Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

This World of Ours

by darks00 3 reviews

(Round 6) Bands left in the "Forgotten Bands" Contest: Lyrics Chained My Sanctuary Virtual Reality Fallen Angels Euthansasia

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 851 words

1Exciting
Chapter 16: This World of Ours

MEGAN'S POINT OF VIEW:

We were again back stage of the Forgotten Bands contest. Joey his hitting Kenny with his drum sticks for Kenny giving him a wet-wily. Kenny kept on running from Joey, laughing. Klaus and me sighed. They can be so immature at times.

"Will all the Forgotten Band Contestants, please come to stage," We heard DJ announce.

We obeyed. We took our spots in the chair. I felt pretty confident that we were staying for another round. In the stands, I saw signs that said, "My Sanctuary is my sanctuary." or, "My Sanctuary belongs to Chained!"

Jerks. It felt nice to have a few fans. It made up for the critics. In the bottom three, was Euthanasia, Lyrics and...My Sanctuary?!

Everyone felt the tension in the air, as we took our spots. Everyone held hands. Was this the end of our dream? Does it end here?

"Euthanasia," DJ Began. "People said they didn't like how your last song was so dark. They said it was unoriginal, and expected more from you guys. The people voted...and you guys are in!"

I frowned, as Andy and Kyle, plus the band, raised their fists in the air. I had to admit it. I was jealous.

"My Sanctuary," Began DJ, but he was interrupted.

Everyone in the audience was cheering for us. Most people in the audience were chanting, "My Sanctuary! My Sanctuary!" The band and myself smiled at the encouragement. It was unbelievable. It was nice to see people like our songs that we worked so hard on.

"My Sanctuary," began DJ once again, "The audience thought that you could do better. They know you can achieve more, they just didn't feel like it was your best work. But...You guys are in!"

The audience continued chanting us on, giving me one of the best feelings I have ever felt. I felt like maybe the band's dream of being a real band with a record deal could be a reality, not just a dream.

"Lyrics," DJ said, "I'm sorry, guys. The audience just felt like it was your time to go."

There was disappointed cries from the audience as the band left. Lyrics were arguing with each other who's fault it was that they got kicked out. It was now our band's turn to play our song. I went up to the mic.

"On behalf of My Sanctuary, I would like to thank you guys...the audience. Thanks for all the signs, and everything. You have no clue how much it means to us."

I took a deep breath. Joey slapped his drumsticks together in the air, signalling us to start,


"One, two, three, four!" I shouted, pounding my fist into the air before singing.

And we all live to die another day
And I wouldn't have it any other way
For I love the danger I feel
It makes me feel real

It's like breathing for the first time
And you think everything's fine
Now seeing life in a different light
It's really quite the sight

Now you see the world for what it really is now
And realize there's nowhere to go but down
But I won't let you take me down with you
I made a new life without you, I started a new

You're making the same mistakes over again
It's driving me insane
I could save you if you listened to me
I could set you free

It's like breathing for the first time
And you think everything's fine
Now seeing life in a different light
It's really quite the sight

I will break from this illusion
I will rise from this confusion
Of what I once thought was real
I will one day forget the pain I feel

It's like breathing for the first time
And you think everything's fine
Now seeing life in a different light
It's really quite the sight

I watch this world of ours go by me
So full of greed and need
When will people ever learn?
Sooner or later they're gonna crash and burn

It's like breathing for the first time
And you think everything's fine
Now seeing it in a different light
It's really quite the sight


"Thank you, guys." I said again before leaving the stage, hearing DJ sounding like a broken record:

If you want to vote for My Sanctuary, go on forgottenbands.ca or text "forgottenbands" to 223344." He said.

The band went behind the stage.

"Kenny, your guitar sounded off today. It sounded like a cat dying." Joey jokingly said.

Kenny, knowing he was joking, pretended to be offended. "Why are you so mean to me, Joey?

Joey shrugged "innocently". "Keep your freaking finger out of your mouth and putting it in my ear. Then, I'll stop hitting you with my drum sticks. Besides, it's fun teasing you."

Kenny grabbed his guitar, and pretended to whack Joey with it against his head. Joey put up his drum sticks, and pretended to use them as swords.

"Immature," Klaus said, shacking his head while laughing.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story