Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Lighthouse

The Angel of Death

by MyVengefulRomance 8 reviews

Tragedy and love hand-in-hand. For two of the boys, Mikey's death opens a door they had never thought to explore. Two other boys meet the one behind all of the tragic incidents. Is this strange man...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-10 - Updated: 2006-11-11 - 1779 words

0Unrated
Ch 6 Disclaimer- I still don't own. But man, last night, I had this dream, and Gerard...heh. Never mind.

A/N- Oooh, the fuzziness derived from the reviews I've received has inspired me to write another chapter quickly. Besides, I felt kinda bad 'bout what I did to poor lil' Mikey. But not bad enough to change it. -giggles like an idiot- I'M AN EVIL GENIUS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Heh. Enjoy, my little mortal readers. Oh, yeah. Slashy goodness ensues. That means guy-guy relationship. But real short. No explicit stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray stared at the scene before him. His eyes were lying. They were deceiving him. Mikey wasn't dead. Mikey /couldn't /be dead. It wasn't possible. Rock stars are immortal. They can't die. They...they were undefeatable, undeniably and completely unconquerable. Your twenties are supposed to be the best years of your life, not the ending of it.

Bob placed a hand on his shoulder, and said, "We have to get Gerard away from Mikey's body."

The calmness in Bob's voice caused Ray to turn around slowly, his upper curling.

"We have to get Gerard away from Mikey's /body/? How can you say that so...so coldly? That's his /brother/, not some random object that's bad for him. We don't have to get Gee away from anything, you monster," he hissed, anger filtering through his voice.

Bob closed his eyes, blowing air out through his nose.

Opening his eyes, Bob said, "I know that. But Gerard's just going to spiral downwards again, and I'm sure you don't want that."

"His brother just /died/," Ray argued.

"There's no point in arguing. It's not good for anyone's mental health to be around a corpse this long."

Ray sucked in a deep breath, and after a second of hesitation, he nodded.

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Now, if anyone's going to be able to persuade Gee to leave Mikey, it'll be Frankie."

Ray glanced towards Gerard, watching Frank whisper something to him. He watched as Gerard ignored him, not even noticing that anyone was even talking to him. Gerard still held Mikey to his chest, still sobbing and rocking to and fro.

"I guess. But Frank will need to get Gee to hear him out first."

Bob nodded in agreement, and softly said, "Frankie! We need you to get Gerard to let go of Mikey."

Frank looked at them, and raised his perfectly sculpted eyebrow. For a second, Ray thought that he wouldn't try to break the two brothers apart, but Frank nodded slowly.

Turning back to Gerard, Frank said, "Gerard? I need you to put Mikey down."

Gerard inclined his head slightly, before choking out, "Mikey told me that this place was bad. He told me, Frank! I didn't listen, and now...now I'll never be able to apologize! He's dead!"

"I know," Frank said softly, brushing the hair out of Gerard's face. "But now that he's dead, he's not coming back. You have to let him go."

"I can't," Gerard whispered, "because the last thing I ever said to him...it was terrible. I yelled at him. I yelled at all of you guys, and that was right before he died. I'M A BAD PERSON!!!!!"

Frank shook his head.

"You didn't mean it though. You were scared, hell, we were all scared. So you voiced your opinion. That doesn't mean that you truly meant it. If I had remembered who I was, I would've done the same thing. So don't feel bad, okay?"

Gerard shook his head, tears still running down his cheeks.

"I'm going to feel bad for the rest of my life."

Then, the vocalist gently laid Mikey on the ground. He gingerly closed he bassist's eyes with a shaky hand, and fixed his limbs so that his arms were resting on his chest. Shakily, he stood up, looking at his macabre handiwork.

Frank stood up with him, and gently took his arm.

"Come on," he said softly, "let's go to my room. Too many bad memories in your's."

Gerard nodded numbly, and let Frank lead him up the stairs. Ray and Bob stayed frozen in their spot, standing numbly in the doorway that separated the sitting room from the hall with the staircase in it. The sun had set already, and it was dark. Slowly, Ray turned to Bob. They stared at each other for a second, before Ray burst into tears.

The emotional build-up burst through his seemingly unbreakable dam as he was pulled into Bob's arms. Bob sighed, closing his eyes. As Ray cried on his shoulder, Bob silently wished that he knew how to cry. He wanted to cry. Sure, he didn't know Mikey as well as the others, but that was only because he wasn't from New Jersey.

My Chemical Romance wasn't just a band. They weren't even just brothers. These five different men were more than brothers, and the loss of Mikey was like losing a vital organ. They had lost their voice of reason and their kid brother, in a time period of just a few minutes.

"What the hell do you have against us, you stupid lighthouse? Why must you destroy everything we hold dear? Are you trying to kill all of us? Did you fail with Gerard and Frank?" he screamed.

He sighed in defeat, angry at himself for losing his mind and yelling at nothing.

"/Yes, I did fail//./"

Ray's head shot up, and Bob looked down at him with shock in his eyes. They looked around wildly, finding no one.

"Who the hell said that?" Ray gasped.

"/I did/."

Both Bob and Ray turned around slowly.

"Oh, God help us," Bob whispered as Ray began to shed fresh tears. Only this time, the tears weren't shed for someone else. They were being shed in fear, in fear of the loss of his own life.

He was beautiful. Bob, a straight man, wasn't afraid to admit it. It was almost as if this man was sculpted by angels. But his beauty...it was scary. He was horrifyingly beautiful. The sharpness of his features, the sparkles in his eyes...his perfection just screamed 'evil'. Yes, if this man was truly sculpted by angels, it wasn't angels from Heaven. It would have to be angels from Hell.

The man cocked his pale head, his black hair falling on his bare shoulders perfectly. His blue eyes sparkled with menace, and the smirk on his pale lips sent shivers down both of their spines.

"/Do you fear me, mortals?/"

Ray stood frozen in place, unable to move. Bob, on the other hand, put on his best menacing face and stepped forward.

"Who the hell are you? How'd you get here?"

The beautiful man smirked, and said, "/Amazing. A man, afraid of me, afraid of death, and afraid of love, trying to be menacing. I fear no one, mortal nor immortal. You are fooling no one, not even yourself//./"

Bob narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists. He stood tall, but inside, he was cowering with fear. But he had to be strong. He had to, not for himself but for Ray, Frank, and Gerard.

"Who. The. Hell. Are. You?" he said slowly, trying to keep himself from shaking.

Laughing cruelly, the beautiful man said, "/I am the wind, I am the moon, I am the shadows. I am your nightmares; I am the hopes and dreams that were shattered. I am for the broken, for the feeble-minded, and for the weak. I am death//./"

"Liar," Bob snarled.

"/Am I? Then why do I know you personally, Bob? Why do I know everything about all of you, Bob? How do I know that you are the drummer in a band, Bob? How do I know-?/"

"Shut the hell up!" Bob interrupted, his true fear leaking into his voice.

"/But if I shut Hell up, where will all the bad men go?/" the man asked, chuckling at his own little joke.

Bob didn't say anything. This man was clearly insane. How did he get here? Why was he claiming to be death? Why-?

"Did you kill Mikey and hurt Frank and Gerard?" Ray blurted out.

"/Oh...the mousy one's name was Mikey? Of course I killed him. I am the angel of death./"

"Jesus Christ. You're insane. You are not the angel of death, for Christ's sake! He doesn't exist!" Bob shouted.

"/You will pay for doubting me, mortal fool,/" the man snarled.

"If you're death, prove it! Come on, bring it!" Bob yelled.

"/Fine! I will! You will pay for your insolence!/" the man shouted back, his face flushing with anger.

And prove it he did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerard sat down on Frank's bed. Frank sighed, sitting down next to him. He draped his arm around the vocalist's good shoulder, and pulled him into his chest.

"I'm so sorry, Gee. You have to promise me something, though."

Gerard buried his face into Frank's chest. Frank winced, the scratches still raw. But he didn't say anything.

"What?" Gerard asked, his voice muffled and full of tears.

"Promise me that you won't ever give up. Promise me that you'll carry on."

Gerard lifted his face up, looking up at Frank with watery eyes.

"I'm not sure that I-."

"Gerard, promise me," Frank said forcefully.

"I...I promise, Frank," Gerard whispered.

Frank smiled down at Gerard, and hugged him.

"I can't lose you, Gee. I love you too much."

Frank felt Gerard stiffen against him, and he mentally cursed himself.

"I'm so sorry, Gerard! It just slipped out."

Gerard said, "No, no, Frank. I just...it surprised me. I love you too."

Frank smiled and pulled the older man closer.

This was a true blessing in tragedy.

"Why do good things always have to occur after such traumatic experiences? Why can't good just come from good? Why must my brother die for me to be happy?" Gerard asked.

Frank sighed.

"I should've told you sooner, Gee. I've loved you from the second I laid my eyes on you. I'm just such a girl, I couldn't tell you how I felt."

Gerard pulled away, and looked Frank in his eyes. Slowly, they both leaned in, and their lips brushed.

But then, there were two loud screams from downstairs. Pulling away, they both gasped.

"Not again! Oh, God, not again!" Gerard gasped, bursting into tears once again.

Frank grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room.

Down once more they went, knowing that their lives were crumbling around them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Oh, God, not again! Gerard can't handle this! Oh, God! Heh. Okay, so I need ya'll to review and tell me how you like this turn of events. REVIEW!!!

















Sign up to rate and review this story