Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 34

by LOVELA 17 reviews

This is it folks! THE END!!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2006-11-07 - 1510 words

2Moving
I remember waiting for another perfect day...

Patrick and I kept in touch on a regular basis after I left. He kept me informed on how the band was doing as well as Pete. Pete was surprisingly doing quite well after I left as long as I wasn't mentioned.

My mom decided to sell the house and move into an apartment in downtown Chicago being that she was never home due to her work. After hearing that news I thought it would be best to stay at school over the summers and work on campus. Pete was doing so well without me being there to crash down on his world again. Patrick mentioned at one time that it was like I had never been there.

I remember the day Patrick had called to tell me that they had been signed to a small record company. I was so proud of them. He wanted me to come to Chicago for Spring Break, but I just felt as though it wouldn't be a good idea. This was a great accomplishment for them and the last thing I wanted was to do was bring a bag of drama.

He sent me their CD in the mail and it was good, really good. I did find the lyrics to be quite brutal and I couldn't help but be whisked into my past every time I listened to it. I couldn't stop myself from listening to it, however, it was the one and only way I knew to be close to them again.

Patrick always told me that he would come visit me someday, but as the band started doing tours, someday turned to no day. Of course I was upset, but this is what they were meant to do.

Patrick was pretty good at keeping the phone calls consistent. He usually called me twice a month and we would talk for about two hours. I dropped everything when I got his phone calls. They were what kept me going those years in college. My friends at school thought I was crazy, but even though I never saw or spoke to him, Pete was still the love of my life and I needed to hear how he was.

I remember the day my whole existence came crashing down upon me. I remember it like it was like yesterday.

I was in my sophomore year at college. It was raining that day, and I had a huge paper due. I was finding it extremely difficult to concentrate, so I just stared out the window and watched the raindrops fall. I jumped a mile when I heard my phone ring, but smiled when I noticed it was Patrick.

"Trix!" I answered happily. It was silent.

"Patrick?" I asked wondering if he was there.

"Isabelle," he sighed deeply. I held my breath. He never used my full name before.

"What happened?" I asked scared. Something had to be wrong.

"It's Pete," he said quietly. I couldn't tell over the phone if he was crying or not, but is sure sounded like he was.

I stood up from my chair and put my hand over my mouth to not cry out. I hadn't even heard what had happened, but it couldn't have been good.

"What?" I finally asked.

"He's in the hospital," he said simply. I knew it was difficult for him to get the words out.

"What happened? Is he ok?" I asked now allowing my tears to fall down my face. I was pacing through my dorm refusing the urge to puke.

"He overdosed on his meds yesterday. They say he's going to be ok," he said sadly.

"Oh my god, Patrick. Why? Why would he do such a thing? Should I come there?" I started asking questions a mile a minute.

My mind was racing. Why would Pete try to hurt himself?

"Izzy, stop and listen," Patrick said sounding very calm, but I couldn't help to notice that he sounded extremely sad.

"What, Patrick?" I asked and stopped pacing.

"You can't come here," he said simply.

"Why?" I asked as my heart broke all over again. I was just starting to get the nerve to go to one of their shows. Why was he saying this now?

"Pete overdosed after he found out that you and I still talk to each other," he said quickly.

My breathing stopped. Did he just speak English, because it sounded very foreign to me.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"Pete borrowed my phone. He found your name in the recent calls list. He asked me about it, and I was honest and said that you and I still talk on occasion. Izzy, he shut down almost immediately and left. Next thing I know, I'm getting a phone call telling me he overdosed and that he was in the hospital," Patrick explained.

"Patrick, I don't understand," I was in complete shock. I felt as though the walls to my dorm were enclosing on me.

"Izzy, obviously Pete isn't well enough to have you anywhere near his life. We can't sacrifice another melt down like this again. We almost lost him," Patrick said sounding hurt.

"We can't be friends anymore?" I asked quietly. It hurt my lungs to even say it out loud.

"Don't you understand? If you and I were to keep talking and Pete found out, it could possibly kill him. I love you, Iz, but I can't loose him. He's my best friend," he said quietly.

I could tell now that he was crying as was I. I didn't know what to say. My eyes focused on the picture of the whole clan right before my graduation. I looked at Pete doing his signature grimace and then I scanned over to me sticking my tongue out to lick Patrick who had a look of shock on his face.

"Iz, are you ok?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't believe that when I say goodbye to you after this conversation it's really going to be goodbye," I said in disbelief.

"It's not forever, Iz. It's just for a while. We need to wait until things calm down a lot, and that could be a really long time. We're touring over in Europe and then coming back to the states to record again. It'll be a while," he said trying to put hope into my heart, but it was too late for that. There was no hope to be had.

"Ok, Patrick. I understand. Take care of Pete, ok?" I said wrapping up the phone conversation showing no emotion in my voice.

"I'm trying," he said laughing lightly.

"Make sure you tell Joe and Andy to give them hell, alright?" I said making sure I hit all of my bases before having to say goodbye.

"I will," he said quietly now.

"And you, Patrick. You take care of yourself. I love you," I said as my voice broke with emotion.

"I love you too," he said and I could tell that he was crying again.

"Goodbye," I whispered and hung up the phone before I could hear him cry anymore.

That was it. It was over. I was no longer in their lives.

------

It's now been close to four years since I left Patrick in the airport and close to two years since I had said goodbye to him for good. I never received another phone call from him after that day. I did get a call here and there from an unknown number, but no one ever said anything when I answered. Deep down I wanted it to be Pete, but I guess I would never find out.

Patrick sent me their newly recorded CD at the beginning of the year. It's been in my stereo from day one. I could tell from the moment I heard it, that this was going to bring them into the life of mainstream music. I couldn't have been more right. They were everywhere.

So now, I sit and I remember. I remember the numerous times I kicked Joe's ass at Mario Kart. I remember all the times that Ady and I drove Andy crazy with our giggling fits. I remember the deep conversations that I used to have with Patrick. Most of all, I remember every moment that I spent with Pete. The memories come flying back at me every time I turn on the radio or turn the channel on the TV because he is always there. And all I can do is sit there and remember.


AN: Ok everyone. This is THE END! I want to thank everyone who read and those who reviewed. I wasn't expecting to get such rave reviews, and I just want you all to know that you all RULE! I am planning on writing a sequel to this, but I have thoughts for a different story that I want to put out there first. So be patient, and maybe there is hope out there for Izzy and Pete, yet. Again, thanks!
SMOOCHES! LOVELA
Sign up to rate and review this story