Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 13: The Map

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 5102 words

2Original
Chapter Thirteen: The Map

A great air of fear lingered in the village of Hogsmeade in recent weeks. Indeed Hogsmeade had played host to several mysterious disturbances. A dark force had kidnapped people who were unlucky to linger outside at night. People went missing for days before turning up in the middle of the village impaled on a spike with signs on their face as if they were tortured by the Cruciatus Curse until their mind broke and a lightning bolt shape burned into their forehead. The attacker did not discriminate upon their victims whether the victims were men, women, or even small children. Hogsmeade lived in fear on when this attacker would strike again. Only one distinctive pattern was certain through all of the disappearances and subsequent murders, all the victims had black hair and green eyes like a certain Boy-Who-Lived known as Harry Potter. Even through the eyes did not match Potter's exact shade of green most of the time it was almost like this killer was trying to send a message to the Boy-Who-Lived.

Bellatrix Lestrange looked at a discarded newspaper she found at the edge of a wooded area outside of Hogsmeade, her face in amusement. It seems like these attacks were only enough to be second page material but not the front page. Apparently, Fudge's revolutionary Werewolf Regulation Act made the news; it appeared to get support from most of the pureblood supremacists. Bella thought if Fudge was any denser, he should just smear himself in blood and throw himself naked into a bottomless pit full of rabid hungry werewolves during the full moon as soon as this Act got passed.

Bellatrix looked at the front page, it seemed Lucius was giving his full support for the bill. No doubt, he had his own motives, most likely lining his own pocket with even more gold. After all, the spineless coward had cried Imperius when he was captured. From what Bellatrix heard, he screamed like a little girl and begged the Ministry not to send him to Azkaban. Bellatrix shook her head; her sister Narcissa had such a poor taste in men, unless of course she only married Lucius for his money. Then Bella's opinion her sister's choice in husband would go up substantially.

Bellatrix decided to get back on task, her thirst for pain was rising and she needed someone to torture. A sadistic smirk spread across Bellatrix's face, as she saw a little girl, no older than four, maybe five, playing close to the wooded area Bellatrix was currently hiding. The girl had green eyes and long black hair, the target group for Bellatrix's fun. The insane witch raised her wand into the air.

"Silencio, Accio little girl," muttered Bellatrix, causing the little girl to fly towards Bellatrix. Lestrange prepared to put the final touch on her victim. "Alacritas Glacialis."

The last spell put the girl in suspended animation for two hours, more than enough time to have Bellatrix get her away from the location the girl was kidnapped without any trouble. Bellatrix congratulated herself on a great find on this day of hunting. Small children always screamed the loudest and the longest under the Cruciatus, which gave Bella a lot of pleasure, as she loved a good torture.

Harry felt a little better than he had recently. Ginny was back the day after she woke up, as she practically insisted she would be allowed to comeback. Also the previous night, the nightmares Harry had recently had lessened to only a couple during the entire time he was asleep and one turned around, where Harry actually got the better of his nightmare adversaries towards the end before he woke up.

Professor Lupin had returned, looking rather ill still but at least he was back on his feet. Harry decided to keep what he deduced about Lupin to himself right now. Remembering something Lupin did to back off the Dementors on the train, Harry decided to stay behind after class. After a brief discussion on what happened where Harry learned the Whomping Willow was added to Hogwarts just a couple of months before Lupin began his education, Lupin had a theory on why the Dementors were so vicious against Harry.

"I believe the reason the Dementors target you so much is because of the bad memories you have in your mind," said Lupin. "Losing your parents at such a young age is something the Dementors like to feast on, all the sorrow, the pain that goes along with it."

"I was able to slightly block them out for brief amounts of time on the train, but they just kept pouring on their attack harder," said Harry.

Lupin raised his eyebrows slightly. Remus had never heard of anything being able to block Dementors naturally, even in a mild way. The Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher was at a loss to figure out why this was occurring.

"Well, this is something I never heard of happening, but there is a first time for everything," said Lupin. "If I would be able to make a guess, it seems as if the Dementors want to attack you further due to your attempts to fight their powers. The Dementors are difficult opponents to fight in any case, as they are hard to back off."

"You did on the train, through, Professor," said Harry.

Remus sighed, he had a feeling this was coming.

"Yes I did but the spell to do so is incredibly draining and not everyone can do it," said Lupin. "This spell is especially difficult when the number of Dementors are larger."

Harry looked at Professor Lupin. Even with that infernal power block, he still had a decent amount of magical power and he had used complex bits of magic in the past.

"I need to know Professor, I don't want to get effected by these Dementors," said Harry.

Lupin looked at Harry, considering this fact for a moment before responding.

"All right Harry, but we’re going to wait after the Winter Holidays I am afraid," said Lupin looking weary. "I have much work to do, as my falling ill had become a hindrance on the workload for being the teacher of this class."

"Understood," said Harry before walking off. It would be a little bit before he could begin to learn how to defend himself against these foul creatures, but it would be worth it when he did.

A few days later, Harry was eating breakfast with Ginny, Hermione, Daphne, and Theodore while glancing over the Daily Prophet. There were times where Harry hated reading the news, it seemed to be so bad and this was no exception.

"Look at this," muttered Harry to his fellow third years and Ginny. "Another attack on a victim with black hair and green eyes in Hogsmeade."

"I think someone’s trying to send a message to you, Harry," said Theodore.

"No, what was your first clue?" asked Daphne sarcastically. "This has been going on for a couple of months now and the Ministry still does not caught any suspects."

"Fudge couldn't even catch a cold," muttered Theodore darkly.

Hermione and Ginny nodded in agreement as they looked over Harry's shoulder. Harry felt revolted, as it was a young four-year-old girl, found with signs of prolonged exposure to the Cruciatus Curse with a spike impaled through her when she was found. To top it all off, she had a lightning bolt shape burned into her forehead.

"Harry, I hope you don't somehow think this is your fault," said Hermione.

Harry just narrowed his eyes at his friend before responding.

"Innocent people are dying just because I simply exist, do you think I can't help by feel a little responsible?" asked Harry.

"Harry, this isn't your fault," replied Ginny. "You couldn't have stopped this person even if you wanted to as they sound dangerous and a bit disturbed if you ask me."

Harry read over the article again. Something felt familiar about the method of attacks this person used and it seemed to match up with the method of attacks that Bellatrix Lestrange used during her time as a Death Eater, with the exception of the profiling of the victims and the lightning bolt scar. Torturing into the mind broke and then impaling the victim on a spike before setting them out in a very public place.

"I have a sneaking suspicion I know the psychopath behind this," said Harry. "Believe me she has an ample reason to attempt to unnerve me in her own demented mind, even through I don't agree with it."

Theodore and Daphne had wide eyed looks, realizing what Harry was implying.

"Bellatrix Lestrange, it had to be her," whispered Daphne in a terrified voice.

"Harry, this isn’t good at all, she was only slightly below You-Know-Who in magical power," said Theodore.

Harry looked, if Bellatrix Lestrange was trying to do something to force him into an act of vengeance, fighting someone as dangerous as she was would be a battle that he cannot win at his current level of experience and knowledge. Harry felt he only survived the last time they met in Knockturn Alley because Bellatrix did not he was Harry Potter and she seemed to be more unhinged due to recently escaping from Azkaban.

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle walked up to Harry and his friends at that moment. Harry's paper was snatched out of his hand by Malfoy who read it with a sneer on his feet.

"I'd hate to be someone who has black hair and green eyes right now," said Malfoy sneering at Harry. "Oh right, Potter, you aren't going to Hogsmeade because you are too terrified of the Dementors. So you're safe."

Harry looked at Malfoy. He wondered if should dirty his double-edged sword by ripping out Malfoy's voice box with it.

"What's the matter Potter, not the hero that everything thinks you are?" goaded Malfoy.

Harry raised his hand but Ginny grabbed his arm.

"He's not worth it Harry, just let it be," said Ginny in a calm voice.

"What's this Potter, letting the little Weasley whore do all your fighting for you now," said Malfoy in a low voice.

"Seen any Basilisks lately Malfoy," said Ginny in a low voice which caused Malfoy to back off. Getting petrified by the Basilisk controlled by Ginny when the Dark Lord possessed her was still a sore spot for him.

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle walked off, as Malfoy seemed a bit terrified. Ginny looked, it seemed no one was able to keep Malfoy in line but Harry due to Malfoy's fear of her friend. Now it seems that Malfoy seemed a bit terrified of Ginny and if she had to admit, ever since she woke up from her Dumbledore induced injuries Ginny felt like she had a calmer more intimidating presence. Maybe a bit of this occurance was due to spending so much time with Harry recently and some of his personality was starting to rub off on Ginny.

Harry was really glad Ginny was back, as she had the ability to keep his urge to kill Malfoy for his stupidity in check. Malfoy seemed to hate Harry more these days and Harry knew exactly why this was. The first year Slytherins this year looked to Harry more as someone they could trust more than Malfoy and his fellow pureblood supremacists. The old guard seemed to be slowly crumbling out from underneath the Slytherin house, as the pureblooded ideals that shaped the house for many years were slowly fading. Harry felt this would take many years to completely take shape but he had accidentally stumbled upon something great. The hatred between the Slytherin and Gryffindor houses had fueled the first war with Voldemort. The prejudice many Slytherins were shown drove a good majority to serve Voldemort.

Later that night, Harry managed to survive another Quidditch practice with Flint, although he was at a loss how. He had borrowed one of school brooms, until he had a chance to purchase a new one, a course of action he planned to take after the Holidays. At this moment, he was assisting Ginny at getting caught up with the homework she missed due to being out for two months. Set out in front of him, was his copies of many of the same assignments he had the previous year. The only class that really changed was Defense Against the Dark Arts but this seemed to be Ginny's best subject so she did not need too much help with it.

"There Ginny, all your work from September appears to be all in order," said Harry, yawning slightly. It only took three days but they managed to accomplish getting a month's work of homework completed. Hermione helped Ginny a little bit but she could not help for too long due to her own massive class schedule.

"Thanks, Harry," said Ginny gratefully. She did not really want to repeat a year and Harry had been a great help. Of course, she could think of no one better for the job as Harry was one of the top students of his year.

Harry just gave a feeble smile. Two hours of sleep a night, that was just all he been getting since had getting since he been helping Ginny catch up on everything she missed. When Ginny decided to go to sleep, he started on his Homework and sometimes he was up until three thirty, four o' clock in the morning doing that.

Still, as Harry showed Ginny the wand movement for one of the new charms her year learned when she was out; he would not fail her again. Harry felt he should have insisted on going with Ginny during her meeting with Dumbledore. If he did, he had a feeling Dumbledore would not have dared to try anything like he did. Harry knew it would be hard to convince people of Dumbledore's true nature and that is why he was waiting to slowly gain more influence within the Wizarding World before attempting to bring attention to this fact. Changing the long held beliefs held by the public of the Wizarding World would not be an overnight happening and Harry felt a lot of long hard work would be at hand before he could accomplish anything.

In anything, leaving Dumbledore had too much influence and Harry needed to slowly pull that influence out from underneath the old man without revealing his hand. Harry expected pretty much anything from Dumbledore should he be backed into a corner just a little bit so Harry prepared for the worst. Dumbledore may have underestimated Harry but Harry prepared to overestimate Dumbledore's capabilities, as it was crucial for success.

Daphne, Theodore, and Hermione were at the library doing Homework in early December when Daphne decided voice something that she had been thinking about for quite some time. Since Harry wasn't there, still helping Ginny catch up with the homework she accumulated during her time at St. Mungos, she felt this would be the best time to voice it.

"Am I the only one who sees a change within the Wizarding World happening in the next few years?" asked Daphne.

"What do you mean?" asked Theodore.

"Look at this right now and try not to strain your brain, but it appears to me as if Harry is slowly gaining influence with the first and second years whether he knows it or not," said Daphne. "First it was just the Slytherins but now it expanded into the other houses slowly. If you asked any one of them who they thought the best person to lead them against You-Know-Who between Harry and Dumbledore, I bet you anything they would say Harry."

"Actually, I've noticed that to," said Hermione knowing where Daphne was getting at. "I think Harry is starting to lose some of that mythical figure aura that made him so intimidating to most when he first came into the Wizarding World. I see it everyday, younger students coming up to the hall to Harry asking him for advice, rather than for his autograph. Not just on schoolwork, but on how to resolve arguments with their friends and how to deal with a crisis with the upper year Slytherins harassing them."

"You may be onto something, Hermione," said Theodore. "Harry seems to be rather approachable now and less intimidating then he was before, especially since Ginny got out of St. Mungos."

"Just as well isn't it?" said Hermione, jotting down a part of her Muggle Studies Essay. "Harry is more identifiable as the leader of the light than Dumbledore is."

"I agree, Harry isn't a hundred and thirty years older than most of us," said Theodore.

"Maybe older, who knows what Dumbledore's been doing over the years to cheat death," said Daphne. "I mean, Witches and Wizards may live longer than Muggles but the average life expectancy for Magical people is only a hundred and ten years."

Hermione looked thoughtful, as that last conversation gave her something to think about. Harry seemed to be gaining people who would follow him anywhere, even if Harry would never ask them to. In a few years, Harry would most likely be the official leader of the Slytherin house, as the worst of the pureblood supremacists were in the upper years. Malfoy and his friends were just pretenders compared to the fifth, sixth, and seventh year Slytherins.

Harry and Ginny looked off as Theodore, Hermione, and Daphne went to the final Hogsmeade weekend before the Winter Holidays.

"I hate Dumbledore," muttered Harry. "No really, I really hate Dumbledore."

"Tell me something I don't know," said Ginny darkly. "He has no right preventing you from going to Hogsmeade. Why don't you just Portus-Amulet out and be done with it?"

Harry shook his head. The Portus-Amulet had been faulty ever since Riddle corrupted it with his evil during the attacks. It was slowly coming back to its once good state but Harry did not want to rely on it any more than he had to. The last thing he needed was to accidentally teleport himself to Dumbledore when he was in the shower. Harry shuddered at the very thought.

"Psst, Harry," whispered a voice behind him and Harry sprang around his wand out but he relaxed himself when he saw it was only Fred and George.

"Fred, it is almost like Harry was not happy to see us," said George with a smile.

"Indeed, George, he seems to be a bit jumpy today," said Fred.

"Anyway, Harry, enough small talk, we have a little gift that might help you with your Hogsmeade problems," said George.

"It is something we have been using for years to sneak about the castle and out of the castle," said Fred.

"Wait, Fred, I don't know if we should show this one of a kind object with our little sister here," said George, indicating Ginny. "She might decide to take a leaf out of our book and start pulling pranks using it."

"Yes, that's just what we need, another Weasley Prankster," said Fred in mock horror. "The two of us are bad enough and Harry can be really sneaky when he decides takes time off from fighting the forces of Darkness to pull a prank."

"Just show whatever you have," said Ginny irritably. "Cut the dramatics, you know I'm better at it than you two are anyway."

"Yes, Fred, George, I would like to see this magical object," said Harry. He knew this object could be of some use to him.

"Very well Harry, behold the one of a kind," said Fred.

"Simply magnificent," continued Fred

"Really extravagant," added George.

"Weapon of Pranking Destruction," said Fred pulling out a blank piece of parchment.

"A blank piece of parchment," said Harry.

"There's more isn't it," said Ginny.

"Yes, this beauty was found during one of our daily trips to Filch's office," said George.

"Picture the scene if you will," said Fred. "We were young, innocent."

"I don't think you two were ever innocent," muttered Ginny in a low voice. Her twin brothers had caused trouble for as long as she could remember.

"Well, more innocent then we are now," said Fred. "Anyway, we decided it would be great fun to drop an entire sack of dungbombs in the middle of the hallway one day."

"Filch got all mad for some reason, can't imagine why," said George. "He hauled us to his office, threatening us with the three D's. Detention, Disembowelment, and Decapitation."

"So as the story goes, we saw a drawer, marked Highly Dangerous Confiscated Objects," said Fred. "Now, we could not have left that alone very well, could we? So what do you think we done?"

"No wait, don't tell me," said Ginny in mock excitement waving her hand in the air. "You dropped another dung bomb risking life and limb to go treasure hunting through Filch's drawers."

"If I was a teacher I'd give you ten points to Slytherin," replied Fred approvingly. "In the confusion, most likely of Filch trying to kill my delightful twin with one of the chains he has hanging on his wall, I managed to swipe this."

"My theory is Filch never heard how to work it but he had a good suspicion on how it," said George. "We figured it out, do to a little trial and error. It was dead simple if you have the mind of a true prankster."

George pulled out his wand.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," said George.

Ginny and Harry looked in awe as a map slowly began to appear along with the words. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder’s Map.

Harry's mouth opened, those four sure got around. He remembered his Basic Potions for Everyday Pranks book written by people of the same names.

"These four are known by Filch," said George pointing at the map. "This one we used until last winter but it's caved it. Also, the sixth one is by the Whomping Willow, so it can't be used for obvious reasons."

"So it leaves this one," said Harry catching on.

"Indeed, the entrance is in the hump of the one eyed witch," said Fred. "So we trust you can take care of getting into Hogsmeade from here."

"Indeed but be sure to wipe the map with the words Mischief Manage or anyone can read it," said George before Fred and George walked off to join the others in Hogsmeade.

Harry and Ginny watched Fred and George leave. Ginny turned around to speak to Harry.

"So, are you going to use the map to sneak into Hogsmeade or not and more importantly can I come with?" asked Ginny with a mischievous tone of voice, the prospect of going into Hogsmeade a year early seemed very appealing to the second year Slytherin.

"Yes and perhaps, if we can overcome a few obstacles," said Harry. "Unfortunately, you don't have the ability to use Metamorphmagus abilities to alter your appearance and you would be recognized in a heartbeat. Follow me, I have an idea."

Harry and Ginny walked until they reached the Slytherin library entrance. Ginny looked at Harry, wondering what Harry was talking about as there appeared to be nothing here but a blank wall.

Harry grabbed Ginny's hand and tapped the wall before it hissed, allowing him passage. Quickly, before he was spotted, he pulled Ginny through the wall and down the stairs towards the Slytherin library.

"What is this place?" asked Ginny looking around in awe.

"This is the place where I have learned most of my extra knowledge that I cannot find within the school library," said Harry, walking up to the portrait of Salazar Slytherin himself before the door leading to the library opened.

"Wicked," muttered Ginny in an excited tone of voice. "I bet all of those books have really interesting magic that the Ministry has banned due to them thinking our minds are too fragile."

"More or less, a lot of them are not Dark Magic just very questionable to the general public," said Harry before having Ginny sit down and pulling out his book on glamour charms.

Harry worked with Ginny; this was a bit more complex to put a glamour charm on someone else than person performing it doing themselves, as a person had to channel small pieces of their own magic into the illusion for it to stick.

"This would be a lot easier if you knew the ninjitsu art of stealth," muttered Harry, putting the final touches of the magic on his friend.

Ginny heard this and remembered her interest in this skill when Harry told her about it before Dumbledore did what he did.

"Harry, maybe you can teach me that," said Ginny.

"What, Ginny?" asked Harry, hoping she did not have some sort of interest in a certain dangerous and quite difficult art to master.

"Harry, I want to learn ninjitsu," said Ginny stubbornly. "You told me it would help me focus my mind, help learn to control it, and if I am not mistaken it would prevent another thing like Tom from happening."

Harry looked at his friend; she seemed to be a lot like him when he learned about the art of Ninjitsu the first time. Stubborn and willing to learn it, no matter what the cost.

"Ginny, you realize that this is a very demanding and draining art to learn, especially at first," said Harry. "You will be learning several tactics that can be used to kill people if I agree to teach you this. And what makes you think I am even accomplished enough to do so."

"Harry, I just know you are," said Ginny. "I can handle whatever you teach me, I can do it. Also, it can help me defend myself from the attacks from others right?"

"Correct, Ginny, but..." said Harry, but he shook his head. He could somehow not find a counter argument for this. "Maybe it would be better off if..."

"Harry, you can't protect me all the time or any of your other friends for that matter," said Ginny gently.

"I can sure as hell try," muttered Harry in a dark tone of voice.

"Harry, I'm just asking you, I'm not going to force you if you don't want to," said Ginny.

Harry looked at Ginny with a thoughtful look. Daphne, Theodore, and Hermione seemed slightly disinterested about learning how to defend themselves the Muggle way but Ginny really seemed excited about the prospect of doing so and Harry did not want to disappoint his friend by saying no especially when Harry made the crucial mistake of looking into Ginny's pleading eyes. That made Harry feel bad about being so arguing so much and he decided to give in.

"Fine Ginny, I'll do it," said Harry "Just promise me that if any one of your brothers are being difficult, you won't use your new found skills to shut them up."

"Okay Harry," said Ginny. "I won't let you down, I promise."

If Harry failed to train Ginny, it wasn't going to be Ginny letting Harry down in Harry's mind; it would be the other way around in Harry's mind.

"Good news is, my little disguise method is finished," said Harry. "It will last about four hours, after that it will wear off."

Harry muttered a reflection charm and Ginny looked at herself. She now had dark brown hair and green eyes with no freckles on her face.

"Come on Ginny, we have got to move quickly," said Harry using his Metamorphmagus abilities to change his hair to light brown, shorten it, straighten it, and change his eyes to hazel.

Harry had a blast spending the whole afternoon with Ginny browsing the shops of Hogsmeade. Honeydukes was by far Harry's favorite, but perhaps due to the high quantity of chocolate there. Harry saw Daphne, Theodore, and Hermione a couple of times, but decided not to tell them of his and Ginny's presence, as it was better off for no one to know that they snuck into Hogsmeade.

The weather started to get rather chilly as they went later in the day. As Ginny had about an hour and a half before her disguise wore off, Harry decided that a quick trip to the Three Broomsticks for a drink would be in order.

"Harry, you really didn't need to buy me that Butterbeer," said Ginny. "You already spent way too much on me, judging by all the chocolate you gave me. You didn't have to buy all of that."

"I didn't have to Ginny, I wanted to," said Harry cheerfully. "Just think of it as thanks for standing by me as my friend despite me being an idiot most of time."

"Harry you're not an idiot," said Ginny shaking her head in disbelief. Her friend was so judgmental of himself at times. "And I thought helping me with catching up with all my work was the thanks for standing by you."

"Ginny, just enjoy your Butterbeer," said Harry shaking his head before looking up and seeing the Minister of Magic along with McGonagall, Hagrid, and Professor Flitwick entering the Three Broomsticks.

"Harry what's..." began Ginny before seeing what Harry looked unnerved by and her eyes going wide. "Oh wonderful."

"Act natural," muttered Harry. "Make sure we don't give them a reason to think we look suspicions."

Ginny finished her Butterbeer slowly, not to arouse any suspicion. Harry did not pay much attention to what Fudge was saying, as he felt his IQ would drop significantly if he did.

"Ready to go," said Harry looking at his watch. He had forty-five minutes to get back to the school before the illusion he put on Ginny wore off.

"Yes," said Ginny as she stood up before walking towards the door with Harry.

Harry and Ginny walked back towards the Honeydukes entrance. There was hardly anyone outside as they apparently went into the Three Broomsticks due to the bitter cold weather. Harry felt a sigh of relief, he had gone outside the school and nothing bad had happened to him today.

"Well, if it isn't two ickle teenagers out and about alone on a date without any adult supervision," cooed a mock baby voice. "I wouldn't worry about it for long, as you would not live long to regret being out without someone to save you."

Harry turned around and cursed his rotten luck. Bellatrix Lestrange was standing right behind them, wand raised into the air.

"Crucio!"
Sign up to rate and review this story