Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Is She Writing Fiction?

Girl Meets Fate, Fate Wears A Hat.

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 6 reviews

I made some changes to this chapter, added some detail and took somethings out of it. Pls re read if you've already read it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-11 - Updated: 2006-11-11 - 1325 words

1Moving
Bree stared blankly at her ceiling wondering what her so called best friend was doing now. She hadn't seen or talked to Jenna in over a week, she was always too busy with her boyfriend, Matt, now days. Every time I call she's with him she thought sighing. Now Bree was not a lesbian but you have try and understand what its like to have your best friend stop caring out of no where.
Jenna had been Bree's best friend since Junior High. They were both complete opposites in interests such as music and style but for some reason they had the same bad sense of humour and started hanging out more and more though Jenna often put Bree down by calling her a "goth" or "emo" but Bree didn't really mind cause it was ok since it was Jenna.

Then it all changed. Jenna met Matt at a school dance and all of a sudden she dumped Bree as her lab partner and spent all her time with Matt. Whenever Bree called over she was either out with Matt or instant messaging him and she never wanted to hang out with Bree unless Matt was busy.

It wasn't that Bree didn't like Matt she was just fed up of being a loner all the time while Jenna hung out with him. Matt was on the basket ball team and he was good and he loved bragging to everyone about it which was one of his character flaws. Other then that he was an alright guy but sometimes he said stuff to Bree like "Yeah Jenna's hot and your not" that kind of upset her because she didn't feel like someone who was supposed to be her friend should be saying that to her but as always she took it lying down.

This on top of what you could call a hectic family life with her Mom and Dad separated for almost 7 years, both of whom have different versions of why they split up, and her Mom always on edge and waiting to take things out on her music was her only escape. She spent most of her time since Jenna got a boyfriend up in her room practising guitar writing songs... and she was getting better.

Bree's Mom's, Loraine's, whole life had been one big regret after the next and Bree was one of them, which Loraine often snapped at her in one of her drunken slurs. Stuck in a dead end job with debts piling up she started drinking and becoming more violent often throwing things across the room or screaming whenever she got frustrated. Bree tried to stay away from her most nights.

Bree's Dad, Mark, was the opposite. He had a big house a nice car and a job that paid well. He also had a girlfriend you know the type , blonde , stupid, (not implying that blondes are stupid here you know what I mean) I think you get the picture. Bree hardly ever got to see him, the most she ever got from him was the money he sent to her mother each month which was spent on alcohol.


Bree got up and walked across the room and picked out a CD, she settled on The Smiths and skipped to her fave song "Girlfriend in a Coma"...Morrisey's voice filled her room and she smiled. She loved singing and when it came to The Smith's she couldn't help it, when the song started she had to finish it. She walked over to her dresser and pulled out a white tank top. She pulled it on over her head and was about to grab a pair of jeans when she remembered the scars on her arms from when she overheard her parents shouting and saw her Dad get angry and push her Mom up against the wall and grabbed her throat. She broke down the next day in the school bathrooms during lunch, with the pressure of all her exams and Jenna not having time to talk to her she started scratching her arms as she sat on the lid of the toilet and cried, then she noticed the bloodspots and for some reason this made her feel better. She looked for her compass in her backpack and sure enough she found it. Using the pointed tip she applied pressure and made a small mark on her forearm and immediately feeling relief wash over her. Bree shuddered at the memory and tried to find something to cover the scars she fished out her favourite Clandestine "Love Cant Save You" hoodie, threw on some jeans, grabbed her converse, forced a smile for the mirror as she brushed her layered dark brown hair and headed out.

When she finally got to Matt's house they were sitting in his garage on the computers (he has 2) and his friend Chris was on the other and he nodded a "hey" in her way.

Chris was on Matt's basketball team and was Matt's best friend. Bree didn't really know him that well she only really hung out with him in a group.

Meanwhile Jenna was sitting on Matt's lap drawing him a love heart for his myspace page. They were listening to some rap song "Hand's Up" on the radio and Bree just had to comment:


"What the fuck are you guys listening to?!"

"Shut up at least it isn't moody teenagers all they ever sing about is "Oooohh I'm so lonely" fuck sake you are in no position to criticize!" Matt snapped.

Bree shut up after that she was tired of arguing with him over music. She decided to try not attacking their interests by asking Jenna what she was doing.

"Shut up! Go away none of us like you!" Jenna said with a smirk. Matt and Chris laughed.

Bree snapped.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell are you acting like this? Before you got a boyfriend you were always fucking there for me and now you could care less if I got hit by a bus! And don't look like you don't know what I'm talking about cause you do! You treat me like shit all the time now he's in the picture and I am sick of it."

The room went quiet. No one was used to hearing Bree scream or stand up for herself she usually laughed it off.

"Since when were you a psycho bitch?" Jenna replied still not moving from Matt's lap.

"Listen why don't you go and take your emo ass mood swings somewhere else?" Matt said narrowing his eyes at Bree.

Bree turned and headed for the door tears in her eyes she ran in the direction of her house. She was crying so much so that she couldn't see where she was going, so much so she crashed into someone and sent them both flying backwards.

The hat wearing stranger picked himself up and offered Bree a hand and helped her up.

"Whoa where were you going so..."

He stopped when he noticed her tear streaked face.

"What's wrong" he asked with actual concern in his voice.

Bree wiped her face with her sleave and stared into his hazel eyes which were framed by thick dark rimmed glasses.

"Nothing.." she lied.

"Why should you care you don't even know my name." she said.

"Well mines Patrick.. and if you want you can tell me your name along with what happened over coffee." He said staring at his feet.

Bree thought about going home and having to face her mother and decided that coffee didn't sound that bad right about now.

"I'm Bree and I'd love to.." she replied.


"Well Bree I know a great coffee house a few blocks away and my favourite local are playing tonight." He said offering her his arm.

"Really who?"










A/N: I'd really like some reviews cause if other people think its crap then I'm gonna stop updating....
Sign up to rate and review this story