Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

With the wrong guy?

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 2 reviews

I dont like sumarries they dont tell you anything!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 648 words

0Unrated
Bree got to Patrick's house and his Mom answered the door informing her that Patrick was in the den. She could hear him playing from the outside of the door - it was a song she hadn't heard before.

I'm good to go and I'm going nowhere fast.
It could be worse I could be taking you there with me.
I'm good to go...but it looks like I'm still on my own.

I'm good to go for something golden, though the motions I've been going through have failed.
I'm coasting on potential towards a wall at a hundred miles an hour.

When I say...


The noise from Bree opening the door disturbed Patrick and he stopped turning to look at her.

"Don't stop..." she said "That song is really good , you write it?"

"Yeah its just something I've been working on..." he mumbled.

"That is a really cool guitar ... mind if I play?" she asked.

"You play?" Patrick asked. She never mentioned it.

"Yeah I taught myself and I attempt to sing too" she said the last part a bit quieter.


"Really. You write?"

"A little..."

"Play me one of your songs!"

"I don't know their not that good....."

"Please..."

"Ok ..."

Patrick handed Bree the guitar and she played the first thing that came to her head. Bree remembered writing it about her Mom around the time she started drinking.

Am I another Casualty?
In the battle you're fighting?
You're your own worse enemy,
At war with yourself, but you can't see.

And I can't stand to watch,
You're, coming, coming fast,
Everywhere you go it seems that lighting strikes and then you crash,
I don't know how you do it,
It always ends the same,
Everywhere you go it seems lightning strikes but there's no rain, no rain.


She stopped after that to see Patrick staring at her in awe.

"I didn't know you could sing like that! Have you ever played a gig or anything?" he asked.

"No I just usually play in my room alone ..." she answered.

"We have to get you a gig at XO!" he said excitedly.

"I don't think so ...."

"No, I can get you a spot before Fall Out Boy play on Friday.." he insisted.

"Uhhhmmmmmmmmmm"

"Come on it'll be cool, your really good!" he pushed.

"Fine I guess I could do it..."


The next three days flew by quickly. Bree barely got to see Chris at all and she still hadn't told Patrick that Chris had asked her out. She wasn't sure how he'd take it I mean on the few occasions where they did talk about Jenna, Matt or Chris Patrick didn't have much nice to say about them.

Bree was practicing in her room while her Mom was at work writing a new song for Friday which happened to be tomorrow but Bree had a "stroke of inspiration" and had to write it down and she had to say it was one of her better songs, her phone rang.

"Hello" she answered.

"Hey Bree, it's Chris how are you haven't seen you in a while.."

"Oh fine yeah it has been a while ..." she didn't say I missed you cause that would be a lie. She loved hanging out with Patrick writing songs and practicing, Chris hadn't once crossed her mind. Which made her wonder if she was with the right guy.

"Wanna hang out tomorrow night?" he asked.

She remembered she was playing at XO tomorrow night.

"I can't sorry" she apologized.

"Why not?"

"I kind of have a gig at that coffee house XO tomorrow night..."

"Really, I didn't know you sang."

"Well now you do, on that note you wanna come?" she asked.

"Yeah sure I'll be there! I got to go now ok bye..."

"Bye"



A/N: the song bree was singing is not mine it's a song by alexz johnson called natural disaster.
Sign up to rate and review this story