Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

Where is our son?

by ernie_the_leprechaun 3 reviews

Parents can be oblivious, but they never stay that way forever. Sooner or later, they're bound to discover your secrets, especially when you're a teenage hero destined to save the world from a phyc...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-04 - 943 words

1Exciting
The scene was a routine thing to its characters, but an on-looker would see an unusual sight, a fierce battle coming to a close. On one side of the vacant lot stood an imposing male figure, with firey eyes blazing in anger at his plan's defeat. Behind him stood numerous creatures, giants that could have easily grounded the group of children the opposed into the ground. If those children hadn't have been the descendents of Greek heroes, that is.

This group of children, or teenagers if you prefer, were on the other side of the lot, battle stance not a bit wearied from the scrimmage with the horrible creatures moments before. Five males and two females all held various weapons in a ready position, and one of the males stepped forward slightly, calling to the man facing him.

"Give up, Cronus! You know we won't!"

In response, the man just laughed, a cold, heartless laugh that would send slivers up any on-lookers spine, but not the seven heroes'.

"Oh, I doubt that, Jay, doubt that very much indeed. You won't have to give up, because you won't have a choice." Suddenly there was a flash of light, and everything went black.

~~~*~

"No," shouted Jay, waking up suddenly. A cold sweat had formed on his forehead, the dream was so real, Jay had almost hoped that he and the team had finally defeated Cronus. But no matter how close they got, Cronus managed to escape them time after time. This fustrated all of them, Jay knew. He himself had spent hours trying to figure out how every plan was flawed, so that the mistakes were not repeated. Nothing seemed to work, but they were not about to give up.

Jay sighed, and peered at his alarm clock. One a.m. on a Friday night, and Jay couldn't fall back asleep. He decided to get a glass of water before attemping to.

~~~*~

"Theresa, what are you doing up?" Jay asked as he entered the kitchen, only to find a beautiful red headed member of his team. Jay had been taken by Theresa's looks and personality since they had met, and was still working up the courage to ask her out.

"I was on the computer, but got tired. So I'm getting a drink before bed." Theresa answered brightly, glad to see her friend before bed. Not that she would admit her feelings for him, she was too shy for that. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"Bad dream, couldn't fall back asleep." He answered, grabbing a glass from the cupboard, and moving to the tap to fill it. He was thinking about this opportunity to ask Theresa out, when her voice broke his thoughts.

"Hey, Jay?"

"Yeah," he replied, turning to face her.

"Do you ever think our parents would like to know what we were doing? I mean, we can't tell them for security, and we wouldn't be able to tell them everything anyway, but shouldn't they at least know where we are?"

Jay thought for a minute. He knew that the Gods had told all their parents different stories to cover their children's sudden absence, and with just reason too. But, Jay thought, was secrecy that safe? If Cronus could track the teens down, couldn't he know where their parents were too.

As if reading her thoughts, which she very well could have been, Theresa said, "I mean, look what happened to Herry's grandmother. She was kidnapped by Cronus. Isn't there danger ours, or the others, parents will be attacked too?"

"There's always the possibility, I guess," said Jay slowly. Theresa looked worry, and the boy was quick to spot it. He drew her into a hug. "Don't worry. If there was anything to worry about, the Gods would let us tell them. I'm sure they'll be fine."

~~~*~

Quite a ways away from the pair in the kitchen, a mother was sitting on the couch in her living room, watching the end of a show before turning in for the night. She found it hard to concentrate on the show however, when there was so much on her mind.

Mrs. Emeres was worried. Specifically, about her teenage son, Jay. Not too long before, a man claiming to be a NASA representative had come to their home, explaining that Jay was to be trained as an astronaut. She had hardly dared to believe what she was hearing, but Jay had packed his things and left to finish his schooling, apparently at NASA.

But Mrs. Emeres didn't really believe it. Like her son, she was an intellect, and knew there were too many loop holes in this story for it to be true. For starters, Jay was 17, he had just gotten his full liscense, and was not about to fly a rocketship into space. Secondly, this wasn't the type of decision made overnight, Jay would have had to think this through thoroughly, made inquires. But this was the first she had heard anything about it. This was not like her Jay at all.

Mrs. Emeres knew that her son wouldn't lie to her by choice. She was fustrated that she didn't know where he was. At least, she mused, I know he is alright, because he had called her from time to time to tell her so. But it was always on his cell phone, so she couldn't track the location.

Where is my son? What is he doing that is so secret, he cannot tell his own mother? When can I have him back home? Thoughts like this filtering through her head, Mrs. Emeres turned the television off, and went to her bedroom for bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story