Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Vampires Mate

Chapter 1

by syntheticlove1 8 reviews

She was lonely, about to be forced to marry the one who didnt love her, but wanted her for her title. She saw him, and knew then..he was her mate,

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-08 - Updated: 2008-08-27 - 2083 words

3Exciting
Me: Hey you guys, this is chapter 1 of this story.
I hope you guys like it, I never have written a vampire story before.
Theres only going to be two My Chemical Romance people in it.
Gerard and Frank.
I feel like I neglect everyone else, so I just will put those two in it.
They seem like more vampiric then anyone lol.
Alright well, on with the story.




_____________________________________________________________





Chapter 1


Before I even begin with my tale, please allow me to introduce myself. I am Vesper Marie Alexandra Castine. Yes, quite a mouth full. Try being my father and screaming it when I would get into trouble. I was born many years ago, my age, I do not even know. I seem to of lost count over the years. I may look 23, but I am far from it. In fact, when I go places I get carded. It really flatters me. But then, I get annoyed.
There are many people who live within this castle. My father Marcus Castine, my sister Laura Castine, our cook Molly, my chamber maid Jessica, Merrick, and myself. Every year, on All Hallow's Eve we throw a huge ball. Everyone from around the world comes and celebrates it with us at our home. My life is extremely complicated and hectic. I am my fathers successor which means that everyone looks up to me to be like him. Now, don't get me wrong, my father is a great man and extremely honorable. But at times, he can be extremely stubborn. But, hes a man after all right? He listens to me and Laura, takes our advice when he sees it fit. Of course, we don't speak out of place. We might be our fathers children, but we still know when to speak and when not too. My sister and I are extremely spoiled. We get whatever we want when we want it. We aren't cruel and we don't take our wealth for granted.
To be a vampire is to be in a family with all the other vampires. My family, my father, and my sister aren't my real family. There are women who give their babies over to vampire families. Of course they are promised eternal life as a reward. All they really see is death in the end. My fathers mate died before they had a chance to actually have children of their own. Then there was me. I grew up to be the age of twenty three, then I was turned and made into much more of the looker today then what I use to be. Long black hair with a blue tint to it, light green eyes, pale complexion, not too tall, but not too short, curves in all the right places.
Of course, I know I said that vampires aren't made, but born. In a sense they are made, bitten by their father. We do use humans for our blood supply, but never make them one of us. Its against the rules you see. Yes, we even have a set of rules, actually more like laws. We have to a bid by them or be sentenced to death. We stick by those rules because they after all , are our life line. Without those, we would be lost in a world of destruction.

Now that I have gotten your familiar with everything let me actually begin with my story.

The first time that I ever met Merrick he was introduced as a friend of the family. I made nothing of it, he was a person after all. I grew to understand he was nothing but a person who was power hunger. I had hoped to never see his face again. I was so very wrong. It was on the All Hollow's Eve ball and my father was going to name his successor. Either me or Laura was going to be chosen. Who ever was the successor would have Merrick as a husband. Don't get me wrong, Merrick was an extremely attractive man. But he wasn't mine..my mate. When I first met him, I felt nothing at all for him, but friendship. He barely even has that as it is. Laura and I both discussed this. We didn't feel anything for him at all. We weren't going to be mad at the other. Whoever Father chose, he chose. He had a plan behind it all.
That night I looked so beautiful. I had this blood red dress on that had a semi long train, it was strapless and had black diamonds along it. Yes, black diamonds. My hair was done in spiral curls as it cascaded down my back. I didn't bother with much make up besides black eyeliner and red lipstick. Laura had a matching dress almost, except hers was black with red diamonds. The dress was going to match the crown that was going to be placed on one of our heads.
As we were announced and walked down the staircase, I felt eyes on me. Then, something hit me. Someone was there that I, my body was attracted to, but I couldn't quite place them yet. I would before the night was over. We walked onto the stage like platform and stood on each side of our Father, who had the royal jewels case in front of him. Merrick was to the left of us, off kind of in the back, waiting to know who his wife was going to be.
Everyone gathered around, talking lightly until my father clapped his hands, bringing the whole place to a silence.

" Good evening everyone. Happy All Hallow's Eve to you. I hope that you will enjoy this night for the rest of your life's. Tonight, I will name one of my daughters my successor, to take my place after I am gone. I am growing old and without my wife I feel as if I have no purpose. But I have already spoken too much. Lets get on with this special..special occasion. As you all know, the Castine family as well as the West family have been trying to get together for years. We are the two strongest families and I am proud to be apart of at least one of them. Tonight, my future son in law, Merrick will take one of my daughters hands in marriage. Now, the wedding will not happen until I am gone but he will live in my castle in a separate room. My daughter will supervise under me and learn the things that she must know to survive and keep our families alive."

Everyone began to clap. Me and Laura looked at each other and smiled warmly.

" Both my daughters are strong, strong women who take after their mother. Both are extremely loyal to this family and are beautiful women. As it pains me to only name one of my daughters my successor, I have to do it. If anything should happen to the other, the one that is left will step up, taking her place. Laura, Vesper, I love you both dearly."

My father almost made me want to cry. I looked at Laura who cleaned away a black tear that fell from her eyes. Yes, we vampires cry black tears.

" The one that I will name my successor will be Vesper."

I looked around as everyone began to clap. Not me, no.. I walked over to my father and gave him a light kiss on the cheek before he pulled me into a tight and warm embrace. I saw Laura who was clapping happily, she wasn't mad or hurt, but was happy that I had gotten this title. My father pulled away from me and opened the black velvet box to pull out the crown that I was to wear at ceremonies. It was beautiful. It wasn't a huge crown. Its height was exactly 1 1/2" and about 6" in diameter. It was my mothers..this beautiful Russian Style Garland Tiara with antique rubies, as well as a antique gold metal. It looked extremely old, which is probably why I loved it so much. It had a matching Russian Style Garland Necklace with royal rubies and an antique cold metal. The earrings were the same.
As I walked to stand in front of my father I looked at Merrick. He had such a...pleasing look on his face. It made me want to vomit. This was what he had wanted all along I bet. I hate him with a passion and now I have to marry him? This is going to be horrible. As my father placed the crowd on my head, the crowd erupted into an outburst of applause and cheering.

" Now my daughter and her future husband will have their first dance."

My father walked me over to Merrick and placed my hand in his, giving us a warm smile. Merrick took me off the stage and onto the dance floor. Everyone cleared a path and bowed their heads slightly as we passed. Once we got into the middle of the floor everyone circled around us, watching as Merrick bowed ever so lightly, putting his hand out for me to accept. I curtsied lightly back and accepted it as he pulled me close. We began to slow dance and he kissed my ear gently.

" You look quite stunning tonight Vesper."
" Why thank you Merrick, you do too."
" I wanted to look special for tonight. It is after all our engagement."
" Yes."
" You do not sound pleased."
" I am very happy that my father chose me."
" But?"
" But I do not want to marry a man that I feel nothing for and who does not feel anything for me."
" Now now, you do not know that."
" Oh but I do. You only want me because of my title."
" Yes, your right. And now, I have it so its okay my dear. Just accept that and go with it."
" Yes Merrick, I will marry you. But you and I will sleep in two different bedrooms."

With that being said I pulled away and curtsied again, walking out the back and towards the cemetery. My mother was buried out here, it brought me a kind of peace. As I walked past our garden I picked a red rose and started my journey to her grave site. Once I got there I sat down and placed the red rose by her grave, not caring if my dress got dirty or not.

" Hello mother, happy All Hallows Eve. Well, father named me his successor, I'm happy. Hate it though, hate the face that I have to marry Merrick. He doesn't love me, he isn't mine. I don't know what to do. I want to make father happy, but is my sadness worth his happiness? I felt someone tonight as I was walking down the staircase. I felt as if my true love was in that room watching me. But there are so many people. How will I find him, or will he find me? Does he knows its me? Does he know that we are one in the same? If he does, how can we be together with Merrick in the way? It's impossible."
" Nothing is impossible."

My head shot up and I looked around, trying to search for the body that the voice was coming out of. I couldn't see them, but I felt it again, felt the presence of him.

" Who are you? Show yourself."
" I cannot."

His voice sounded so smooth and sweet. There was also a hint of sadness. All of a sudden my heart began to hurt, not hurt as in a way that could hurt me but in a way that a broken heart would feel like. Was he saddened by my engagement?

" Please..show me who you are, I have to know."
" I will meet you tonight my queen."
" But how will I know-"
" How will you know that it is me?"
" Yes."
" You will know my dear, I promise. By the way, you looked so beautiful tonight Vesper. When you walked down those stairs you took my breath away."

I blushed and then felt alone. I began my walk back to the party. I hope he was right. I had to put a name and face to that voice. I had to see who my one true love was, the one that I would never have.


____________________________________________
Me: How was it?!
Laura I hope you dont mind, but I put you in my story :)
Sign up to rate and review this story