Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Control Myself

Sunday Morning

by L-and-M 0 reviews

Sometimes, we suprise ourselves with our own power...a murder, a kidnapping, and a search-and-rescue they will never forget [not a romance fic]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2006-11-05 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 501 words

0Unrated
hey everyone...it's L this time! we hope that you are enjoying our story so far...if people like this story, we'll post the sequel(s) that is/are in the writing process!

_________________________________________________________________



Uzumaki Naruto yawned loudly. "Kakashi-sensei is late again!"

Genin team 7 was sitting on the training ground near the KIA stone, waiting for their sensei.

"He's always late, stupid," Haruno Sakura scoffed. "Right, Sasuke-kun?"

Uchiha Sasuke sat on a boulder, glaring off into the morning sky, completely ignoring her.

It was early morning, and Hatake Kakashi was as late as usual.

Several hours passed by without a sign of Kakashi. Naruto was lying down on the grass next to Sakura. Sasuke had found a way to amuse him self by plucking pieces of grass and crushing them between his fingers, pretending that each of them was Itachi.

At about eleven o'clock, a puff of smoke erupted in front of the genin. Hatake Kakashi stepped out and waved to his students. "Hello! Sorry that I'm late! It all started when I noticed that a certain bird was sitting on my windowsill and I-"

Sakura cut him off. "We don't need to hear it!"

Naruto sat up. "Kakashi-sensei, you wanted to tell us something, right? Is it about a new mission?"

"No," Kakashi replied flatly. "It's actually about some training you will receive."

"Training?" Sakura asked. Sasuke's attention shifted over to Kakashi.

"Kenjutsu, sword arts training," Kakashi smiled under his mask.

"Uh, ok." Sakura replied. She couldn't remember the last time she used a sword. "So why did we have to come out here just to hear that?"

"Because I'm not the one who will be training you in kenjutsu." Kakashi said.

"Then who will?" Sasuke asked.

"A certain person I know," Kakashi replied. "A person from Akira."

"Akira?" Naruto looked confused. "Where's that?"

"Stupid!" Sakura exclaimed. "Don't tell me you've never heard of Akira!"

"Akira is a city," Sasuke said. "Actually, it's a colony; a colony of Konoha. It's located in the mountains north of here. Akira also trains shinobi there, but it is famous for the Hyouken Academy, a dojo completely devoted to the education of elite swordsmen."

"Exactly," Kakashi added. "And because of that, the person I'm inviting is a graduate of the Hyouken Academy. Who else could do a better job teaching kenjutsu than a graduate of the most famed sword school in the world?"

"I guess you're right." Naruto said.

"I know," Kakashi said. "That's it for now. Go home, eat well, and get lots of sleep." He vanished in another puff of smoke before his students could reply.

Sasuke was the first to silently leave. Sakura noticed him and followed after, trying to start a conversation with him.

Naruto flopped back in the grass again. I wonder what he will be like. He thought of his soon-to-come 'substitute' sensei. I hope he's not always late like Kakashi-sensei. A huge grin spread across Naruto's face. He jumped to his feet, and ran after Sasuke and Sakura.
Sign up to rate and review this story