Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 21: Black Revelation

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-07 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 5118 words

2Original
Chapter 21: Black Revelation

Reluctantly Harry returned to Hogwarts Sunday night, but the fact remained Master Splinter was still missing, his fate unknown. Harry's brothers would search for him but with the Battle Shell in desperate need of repairs after the battle with the Shredder, progress would be slow. The Boy-Who-Lived stubbornly refused to give up hope at all that his adoptive father remained somehow alive and safe, even through a more logical, paranoid part of Harry feared something had gone horribly wrong on that night at Foot Headquarters.

Harry's change in mood had not gone unnoticed by his closest friends in the brief moments Harry had let down his guard outside of the public eye. To Hogwarts, nothing seemed to have changed involving Harry Potter, other than the fact their appeared to be a couple of Azkaban escapees after his head. However, Harry went quiet for several minutes at a time, deep in reflection about what had went wrong on that night.

Harry was helping Ginny with homework a few days after the Foot Battle and Luna had joined them on this occasion.

"Harry, what is with you lately?" asked Ginny. "Every since you came back from New York you have been..."

"Absentminded and sorrowful," supplied Luna helpfully.

"Yes, as if something happened," said Ginny. "Harry, you know you can tell me, I won't say anything to the others if you don't want me to."

"Nor will I," said Luna.

"Okay, let me ask you a question first of all," said Harry. Luna and Ginny nodded, allowing Harry to proceed. "How would you feel if your father just vanished one day, without a trace and you didn't know if he was alive or not?"

Ginny shivered, that was not a pleasant thought at all, but Luna somehow had the presence of mind to answer.

"I would feel like it was the end of the world as I knew it and I sure wouldn't feel fine," said Luna.

"So this is what this is about Harry, your Master Splinter has vanished, but how did this happen?" asked Ginny.

"He was severely injured attempting to attack the people who did this to me," said Harry, indicating to the scar underneath his eye. "Unfortunately he was knocked out of a window and was badly injured. My brother Leonardo managed to save him, placing him on a ledge of a window to rest. After my brothers defeated the leader of this organization, they found he was gone. Who took him or how, we unfortunately do not know?"

Harry went quiet right there, as if that was the end of the concentration. The Boy Who Lived made an executive decision to tell Hermione, Daphne, and Theodore later; as due to them being his oldest friends, he felt he owed them an explanation.

"I still can't believe you did that, Hermione," said Theodore in an amused voice.

"What I can't believe is it took you that long to ditch the idiotic subject in the first place!" said Daphne in an excited voice.

"Really, what happened," said Harry in a quiet voice as he joined Daphne, Theodore, and Hermione outside during break.

It was the Monday before the big Quidditch House Cup final between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, which would be held during the weekend. Flint had confronted Harry in the hallway after Study of Ancient Runes and informed him that they had extended practice tonight, for three hours as opposed to two. Rumor had it that the Ravenclaw team was at its most impressive and Flint's ego would not let him lose what he believed to be his last Quidditch Match at Hogwarts, providing of course if Flint managed to pass his final exams this year.

"This is brilliant," said Theodore. "Hermione, fed up with one death prediction too many, decided to storm out of Trelawney's class in agitation."

"Yes, what was it, the curtain of darkness follows you everywhere, prepared to consume you?" asked Daphne in a mock cryptic voice.

Harry gave a brief chuckle, but his heart wasn't really into it. He had been in contact with his brothers and they had not made any headway on finding Splinter. As the days went on, hope kept lessening but until they found a body, whether alive or dead, the search was on.

"The old bat had it coming," said Hermione, who looked extremely tired and about five years older than she should have in the face due to the time turner. "I think she's rather disappointed, it means she needs to find a new punching bag."

Harry just nodded, remembering how everything just seemed to fall apart recently due to Splinter's disappearance and his brothers appearing to lose their sense of direction. In addition, another problem presented itself, as Hagrid's hippogriff, Buckbeak, had lost his trial. There was an appeal but Harry felt that Lucius Malfoy had manipulated the outcome towards an inevitable execution before the trial even started. And then, there was the Marauder's Map getting confiscated by Lupin when he caught Harry and Ginny coming back from another Hogsmeade trip where thankfully they did not run into Bellatrix Lestrange on this occasion. Lupin did not punish them for their little unauthorized trip, with the exception of taking the map, warning Harry of the dangers that it held. Harry had a strange feeling that Lupin knew more he was letting on about the map but Harry decided to let the matter drop, as he did not want to push his luck into getting into more trouble.

"Harry, are you listening to me?" asked Hermione as Harry jerked himself out of his thoughts.

"Yes," said Harry deceitfully. Hermione gave him a stern look, causing Harry to change his tune before Hermione blew up at him, as it was obvious Hermione was becoming more and more short tempered due to the constant use of the time turner. "No, Hermione, I have so much on my mind, it's consuming my every thought. It seems like every step on take, there is something sinister lurking."

"Harry, everyone in the first two years of the school likes you, they respect you, they look up to you," said Daphne. "So, I don't get why you are saying..."

"Daphne, he is obviously talking about his Sensei being missing and two psychopaths out of Azkaban after his blood," said Theodore. "Among other things."

"The Hippogriff being executed, Malfoy's continued existence," said Daphne. "Yeah, I get where you are going."

"Harry, I know you are upset with Master Splinter missing," said Hermione. "But sulking around isn't going to solve anything."

"Hermione, when my brothers were missing last year, the only reason I did not go to pieces because of Master Splinter and his assurances," said Harry in a cool voice. "Without him, it seems as if my entire family is falling apart. My brothers are simply not ready to deal with a crisis on this magnitude and even I am less ready than they are, so it's just a messed up no matter how you look at it."

"Harry, everything will work out," said Hermione, in an attempt to calm Harry, but this did nothing to calm Harry.

"Hermione, my bloody father is missing, so excuse me for being just a little upset!" cried Harry, raising his voice and causing Hermione, Theodore, and Daphne to cringe, as there appeared to be a frigid wind in the air, the only thing lower in temperature could be the feeling the aura of Dementors give up.

"Wow, Potter, even you could not possibly be dense enough to forget your father was killed by the Dark Lord years ago," drawled a familiar voice.

Harry spun around; it was Draco Malfoy along with Crabbe and Goyle. His simple presence was the equivalent is rubbing salt into someone†s open wounds to Harry. Daphne and Theodore exchanged uneasy looks. As Ginny was not present at this time, it appeared there would be no one to hold Harry back from smearing Malfoy all over the castle walls if he said one wrong thing to many. Filch would have a horrible mess to clean up if Malfoy did not be quiet.

"It was a great loss, that blood traitor but I am surprised even you cannot remember it, Potter," said Malfoy. Harry had his arms folded, taking a deep breath and mentally counting to ten.

"Malfoy, you idiot, if you piss Harry off this time, you may not live to see another day," hissed Daphne.

"So I'd suggest you just take your goons and take a walk," said Theodore.

Malfoy sneered before continuing to bait Harry.

"I wonder if your Mudblood mother dropped you on your head when you were an infant, Potter," said Malfoy. "I wouldn't be surprised, people of Muggle descent should not be allowed to be near children, as they are no better than animals, like that beast of that oaf of a Gamekeeper has that my father is going to make sure is going to be executed. I, Draco Malfoy, will..."

A jet of red light blasted Malfoy into the wall of the castle, causing him to hit with a sickening thud. Malfoy groaned in pain as Crabbe and Goyle rushed over to help him up.

"Harry, was that really necessary?" asked Daphne as Theodore attempted to conceal an amused smile.

"Don't look at me, I didn't blast him into that wall," said Harry.

Daphne opened her mouth but Hermione cut her off.

"I blasted the little git into the wall, so don't go blaming Harry!" said Hermione in an angry voice. "He needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut about things he does not understand."

With those words, Hermione stormed off angrily.

"Hermione's has really gone off the deep end lately," said Theodore shaking his head.

"I wonder what caused this little outburst," said Daphne.

Harry knew exactly why but it was not his place to tell about the time turner he figured out Hermione having. He just hoped his friend had the sense to turn in the object at the end of the year, as Hermione's slow descent into madness was evident due to overexposure with the time turner. Harry hated to force the issue to make his friends do anything, but he just might have to break tradition at the end of year if Hermione did not find any logic in turning in the time turner.

"Win or else," said Flint in a short tone of voice, as the Slytherin Team prepared to set out to the field for the Quidditch House Cup Final against Ravenclaw. This was for all the marbles, whomever won this match would be the Quidditch House Cup Champion.

Harry prepared to focus on looking for the snitch and nothing else as both the Ravenclaw and Slytherin teams flew into the air ready for action. Flint was correct in that the Ravenclaw chasers were good but the Slytherin chasers were prepared for this and about fifteen minutes into the game, the score was tied thirty a piece. Harry saw the snitch and shot towards it, with the Ravenclaw Seeker Cho Chang behind him but there was no way she was going to catch up to Harry, unless of course Harry would get blasted full on by two bludgers by the Ravenclaw Beaters. Harry managed to shoot up, avoiding the brunt of the contact due to the speed of his Firebolt.

"Once again Harry Potter has eluded certain death in the middle of the Quidditch Game thanks to his Firebolt," said Lee. "The Quaffle is in and Ravenclaw is ahead forty to thirty."

Flint looked about ready to throw a fit and after a quick conversation with the Slytherin Beaters, they blasted the Bludgers at the Ravenclaw Keeper, causing him to fly backwards, allowing Slytherin to score a succession of goals, bumping the score to sixty to forty in favor of Slytherin.

Harry spotted the snitch and shot up towards it. This time he would not be denied.

"Potter has seen the Snitch and Ravenclaw Seeker Chang is right behind him but is being put further and further behind due to the acceleration on Potter's Firebolt!" exclaimed Lee. "Potter nearly has the Snitch in his grasp, can he get it. Ohh tough luck!"

The Ravenclaw Beater hit a bludger and Harry had to shoot up into the air to avoid it. The Snitch disappeared once again as Flint became more and more frustrated as the game went on, seeing the Ravenclaw Chasers bump up the score to a sixty to sixty tie.

"You all better get it in gear!" barked Flint. "Potter, we need a capture of the Snitch as soon as possible. Bole, Derrick, assault the Chasers with your hardest shots, don't let them anywhere near the Quaffle."

Harry circled around the pitch and once again the Snitch was taunting him from high above. From what Harry could tell, Cho seemed to be following Harry's progress rather than searching for the Snitch on her own. With an evil grin, Harry decided to do something deceptively sneaky that would even make Flint wince at the pure evil.

Harry shot down towards the ground, pretending he saw the Snitch on the ground. Cho followed him closely.

"Potter is doing something, has he seen the Snitch on the ground?" asked Lee. "Chang is following him and Potter is going to hit the ground, destroying that priceless Firebolt if he is not careful. A fine piece of work, with its acceleration..."

"JORDAN!" barked McGonagall. "Talk about the match and not about your love for Firebolts if you please."

Harry stopped about six inches above the ground, as Slytherin managed to put another goal in, bumping the score up to seventy to sixty. Positioning his Firebolt, Harry soared seemingly towards the bottom of the goalpost as Cho followed him closely. In an instant, Harry shot up into the air before he hit the Goalpost. Looking in horror about how she was duped by a Slytherin, Cho managed to leap off the broomstick before she could crash into the goalpost. The broom was not so lucky as it hit the goalpost.

"Potter has just taken the competition out with a deceptively sneaky move," said Lee. "He now has free reign to look for the Snitch, but Flint has illegally grabbed the broomstick of Ravenclaw Chaser Henderson. A vile and sadistic..."

"JORDAN!" yelled McGonagall.

"A vicious and down right cruel..." amended Lee.

"Jordan, if you cannot commentate in an unbiased way..." began McGonagall, while leaving her threat hanging.

"All right a rather interesting play, definitely innovative," said Lee. "It allows a foul for Ravenclaw which Keeper Bletchely does not block. We are once again tied up, seventy to seventy."

Harry had free reign to look after the Snitch with the Ravenclaw Seeker out of the running but that did not help that he was being trailed by two angry looking upper year Ravenclaw Beaters. It seemed that while the third year and below had gotten the hint that Harry was not evil due to being in Slytherin, the majority of the upper years, with a few exceptions, tended to still see Harry as the personification of evil.

Fortunately, Bole and Derrick were on the job, managing to shield the Slytherin Seeker from the vicious and vile attack, blocking the Bludgers expertly before smacking them back, causing the Ravenclaw Beaters to scatter.

"Slytherin Beaters Bole and Derrick are on the job, as the Ravenclaw Beaters seem to be, pardon the expression, downright Slytherin dealing with the Slytherin Seeker Harry Potter," said Lee.

Another goal was put in by Ravenclaw, putting them up eighty to seventy as Flint seemed to be going positively insane at the talent exhibited by the Ravenclaw Chasers but Harry managed to see the Snitch floating a couple hundred feet away. He shot up into the air. Harry would not be denied the Snitch this time. His Firebolt was zooming up towards the Snitch, his hand extended outwards. Harry managed to swerve out of the way of the Bludger, before clasping his hand into the Snitch. Harry's supporters in the stands cheered and Slytherin won the Quidditch House Cup for the ninth straight year!

Flint walked up, greedily taking the Quidditch Cup and holding it up into the air like he did all the work and won the match single handily. Ginny, Daphne, Theodore, and Hermione joined Harry on the field as Harry was glaring at Flint. If it were not for his brilliant playing this season, there would be no chance in hell that Slytherin would have won that Quidditch Cup and Flint was taking all the glory.

"Harry, that was brilliant," said Ginny, hugging her friend.

"Yes, there is no way Flint could have taught you something that brilliant," said Daphne.

Harry just nodded, looking at the Quidditch House Cup and Flint's hogging of said object. He realized Flint could have the infernal cup, as the cheers from his supporters in the crowd, mostly the younger year Slytherins were enough of a victory for Harry. Plus, Flint leaving after this year regardless of how he did on his NEWTs was also a joyous celebration.

Of course, after the Quidditch Victory, Harry had to take an unfortunate trip back to reality. Exams were coming up and Harry had to force himself to focus, so he can continue keeping his grades up at an achievable rate. He had still talked to his brothers daily, but their efforts to find Master Splinter had still not been successful. Harry was beginning to fear something had dreadfully gone wrong that night at Foot Headquarters.

Of course, on the day before Exams started, Hermione received a note from Hagrid.

"Buckbeak's appeal," said Hermione to Daphne, Theodore, and Harry. "It's set for the Sixth of June."

"That is the last day of Exams," said Daphne.

"They are...oh they are bringing an executioner," said Hermione.

"What?" asked Theodore in an incredulous voice before taking the letter. "Yes, they are, Walden MacNair, quite a nasty piece of work that guy is."

"Ah yes, that nutcase that tried to kill my brothers," said Harry. "So, Lucius had screwed Hagrid over this time. I wish we could save Buckbeak but that would mean getting Hagrid in trouble and I really don't want to do anything to get him sent back to Azkaban."

A moment of uncomfortable silence, as Harry did not know what to do. He was supposed to be the savior of the Wizarding World, the leader of the light, the person who had all the answers, but while he could answer pretty much everyone else's problems, his problems continued to elude solving.

However, Harry prepared to cast everything else out of his mind, focusing on exams. Harry believed he did rather well, especially on Lupin's final exam, which appeared to be some sort of obstacle course involving all of the creatures they learned this year.

"Excellent Harry," muttered Lupin as Harry finished the obstacle course, with a smirk on his face out how he had tackled the Boggart. "Full marks, I believe."

Of course, for every good thing that happened to Harry, something bad had to happen.

"Oh this is so horrible," said Hermione in an exasperated voice, as she struggled to keep from breaking down. Daphne and Theodore were standing behind her with solemn looks on their faces.

"What?" asked Harry, who had just joined the three of them.

"Look at this," said Hermione in a shaky voice.

Harry took the note, reading it. The note was barely legible due to splotch marks from tears.

We lost. Buckbeak will be executed at Sundown. Don't come. I'd appreciate it under normal circumstances but I can't afford to have you get into trouble.

Hagrid

"Damn Malfoys," said Harry. "They will pay for this."

"Now, Harry, don't do anything stupid," said Hermione.

Harry shook his head angrily.

"Not this time, Hermione," said Harry. "I am sick and tired of letting everyone roll over me. The next person who crosses me will be sorry. Be it Malfoy, Voldemort, the Minister of Magic himself, Dumbledore, it really doesn't matter."

Harry felt the floor shaking beneath him from the outburst of emotionally charged accidental magic.

"Harry, please calm down, before you..." said Hermione.

"What's happening, what's going on?" asked Ginny, who had joined the three Slytherins and Hermione at that moment.

"Hagrid lost, Buckbeak is going to be executed, Harry wants to kill Lucius Malfoy," summarized Theodore.

"Actually, I want to kill both Lucius and Draco right about now, since it was both them that brought this headache to life," hissed Harry.

"So, you know, business as usual," said Daphne.

"Okay," said Ginny, carefully choosing her words. "So we need to visit Hagrid, even through we can't do anything."

"I agree with Ginny," said Harry in a weak voice, obviously drained from the outburst of accidental magic and mentally cursing the power blocks that Dumbledore placed on him, that he still could not figure out how to get removed. All he knew as it took someone exceptionally powerful.

"Yes, but Hagrid suggested we should not..." began Hermione.

"Since, we did we listen to what others were saying, Hermione," said Ginny. "Harry and I can go down there if you three don't want to."

"No, I'll go to keep you two out of trouble but the question is how," said Hermione. "Security is rather tight due to Black and Lestrange being on the loose."

"We can use my Invisibility Cloak," said Harry in a quiet voice.

"So, Harry, how long have you been keeping this little possession a secret," said Ginny in a calm voice.

"Two years, I believe, nearly to the day," said Harry.

"Never mind that, but can all five of us fit under that," said Daphne.

"No, I'm afraid not," said Harry regrettably. "Only three of us can go."

"Okay, well that shoots that plan in the foot," said Theodore. "So Daphne and I will cover for you three, I would suggest you be back within a couple of hours to avoid awkward questions."

Harry nodded before motioning for Hermione and Ginny to follow him, so he could get the cloak.

Late in the night, just about fifteen minutes before sundown, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny snuck out of the castle underneath the cloak.

"Ow, that was my foot, Hermione," said Ginny in a slightly raised voice.

"Sorry, Ginny, it is hard to move underneath this cloak," said Hermione.

"You two, could you keep it down just a little bit," said Harry in an irritable voice. "We are nearly at Hagrid's hut."

"Sorry," whispered Hermione and Ginny in unison as they reached the hut. Harry reached out from underneath the cloak, knocking on the door.

"Hello," said Hagrid in an uncertain voice as he opened the door, but not seeing anyone. "Who's there?"

"It's Harry, Hermione, and Ginny," whispered Harry. "We are under an invisibility cloak."

"Ya shouldn't have came," said Hagrid in a low voice, but looking grateful all the same. "I suppose you should come in, I was making a cup o' tea just now."

Ginny, Harry, and Hermione entered Hagrid's Hut, awkwardly sitting down at the table as Hagrid pulled out a milk jug, with trembling hands. He could not hold the jug steady and it slipped out of his hand, causing it to splatter on the floor.

"No, Hagrid, I'll get it," said Hermione kindly, as she saw that the gamekeeper looked rather upset.

"Where is Buckbeak anyway?" asked Harry.

"I took him outside, to smell the flowers, to feel the breath, to see the sky before..." said Hagrid before sobbing.

Hermione did not say anything as she cleaned up the spilled milk jug. Harry and Ginny exchanged uncomfortable looks, as it looked like Hagrid was going to go to pieces.

"Hagrid, did Dumbledore try to do anything?" asked Harry, for Hagrid's benefit more than his own. Harry doubted that Dumbledore would help Hagrid unless it fitted into his own agenda.

"He tried but to be honest, he has enough on his plate as it is," said Hagrid in a weak voice before turning to Hermione. "There should be another jug in the cupboard."

Hermione went through the cupboard before pulling the jug out and seeing a very peculiar sight, there appeared to be a rat clinging to the side of it.

"Ginny, Harry, look," said Hermione showing them the jar "It's Ronald's pet rat."

"So Crookshanks is not a bloody mongrel menace that should be put down after all," said Ginny as Harry nodded his head. This was the first time he saw Scabbers up close, but there seemed to be something very strange about the rat, as if Harry had seen it somewhere before and not as Ron Weasley's pet.

Harry was brought out of his thoughts by the sound of footsteps outside the door of Hagrid's hut. He looked up for a minute, cursing.

"It's Fudge, some old guy who looks to be a representative of the Department of the Disposal of Magical Creatures, MacNair, Lucius Malfoy, and Dumbledore," said Harry. "Quickly, under the cloak"

Harry threw the cloak over himself and Ginny, as Ginny held Scabbers who was frantically attempting to escape her grip as of sensing something bad was about to happen.

"Figures Lucius would be here to see the result of his son's handiwork," said Hermione darkly.

"About the only noteworthy thing Draco has done in his life," said Ginny as Scabbers struggled. "Stay still. Trust Ron to have such a mental pet."

"I'll let ya out the back way," said Hagrid, opening the back door with a trembling hand. "Now, go, you'll all be in trouble, especially you Harry due to Black an' Lestrange being on the loose."

Harry, Ginny, and Hermione walked out of Hagrid's hut with Scabbers still struggling like a mad rat. They circled around slowly, to avoid making noise, not able to hear a noise. They could hear voices from inside Hagrid's hut.

"Hagrid, Minister, if you would sign this form, please," said the representative of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures.

"We need to get out of here," muttered Harry. "C'mon, no need to witness a traumatic experience unless we can avoid it."

Ginny seemed to have trouble moving, due to her struggles in keeping Ron's rat still.

"Ginny, we need to move," said Harry. "They are coming outside, you two really should not witness this."

"I would Harry, but this rat will not be still," said Ginny. "You mangy little...oww...the little thing bit me."

Harry, Hermione, and Ginny managed to go around the hut, just as Harry could hear the sound of the axe swishing into the air and smashing into something. A cry of anger was heard but Harry could not bother paying attention. He could not bring himself to turn around. The worst had happened, it had come to pass.

"No!" whispered Harry in a horrified tone of voice.

"They didn't," said Hermione, looking rather horrified and tears began to flow down her face.

"They did," said Ginny grimly, but Scabbers had seized this distraction to shoot out of Ginny's fingers, to run away. "Fine, be that way."

Harry looked and saw a black dog following Scabbers closely. Scabbers seemed rather horrified to see the dog and gave a squeak before running into the other direction.

"This is strange," whispered Harry.

"Yeah, since when do dogs threaten rats, it's normally cats that do that kind of thing," said Ginny.

"Look," muttered Hermione, as Crookshanks appeared out of nowhere, grabbing Scabbers by the tail and dragging him off into the distance, followed quickly by the dog.

"So, what are we waiting for, let's follow them and see where they are going," said Harry.

"Harry, are you insane?" asked Hermione in a desperate voice.

"Yes," said Harry absentmindedly as Ginny loyally went with Harry, under the cover of the cloak. Hermione gave a sigh, before following the two Slytherins.

Harry threw off the cloak and saw the dog disappear below the Whomping Willow. It seemed still for a moment.

"Let's go before this murderous thing starts moving again," said Harry, expertly rolling into the hole. Ginny followed a few seconds later.

"C'mon Hermione, you can do it," said Ginny.

"I'm not as coordinate as you two," said Hermione desperately before seeing the tree beginning to come back to life. Fearfully, Hermione dove towards the hole but she was not fast enough as a branch clipped the back of her leg.

"Hermione, stay still," said Harry.

Hermione nodded, wincing as she felt tremendous pain shooting through her knee from where the branch of the tree hit.

"Ginny, pull her in on three," said Harry, motioning for Ginny to grab onto Hermione's arms. "One, Two, Three."

Ginny and Harry yanked Hermione into the hole in the tree and it was only a second too soon as the branch smashed viciously in the ground where Hermione's body had just been. If they had not timed that right, there friend would have been ripped in half by the murderous Whomping Willow.

"Hermione, are you okay?" asked Ginny with a look of concern.

"Yeah, I am fine," said Hermione, wincing in pain and blood dripping from her leg down onto the floor. She took a couple of steps forward but her leg gave out. "Just leave me here, I'll just slow you down."

"With Black and Lestrange on the loose, you must have lost it," said Ginny, who along with Harry, helped Hermione up, helping her walk.

They walked down a corridor before appearing in a room with furniture that appeared to be ripped into pieces. Harry looked around, wand at the ready with the arm he was not using to support Hermione. Ginny did the same thing, ready for an attack at a moment's notice.

"Where are we?" asked Ginny.

"This is...The Shrieking Shack," said Hermione, noticing the boards on the windows.

"Doesn't look haunted to me," said Harry before looking at the furniture. "I doubt ghosts, if there were any, do stuff like that either."

"I agree with Harry, this place is not all that it seems," said Ginny, looking around the Shrieking Shack.

Crookshanks had Scabbers cornered; it appeared the rat had run out of room. Harry looked at the shaggy black dog, which had just turned into a man. Not just any man. The two girls screamed in horror as a gaunt looking face of a man who looked like he hadn't showered in years stared at them. A fact that had been seen in the papers many times recently.

"Sirius Black," hissed Harry in an angry tone of voice.
Sign up to rate and review this story