Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Control Myself

Barroom Heroes

by L-and-M 0 reviews

Sometimes, we suprise ourselves with our own power...a murder, a kidnapping, and a search-and-rescue they will never forget [not a romance fic]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-07 - Updated: 2006-11-07 - 503 words

0Unrated
Woohoo! It's L this time! Thanks for reading, guys!

If you know the song and band that this chapter is named after...you get a cookie!
Naruto opened his mouth to yell out, but Sakura beat him to it.
_________________________________________________________________



"I'll go," she said. Her green eyes were set on Rikaku. "I challenge you."

Rikaku nodded. She held her wooden sword at the position of seigan, the sword level with the waist, pointing upward.

Sakura darted at Rikaku, increasing speed with every step. She brought her sword up on her right.

Rikaku tilted her sword to the side, blocking Sakura's strike.

Sakura wheeled around, attacking from the left. Rikaku turned her sword 90 degrees to her right, blocking Sakura's attack once again.

Sakura bit her lip, slightly frustrated. She slashed again and again, but Rikaku blocked all of them.

"Okay," Rikaku said after a little while. "You've shown me enough, Sakura-san."

Sakura pulled back, not sure if Rikaku thought she had done a good or bad job.

"I challenge Sasuke!" Naruto called out.

Sasuke smirked. "Get ready to be humiliated."

"Very well," Rikaku replied. "Start when you're ready."

The girls moved away as the two boys got ready.

For the first time, Sasuke made the first move. He advanced at Naruto the same way Sakura had. The wood made a loud clacking sound as they collided. Sasuke pulled back a moment later and jumped high in the air.

Naruto whirled around and met Sasuke's sword with his. Sasuke dropped low and slashed at Naruto's feet. "You're over!"

Naruto jumped over the crouching Sasuke. "No!" he exclaimed when be landed behind Sasuke. He swung his sword down to Sasuke's head. "You're over!"

"Oh!" Sakura exclaimed as she shut her eyes. "I can't look!"

There was another loud crack. Sakura slowly opened her eyes.

Sasuke had pulled his sword up behind him in a vertical block against Naruto's downswing.

Sakura breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness." She looked up at Rikaku. She opened her mouth to speak but stopped.

Rikaku's eyes were fixed on Naruto and Sasuke. "Amazing." Rikaku said softly.

"Huh?" Sakura asked.

Rikaku pointed at the two boys. "Look again."

Sakura looked, and what she saw nearly made her jumped back.

Naruto's wooden sword was broken cleanly in half. The effect of the down swing was beaten by the block.

"Let's stop here." Rikaku said. "I've seen enough." She glanced at Kakashi, who nodded back at her.

Rikaku turned to Naruto. She handed him her practice sword. "Use this one."

Naruto exchanged his broken sword for Rikaku's.

Rikaku held the broken practice sword in her hands, examining the point where it had broken against Sasuke's block. Amazing, she thought. I've never seen anything like it. A block beating such a powerful downswing! It's almost unheard of! Rikaku glanced at Sasuke, who had a smug look on his face. Her eyes narrowed. This boy...he's just like his brother.

"Yamazaki-san?" Sakura said. "Is something wrong?"

"Hmm?" Rikaku was snapped out of her trance. "No, nothing!"
Sign up to rate and review this story