Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Seto Kaiba Does Not Cuddle

Chapter Four: Umbrella

by LilyChan 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles, vignettes and short stories about how Seto Kaiba is not cuddly. Challenge fanfic from the LJ community 10snuggles. SetoxJounouchi

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Joey Wheeler, Seto Kaiba - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 423 words

0Unrated
Author's Notes: This one is early, I know. But please read and review. :3

Seto Kaiba Does Not Cuddle

By LilyChan

Chapter Four

Umbrella

"Fate leads the willing and drags along the unwilling." - Seneca, Epistulae ad Lucilium

Out of all days, why did today have to been the worse day he ever had? He was late for work because the idiot of a boyfriend had destroyed his alarm clock, then he had an ice cold shower. He didn't have time to wait for his chauffer; however he still got stuck in traffic anyway.

On top of all that, it started pouring the instant he stepped out, and got soaked from head to toe. When he finally got to the conference room, his secretary tried to tell him that his fly was wide open and he was going commando.

Fortunately the head of the director found it in good humor and the meeting started after a quick trip to the bathroom. After they departed, the secretary asked him if she was fired. He told that since she tried to tell him before, he would give her a slight raise. Just a slight; not by much.

She smiled and nodded, reading in between the lines.

Seto leaned against the cool window in his office and saw the rain pour over the great city of Domino.

Well, at least this horrid day is over, he thought solemnly.

He went to his desk to close his briefcase. He waved to the heavily relieved secretary; she waved back. Even though the meeting was successful, despite him flashing the new branch of Kaiba Corps, he had a pounding headache.

Perhaps he should go to bed early for the night. He berated himself forgetting an umbrella in the rush to get to work that morning; but he was surprised to see Jou out - with an extra umbrella in hand.

When the boy saw him, Jou beamed. He waited until Seto was near until he'd say something.

Instead...

"What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

Jou narrowed his eyes and simply shrugged. "They gave us the day off. Safety hazard."

Seto nodded. He tossed his arm around his shoulders and started to walk to his car.

"Hey! I brought you one!" Jou said as he thrusted the extra one in his face. He grabbed it and placed it in his pocket.

"You wasted your time bringing that, stupid."

The blond blinked as Seto brought him closer. He merely nodded as a small smile crept on his face.
Sign up to rate and review this story