Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ABC's Of Growing Up

There's No Need To Be Shy

by danceislife 0 reviews

A car ride...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 609 words

0Unrated
RYAN'S POV:
I blurt out the question without even asking the guys. Sure we could take her into Vegas. Why not? We were heading there ourselves. We couldn't just leave her there. She didn't seem to know who we were anyway. It was a little refreshing as well. Plus, maybe it was because I hadn't had female interaction in a while, but she was pretty.

MADDIE'S POV:
"I'm Brendon," a dark haired boy with a nice grin stated, "And I say we would be honored to take you to Vegas."

I laughed. "I'm Maddie, and this is Avie" I said. Apon hearing her name, Avie ran to my side and sat, wagging her tail.

"Well, you've already met Spencer, and myself," he said. "This is Zach," he said pointing to the guy from the front seat. He had exited the car and was huge! He looked nice though.

"This is Jon," pointing to another dark haired guy who looked like he needed a nap. "And James" he pointed to the driver. He was an older gentleman, going a little grey around the sides. He smiled and waved from the driver's seat.

"And last but not least, this is Ryan," he said as the guy who asked me to join them stepped forward with a raise of his hand. He blushed slightly, but then again, it was getting a little warm. He seemed shy, yet he was the one who invited me to join them.

"So, shall we get out of here?" Brendon said, turning back to me.

"Let me grab my stuff, okay?" I said. Zach walked over, picked up my suitcase from the trunk and put it into the van like it was nothing, all the while me looking surprised. The guys laughed. I grabbed my purse took a seat in the back with Avie. She had made herself right at home, curling up on the seat and closing her eyes. The other guys had piled in, and James started the van in the direction they came from.

"So, what are you doing out here?" Brendon asked. "Are you from here?"

I laughed. "Long story short, the most recent place I've lived was in Ireland. Taking classes and living with my grandmother," I said, amused as everyone looked at me. Ryan's jaw seemed to drop a little.

"I never would have guessed, but the red hair-" Brendon said.

"Yeah, I'm half Irish, half Czech. I'm really into my heritage," I replied. "I'm actually going to Los Angeles by way of Las Vegas. I wanted to check out the University of Nevada."

"R-really?" Ryan stammered. "I w-went to sc-school there for a-a semester," he was definitely the shy one. Brendon grinned at Ryan's efforts and his reddening cheeks.

"Are you serious?! Is it a good school?" I asked.

"Depends on what you are going for," he answered a little more easily this time.

"Well, if I went there, it would be for dance. But I'm also looking at Vet school, or Egyptology," I said, waiting for the typical response.

"Egypt-what?!" Brendon and Spencer asked. Yep, there it was.

"Study of Egypt, right?" Ryan said. For someone so shy, he seemed to be dominating this conversation. Brendon and Spencer both gave him strange looks. "What? -ology means study of, and Egypt, well, that should be self explainitory."

I was impressed. "I want to go on digs and look for mummies and stuff. What can I say" as they all looked at me for a response. "I like it dirty." They all looked shocked again, but only for a moment. They settled into an easy laughter and I began to relax.
Sign up to rate and review this story