Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

It's Time

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

Pregnancy fun!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-16 - Updated: 2006-11-17 - 1362 words

0Unrated
"Hello Ms. Royer, my name's Dr. Wilson." The doctor said shaking my hand. He was a slightly balding man in his late twenties, early thirties. "And Mr. Stump, how are you?"
"Good, a little nervous." I said looking around the office.
This was the first time I had been to an obstetrician for the baby.
"Well, there's absolutely nothing to be nervous about." He looked at his chart. "It says here you're on your first trimester."
"Yes." I nodded.
"Well, first what we're gonna do is do a physical then we'll have an ultrasound done, sound good?"
We nodded and I glanced over at Patrick. It was weird to think we were gonna be parents.
So I had my physical to see if I was at least fit to have a baby. Aside from having almost too small hips that was it, which the doctor said would probably fix itself before I had the baby.
Next was the ultrasound, I lay down on a table as the doctor smeared jelly on my stomach and smoothed it out. Patrick watched the monitor and smiled. You couldn't really see anything right now, just something that looked sort of like a jelly bean.
"So far everything looks good." The doctor looked at the monitor while he moved the device he used to smooth out the ultrasound jelly. "The baby looks healthy and you're healthy."
"How can you tell the baby's healthy?" I asked.
"Well, it looks like every other first trimester baby looks; we'll have more clarity next time you come in."
I nodded and looked back at the monitor. I still couldn't believe I had another human being (beside Patrick) inside me.
Dr. Wilson wiped off the jelly and helped me off the table. We scheduled another appointment for about two months later and left.
On the drive home we didn't talk until I couldn't stand it anymore and broke the silence.
"Patrick?"
"Yes?"
"Are we doing the right thing?"
"What do you mean?"
"Keeping the baby?" I bit my lip and played with the hem of my pants.
"I don't know."
"Do you think we're ready?"
"Yes, you want kids and I want kids."
"I know, but do you think since you're probably going to be on tour a lot if it's a good idea?"
"If, you're that worried about me not being with the baby enough, you can always come on tour."
I never thought of it that way. Maybe it was right keeping the baby.
"Maybe you're right." I sighed looking out the window.
Patrick grabbed my hand and gently squeezed it.
"We're doing the right thing." He reassured me.
I smiled and continued looking out the window, I knew these next few months were gonna be a bitch. But I knew it was gonna be worth it.

~~~
I woke up and tried to stretch my sore muscles. I was right being pregnant was a bitch. It had only been three months and I was already bloated, craving sick food combinations, and was always moody. I sometimes would wake up early in the morning and puke my brains out, other times I would wake up really late and then go to sleep about an hour or two later.
I rubbed my eyes and pulled my slightly ballooned body out of bed. I padded down the hall and flopped down in one of the chairs. Everyone was awake. This must have been one of the days that I woke up late. Patrick smiled at me and reached across the table and grabbed my hand.
"Morning Sugar." He said lightly stroking my middle knuckle with his thumb.
"Morning." I breathed out and yawned again.
"Only five more months." Pete chimed in behind me.
I laughed and got up, went to the freezer and pulled out a carton of chocolate marshmallow ice cream. On the way to the counter I got a bag of chips and threw them on the table. Then I got a bowl and filled it with ice cream, sat down and dipped the chips in the bowl. Pete gagged slightly and tried to ignore what I was eating. Patrick tried not to look in the bowl and gazed past my shoulder. Meanwhile Joe grabbed a chip and took a gob of ice cream. Andy was too busy reading another comic book to be concerned wit what I was eating.
"How can you eat that?" Pete asked suddenly.
"Excuse me, but are you pregnant?" I snapped angrily. "I don't see you getting morning sickness and having odd cravings."
He backed up slightly.
"Do you know what it's like to have almost unbearable pressure on your bladder so you have to piss every half an hour? Do you know what it's like to have people that drank their own fluids tell you that what you're eating is disgusting?"
"Ok, sorry." He said holding his hands up and pushing me back into my seat. "I'm sorry, if I could get Cobot's Syndrome I would."
"Thank you, now I have some ice cream to eat." I said grabbing a spoon and slowly eating the cool treat.
This was gonna be a long five months.
~~~
I woke up with really bad pain in my pelvic area. I looked over at Patrick who was sleeping peacefully, sighing every so often.
It had been nine months....NINE MONTHS!!!!!!
I swallowed the growing lump in my throat and threw the covers off of my pale legs. I slid out of bed. I had to walk weird to get to the bathroom. I switched on the light and squinted at the mirror.
Same grey green eye, same smirk, and same scar on my chin from when I was in a car accident when I was ten. It was the same Alex looking back, but I felt so different. The Alex three years ago would never have dreamed that she would be pregnant with a rock star. But here I was.
I felt the baby kick and I smiled. Poor thing wanted out as bad as I wanted it out.
Thinking on the baby, I crossed the hall to its room and switched on that light. Pale purple and green lined the walls and gave it a soft yet edgy feeling I wanted. The crib stood on the far wall, a purple quilt waited to be used and the toys sat eagerly on the shelves. The only window looked out over the Chicago skyline and let in the early morning light. A group of block letters hung on the wall giving it a personal touch.
I was so lost in looking at my new baby's room I didn't hear someone come in behind me. Patrick placed his hands as far as they would go around my waist. Even when I was irritable and nasty, he was willing to see past that and smiled at the real me.
"Today's the day." He whispered in my ear as he looked out the window. "When do you want to go?'
"When the baby's good and ready." I smirked and kissed his cheek.
"Pete and Dirty did a good job on the paint splatters." He commented looking around. "This baby's gonna get spoiled."
I felt the baby kick harder and a sharp pain jolt through my body.
"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.
"Nothing, the baby just kicked." I sighed, it kicked again harder.
Then I realized, that wasn't the baby kicking, those where contractions!
"P-Patrick, I'm having contractions." I breathed out slowly and then breathed in slowly.
"Um, ok." He said shocked and quickly turned around to get the others awake. "PETE! JOE! ANDY!"
They all walked out tiredly and rubbed their eyes.
"Patrick, it's six in the morning, what do you....oh." Pete said turning back into his room and changing into some clothes.
Andy got the bag and Joe got ready too. Patrick came back and picked me up.
"Wait! Sabrina!" I called out just before we were about to leave. Just then Sabrina came out and picked yup her purse.
"Ready, we've got a baby to deliver." She announced and we quickly left for the hospital.
Now came the hard part.
Sign up to rate and review this story