Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Don't Know How You Do It

Boys are complicated

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 3 reviews

Blah Blah read + review!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 1409 words

0Unrated
Bree woke up the next day to hear a crash coming from downstairs. Mom she thought running as fast as she could down the stairs and into the kitchen where she found her Mom randomly flinging things out of the cupboard looking for something.

"Mom what are you doing!" Bree screamed freaking out at this stage.

"Where are they, I cant find them where did you put them?!" Loraine screamed at her daughter.

"Put what?" Bree asked timidly. Her mother had been drinking she could smell it from the doorway.

"My pills. You took them where did you put them!?" she said edging closer to Bree.

"I don't know what your talking about Mom, you must have finished them. Mom you should go to bed, it's early I'll clean this up..." Bree said trying to help.

"LIAR!" Loraine screamed bringing her hand down across Bree's face leaving a red mark in it's place.

Loraine walked over to the counter and grabbed her keys turning to leave and shouldering Bree, pushing her to the ground on her way out.


Bree sat silently crying on the ground. She didn't know how long she sat there before she got up running to the bathroom.

She searched through her drawers before finding it. Her razor She didn't know what else to do, it worked once, no one had to know, it was an easy escape. She tested to see how blunt it was before making a small cut on her lower stomach where no one would see it. She instantly felt better and grabbed some tissues from the box by the sink to clot the blood that was trickling down onto her red flannel pyjama bottoms.


Bree spent the rest of the day practising. Her mom didn't come home and Bree was getting worried. She didn't have much time to think about it though, before she knew it was 6 and Chris was at her door ready to walk with her to XO. She was going to meet Patrick there. Patrick. He didn't know Chris was coming. He didn't know they were going out.



Bree and Chris arrived to see Patrick, Pete, Joe and Andy sitting their table. Bree and Chris walked over.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Chris, Chris this is Patrick, Pete, Andy and that guy with the bushy hair is Joe" she said pointing to each of them as she spoke.

"Hey" they all said in unison. None of them knew about Chris, except Patrick who knitted his eyes together.

"Bree could I talk to you alone for a sec.." he asked.

"Yeah sure... excuse me" she said turning to Chris.

"No prob" he said kissing her cheek. "Want me to get you something ... coffee?" he asked.

"No I'm good" she replied.

Patrick took her gently by the arm and took her next to the stage that the guys had set up.

"Is that the guy I think it is?" he asked. He couldn't believe she was with him after all Matt, Jenna and Chris did she goes and dates the guy?

"Yeah but you don't understand he's actually really nice" she reassured him.

"Really nice? After the way they all treated you? Bree you deserve better." He said touching her arm.

"Better? He is the only guy who has ever taken any interest in me ever. This is your place to comment Patrick stay out of it!" she snapped. Who did he think he was?

"I'm just saying Bree, from what you told me that night we met their all jerks." He said defending himself.


"Just stay out of it ok?" she turned and went back to the table the guys were sitting at grabbing her guitar case, she wasn't going to let Patrick distract her from this.

She took the stage and sat on the stool that was placed on centre stage for her. She spoke into the mic.



"This is something I came up with the other day and I hope you all like it cause I think this is one of my better songs.... Well here it goes..."


She started the intro on her guitar trying to forget that these people were watching her and imagining she was back in her room.


My skin doesn't fit
My words seem so hollow
I feel like a fraud
And that's a bitter pill to swallow

Sometimes it hits me right between the eyes
Everyone can see through my disguise

Who am I fooling
I'm just a smiling face
In a make-believe world
Who am I fooling
I'm just a wannabe
So easy to replace
Pretending I'm a perfect girl

All alone in the mirror
All alone on the shelf
I'm trying to hold on
To a little piece of myself

Doesn't anybody realize
Even I don't buy my own disguise

Who am I fooling
I'm just a smiling face
In a make-believe world
Who am I fooling
I'm just a wannabe
So easy to replace
Pretending I'm a perfect girl

There's a part of me that's fighting back
There's a part of me that knows
When I'm pouring out my heart
I'm still putting on a show

Who am I fooling
In a make-believe world
Who am I fooling
So easy to replace
Pretending I'm a perfect girl
Who am I fooling
I'm just a smiling face
In a make-believe world
Who am I fooling
I'm just a wannabe
So easy to replace
Pretending I'm a perfect girl
Who am I fooling
I'm just a smiling face
In a make-believe world
Who am I fooling
I'm just a wannabe
So easy to replace
Pretending I'm a perfect girl
Pretending I'm a perfect girl




She strummed the last chord and everyone in XO clapped and cheered. The guys seemed shocked, Patrick said she was good but they thought he just said all that because they have their suspicions that he had a crush on her.

"Wow dude, that fucking rocked!" Joe said pulling up a chair for her to sit on. She refused.

"Thanks but I got to get home my Mom doesn't really know where I am..." she mumbled packing up her guitar.

"Well it rocked anyway you should defiantly play here more often!" Andy added .

"Thanks well, bye!"

She motioned for Chris to follow her but she didn't say one word to him while he walked her home. She shouldn't have snapped at Patrick. Why was she thinking of Patrick while she was with her boyfriend! What was wrong with her? Why couldn't she just be happy with the person she was with? She just had to make things worse for herself.

Bree and Chris sat on the swinging bench on her front porch still not saying much. Suddenly Chris turned and took Bree's face in his hands and kissed her gently at first but once he deepened the kiss he helped her stand up guiding her into her house opening the unlocked door and pushing her back against the door still kissing her passionately. Sure they had kissed before but not like this. He started to pull on the hem of her shirt, that was when she pulled away.


"What?" he asked confused.

"I'm not ready, we should stop now." She said not looking at him.

"What?"

"I'm not ready..."

"I thought you liked me?"

"I do it's just..."

"Whatever... I'm outta here..."

He pushed her out of the way opening the door slamming it shut behind him. Leaving her standing in the doorway. She didn't want to cry, she was trying not to. There was a lump in her throat she was trying to push down. Instead of crying she checked the house for her Mom. No Luck. Probably in a bar somewhere Bree thought .

Bree collapsed on her bed and finally felt tears fall down her cheeks. Why was Chris being like this? Why was Patrick acting all protective? This day just kept getting worse and worse. She walked to her bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Why would Chris like her? Why would anyone like her? She was so ugly.... Her dark brown puffy eyes were staring back at her from her reflection. She reached for her razor. Reasoning with herself how it was just one more time and then she wouldn't do it again. That was it one more time and she'd stop.


A/N: again the song is who am i fooling by alexz johnson... not mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story