Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ABC's Of Growing Up

Since When Are Flat Tires A Good Thing?

by danceislife 1 review

Maddie is traveling to Los Angeles by way of Las Vegas. What happens when her tires blow in the middle of the desert? Why, the boys of Panic! at the Disco come to her rescue.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 863 words

0Unrated
Maddie's POV:

"Damn!" I said, inspecting my car's tire. Yep, it was punctured. Worst part was, I didn't have a spare with me. I pulled out my cell phone. I punched in my brother's number, hoping he could find a way for me to get out of this mess. I stood up to look for something that would tell me where I was. Nothing. Typical since I was in Utah. I heard beeping from my phone.

"No!" I screamed in frustration. I had needed to replace my cell phone for a while now. Everything was crashing down and it was not a good sign. I was on my way to visit my brother in Los Angeles, but I was making a stop in Las Vegas for a few days, hoping to do a college visit. A year into college, I still didn't know what I wanted to be.

It was getting dark, and starting to rain a little. There wasn't anything I could do, so I got back into my car. My dog, a boxer named Avie stood up and became alert when I closed the door. I was also an AKC dog breeder with a few of my friends, and I couldn't leave without taking at least one with me. At 4 years old, she had won her fair share of events. However, she was also an excellent guard dog, knowing commands similar to a police K-9 unit. I was especially glad to have her along on this empty road. The night was beginning to feel like something off of a CSI episode. Being so close to Vegas didn't help either. I shivered even though it wasn't cold. After locking the doors, I pulled out a map to try and figure out where I was. From the looks of it, I was close to Bloomington, but I knew that I should have gotten something better than Mapquest for directions.

Avie jumped into the front seat and put her head in my lap, looking up at me with sad eyes. "Okay," I said, "I'll take you out." I put on her leash and grabed some flares to put around the car. Maybe someone could help me. Hopefully someone who wasn't too creepy. I set the flares and Avie relieved herself on the side of the road. I pulled out food for both her and myself, and turned on my car's CD player. All my friends had made me CD mixes before I left, and I was on my second round through them.

I was beginning to set up a sort of bed in the back of the car when I saw headlights coming. The vehicle began to slow down. It stopped and the window rolled down.

"Do you need any help?" a guy around twenty five asked from the passenger seat. It was a dark commercial like van. There were people in the back. "Shit!" I said to myself. I could take maybe two, but I was in serious trouble. Avie was already beginning to growl.

"Um, actually, do you have a cell phone I could borrow?" I asked, trying to avoid the fact that I had no way to get out of here.

"Sure" the guy answered. He turned around in his seat to ask the people in the back. Suddenly, the back door openned and several guys got out of the back. They must have seen my uneasy look, and one stepped forward, cell phone in hand.

"Here, you can use mine. I'm Spencer" he said, shaking my hand and handing me his cell phone.

"Thanks" I said, still a little uneasy. Avie was looking at me for a command of whether to attack or be friendly. I decided to play things nice for the moment. The guys that appeared were all fairly skinny, and looked tired as well. "Platz!" I said, the command for down. She immediately became friendly, wagging her tail.

"Do you mind dogs?" I asked, dialing my brother's number.

"No, actually I love them," he said, putting his hand infront of Avie. The other boys came up too, and she ran about among them, enjoying the attention.

"Attention whore," I said, laughing.

My brother picked up on the other end, and I explained my perdicament, leaving out how many people were there. He tended to overworry, and right now he didn't need to. He explained to me that I wasn't too far from my Vegas destination, and he gave me the number of a taxi company.

"Excuse me?" one of the other guys asked when I had hung up. "Do you need a ride? I know it might be weird, being picked up by a bunch of guys in the middle of nowhere, but I can promise you we wont harm you in any way."

I contemplated the odds. Sure, this might come back to haunt me, but I figured, right now, might as well. I didn't exactly have a whole lot of extra cash for a cab, let alone getting my car fixed.

"Actually, that would be really great. You don't mind if my dog comes along too, do you?" I asked, handing Spencer back his phone.
Sign up to rate and review this story