Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Control Myself

99 Red Balloons

by L-and-M 0 reviews

Sometimes, we suprise ourselves with our own power...a murder, a kidnapping, and a search-and-rescue they will never forget [not a romance fic]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2006-11-05 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 674 words

0Unrated
Hi, it's M again! I just want to fill you in with the technical stuff in the making of Control Myself. Me and L spent a lot of time researching, drafting, editing and finalizing all non-cannon themes, characters and places in this fic. Many of the non-cannon characters are based off of real historical figures and some of them may be named after them. So please, if it's not too much to ask, pay attention to the details in our story, because me and L worked for a long time to make them accurate. L did the majority of the research so please make her efforts worth it!

P.S.- did anyone notice that me and L like to name the chapter titles and main titles of our story after songs? :)


_________________________________________________________________



The next morning was normal for the three genin. Get up, brush teeth, shower, change, eat breakfast and head down to the training grounds. And on every normal day, Kakashi was sure to be late.

Hours passed while the team waited for their sensei. After a while, they heard a rustle in the bushes behind them.

Kakashi stepped out accompanied by a kunoichi, holding a long case and a cube parcel in her hands.

"Hey," Kakashi said. "Sorry we're late."

Naruto sighed. "Of course."

Kakashi turned to the kunoichi. "Don't just stand there, say something."

The kunoichi looked about 16 or 17. She had medium brown tied in a high ponytail. Her clothes were simple and a Konoha hitai-ate was on her forehead. A katana was slung across her back and a kunai holster was on her left leg.

"Hi," she said as she placed the long case and cube parcel down on the ground. "My name is Yamazaki Tomoe. However, feel free to call me Rikaku, it's the name most people know me by."

"Isn't Rikaku a boy's name?" Naruto squinted.

Rikaku shrugged. "Yeah, but it's just a nickname after all."

The team of genin was slightly surprised to see that their instructor was a girl. She was a very simple looking girl.

Rikaku's gray eyes moved from one genin to another. "I'm afraid I do not know you're names."

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto!" Naruto exclaimed. "And I'm the guys who's gonna be the next Hokage!"

"My name is Haruno Sakura," Sakura said blankly.

"I'm Uchiha Sasuke," Sasuke muttered.

"Very good, very good." Rikaku said softly after introductions were made. "Now, onto the reason I came here. On a scale of 1 to ten, tell me how comfortable you are with a sword. Be honest, it will help me to help you better."

"Uh...maybe a seven," Naruto thought for a moment before answering.

"Six, I guess," Sakura said timidly.

"Nine," Sasuke replied bluntly.

Show off! Naruto thought. He's probably more like a 'one' or a 'negative twenty!'

"Sounds good," Rikaku said. She knelt down next to the long case. "I'm glad we all have an understanding about swords." She unzipped the long case and pulled out three wooden practice swords. She tossed one to each genin before pulling out another one for herself.

"To be honest, I'm not a good of a teacher as Kakashi-san is," Rikaku said. "So I'll be needing some help from you guys, okay?"

Naruto nodded. "Kakashi isn't a good teacher at all."

Kakashi heaved a breath.

The corner of Rikaku's mouth twitched up for a moment. "Can you tell a bit of what you all know?"

"Basic combat," Sakura said. "You know, blocking, slashing, all that kind of stuff."

"So do you know any real moves?"

They all shook their heads.

"They never taught us that stuff in the Ninja Academy." Sakura explained.

Rikaku frowned. "I see. That academy doesn't seem to be teaching anything good nowadays." She paused. "So to better test what you know, how about we do some quick spars?"

The team didn't reply.

"You can either spar with a team mate, or with me, whichever you choose," Rikaku offered. "Okay?"

Naruto had already decided his sparring partner; Sasuke.

"So," Rikaku said. "Who wants to go first?"
Sign up to rate and review this story