Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Is She Writing Fiction?

Coffee and a Show

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 10 reviews

Read and find out

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2006-11-11 - Updated: 2006-11-11 - 912 words

0Unrated
On their way to the coffee house, which turned out to be called "XO", Patrick and Bree talked about school and Bree learned that he went to the high school in Glenview, a town about 10 minutes away, and he was in his Sophomore year too.

Once they got to their coffee and had sat down at a small table in the café there was an awkward silence between them as their laughter stopped.

"So....What happened to you tonight?" Patrick asked staring at his hands.

With a shaky voice she told him everything .... Almost everything the stuff about her family, friends all but the stuff "cutting" but she told herself she'd never do that again. She didn't even know why she told him she hardly knew him.
Patrick was about to say something, comforting no doubt, when a boy wearing a red and black striped top with girls jeans and a set of emo bangs walked up to them.

"Pat - " he started.

"Don't call me that!" Patrick interrupted.

"Whatever man we're all set up they want us to start in 5 minutes.... Hold on who's this?" he asked.

"Oh right I almost forgot! Pete this is Bree, Bree Pete"

Bree shook Pete's hand.

"Nice to meet you" she said.

"Wait what are you starting in 5 minutes?" she asked feeling confused.

"I told you my favourite local band were playing here tonight.." Patrick answered smiling.

With that he got up and walked over to the temporary stage that was set up in the corner of the small shop.

Bree wondered what kind of music they played - she'd listen to anything once. She wondered what position Patrick was in the band. Her question was answered as he took centre stage and placed the guitar strap around his neck. He looked really nervous but as the as the lead guitarist, who happened to have an afro, started playing and the bass and drums kicked in he got into the music and started to relax.

You only hold me up like this
Cause you don't know who I really am
Sometimes I just want to know what it's like to be you
We're making out inside crashed cars
We're sleeping through all our memories
I used to waste my time dreaming of being alive
(now I only waste it dreaming of you)

Pete and the big haired guitarist seemed to be having fits on stage as they spun around while the drummer just beat the living shit out of his set while shaking his head. Patrick sung his heart out into the mic and Bree had to say - dude's got range!

Turn off the lights and turn off the shyness
Cause all of our moves make up for the silence
And oh, the way your makeup stains my pillowcase
Like I'll never be the same


The song went on for a little while longer after that and then like all good things do it ended. The room applauded and it was obvious that some of these people had seen them play before.

Patrick walked back to where Bree was sitting.

"That was amazing!" she said not really knowing how else to describe it.

"You liked it?" he asked stating the obvious.

"Hell yeah you guys rock!"

Before she had a chance to say anything else Pete, the big haired guitarist and their drummer came over and pulled up some chairs beside Patrick and Bree.

Introductions were made all around and Bree found out:

"The big haired guitarist" was Joe, he was Jewish and had a very noticeable lisp!

"The drummer" as Bree had so affectionately called him was Andy, he was vegan and he had a lot of tattoos.

The bands name was Fall Out Boy and they had been together for around 6 months now. Pete wrote the lyrics and Patrick was the genius behind the beats so to speak. Pete and Andy were the eldest (they were both seniors) and Joe was the same age as Patrick and Bree, 15 goin on 16.


For about an hour they just sat there and talked about music and school and Bree could honestly say she felt more comfortable there then with her other "friends".

Bree looked at her watch, it was 11.30! She had to go now if she was going to be home by 12...

"Listen I gotta go, curfew and all it was nice meeting you guys though .." Bree said getting up to leave.

"Hold on I'll walk you home.." Patrick said standing up.

"You don't have to ...."

"I want to."

They left and were silent most of the way back to her house. When they reached the pathway leading up to her house .

"Well this is my stop" she said awkwardly though she didn't know way she was so nervous it wasn't a date or anything.

"Yeah ok so I'll see you around" she added.

"Wait!" he said causing her to turn around.

"What?" she asked.

"Can I have your number? We could meet up or something.." he said looking at his shoes again - he really seemed to have a habit of doing that.

"Yeah ok." She answered fighting back a grin.

They exchanged numbers and Patrick went home. Bree headed up to her room and turned on her stereo hearing Joy Division's familiar bass line she lay back on her bed thinking of how cute Patrick was when he smiled.

Her phone beeped. She read the screen:
One Unread Message.


A/N : Tell me if i should continue
Sign up to rate and review this story