and trying to brush the hair out of his face.

You sigh. "Jeff. Go inside," you order, and without a complaint he does as he's told. You turn to face Pete.

"I'm sorry," he said, shuffling his Converse-clad feet. He looked up at you, taking his eyes off his shoes, and winced, as though he was expecting you to slap him as well.

You try to hold back your smile, but it lets loose anyway. "Don't look at me like that, please, you're making me feel bad." You give him a kiss on the cheek and glance behind you to make sure Jeffrey wasn't on your shoulder.

Pete looks you in the eye. "What happened?"

You sigh and as he listens intently, you fill him in on the thirty minute space of time from when he left to when he showed up again. When you're done, he sinks to his knees, hugging them in the warm wind. You sink down next to him and rest your head on his shoulder.

After a long, awkward silence, you drop your feet (you'd been hugging them as well) and whispered in Pete's ear.

"I love you."

"I love you more," he whispered back, pulling you into his arms. They were oh so warm, you thought as you put your head to his chest.

And you can't be close enough unless I'm feeling your heartbeat...

You lifted your head and kissed him. He hugged you tighter and pulled you into a deeper kiss. It felt like you were melting in his embrace. As you both pulled away for air, you sighed.

"I don't know what to do about Jeffrey."

Pete frowned at his feet, as though he were trying to make them sprout wings. He then looked up at you all of a sudden.

"I've got it!" he said, sounding proud of himself. "Come back to Chicago with me and the guys! We have to go back, and I just bought an apartment in LA. You can stay with me until you work something out with the ass," he said, jerking his head towards the front door.

You blinked at him. Move to LA? Just get up and leave Florida, your lifeline, where everything was?

Pete studied you, his face falling. "You don't want to go," he said, biting the inside of his cheek.

How do you tell the guy you love you don't want to move to LA and stay in an apartment with him?

Worse of all, how do you tell the guy you used to love you hate him when he seems to still love you?

And the next thing you knew, the lights went out and the last thing you heard was screams for "Kathleen!"
Sign up to rate and review this story