Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ABC's Of Growing Up

Secrets

by danceislife 1 review

Just who are these boys that have picked Maddie up?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 650 words

0Unrated
*Maddie's POV*
"So what other interesting things can you tell us?" Jon asked.

"Not that Ireland isn't pretty damn interesting," Spencer added.

"Oh wow," I started. What could I say? I figured hey, why not the usual? "I show dogs. That's what Avie is. I've also showed llamas."

The van burst out in laughter.

"Are you serious?" Brendon asked inbetween boughts of laughter.

"Yep. I grew up in the midwest. The whole farm thing. I've also done a few quote unquote beauty pageants. Gosh, what other strange things have I done?" I stated. "I promise I'm not all that interesting. Tell me about yourselves," I added.

"Jon's gay!" Brendon burst out. Everyone laughed, and Jon just shook his head.

"He's not, but Brendon usually says that about someone." Ryan explained. Brendon just grinned.

"What are you guys doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" I asked. The van fell silent as the guys all looked at each other.

"Er, well" Spencer started.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" Brendon asked, in a very serious tone. I shrugged off the subject change.

"Music is my first love. I love all kinds of music. I don't think I could pick a favorite." I replied honestly. They all exchanged looks again.

"Have you heard of Panic! at the Disco?" Zach asked.

"Actually I think I heard something by them before I left for Ireland. It's not exactly the most music forward nation, especially in the country. Wait, I'm pretty sure my friend Mike mentioned going to one of thier concerts. He's always going to concerts though, so I could be wrong," I responded.

The van was again silent. They all looked at each other, seeming to send secret messages to each other.

"Guys, she seems cool. She's not going to flip," Spencer said after a while.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Um, how do I put this," Brendon started.

"We're Panic! at the Disco," Jon finished. Silence filled the van, waiting for a response.

"What do you want me to say?" I said, staring blankly at them. "Are you really famous or something?"

The van erupted in laughter again.

"Um, we're sort of a big deal," Jon said. "We fucking won Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs."

I felt dumb. I vaguely remembered a song, but apparently they were a big deal. I had missed a lot living abroad.

"Wait, so you were afraid I was going to be one of those crazy teenage girls, throwing themselves at you?" I asked as I began to piece the previous event together. "I've barely even heard of you! Sorry boys, but I don't want to have your children." This was met with even more laughter.

"Aww why not?" Brendon smirked. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well, we should be in Vegas in about half an hour," James announced.

"Are you sure you'll be okay in a hotel?" Ryan asked. He was always concerned about me. It was nice having someone watch out for me. My brother would be glad for that.

"It wont be for too long. My brother said he would pick me up in two days anyway. Could you recommend a decent one that wont cost me my college tuition?" I replied.

"Don't do that!" Brendon said. He was beginning to bounce around like a little kid. "You can stay with us!"

Spencer, Jon, Ryan and Brendon turned back to see what I would say.

"You've done so much for me already. Are you sure you don't mind?" I asked. Then I remembered the sleeping dog next to me. "What about Avie? I couldn't ask-"

"We've got a yard, and the house is messy enough with four guys." Spencer cut me off. "That's not a good enough excuse. We're all intrigued because you have never heard of us. It's refreshing."

I laughed. Today was turning out better than expected...
Sign up to rate and review this story