Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

The Christmas Gift Worth Keeping

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

Alex confesses.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-10 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 1772 words

0Unrated
The days were getting shorter meaning one things was getting closer, Christmas. I still didn't tell anyone about my secret, I didn't even know for myself.
I decided to find out. I quickly went to the store and got the first pregnancy test on the shelf and bought it. The woman at the register smiled at me and gave me the bag along with a sympathetic pat on the hand. I nodded and left the store without looking back; was I that obvious?
Once I got home I looked around to see if anyone was home. There was a note on the refrigerator.
Alex,
We went for a holiday photo shoot. We'll be home late. Just be prepared if we're messy.
I love you,
Tricks

I smiled; he always made up stupid names for himself. So if the boys were gone where was Sabrina? I found that out by going into our room and finding another note on my bed, didn't these people believe in calling?

Alex,
Went with the boys to get in some food fight action. Keep the showers vacant.
Your Sister from Another Mister,
Beanzy

My friends were a might weird, but after being friends with them for so long I guess it was just normal to me.
So no one was around, now was just about the perfect time to take the pregers test. But just in case I lock the bathroom door.
"This is so stupid." I said to myself as I peed on a stick.
I read the rest of the directions and sighed, wait ten minutes and check for obvious results a plus sign or a minus sign.
As I waited I turned on the TV, something I hadn't done in a while. I flipped through the channels until I found a music channel and turned up the volume. Before I knew it the results were in.
It was a little purple division sign. Well, that was helpful. I guess I'll just have to go back and get another one before they get back. Just as that thought ran through my mind I heard the door open and the sound of the guys talking and laughing.
"Alex?" I heard Sabrina call from the kitchen. Shit she was coming back to the bathroom. "Alex, are you decent?"
"Um, yeah hold on." I grabbed the test and hid it in my hoodie pocket. No, that's not conspicuous at all.
She opened the door and looked my up and down, cocking her head and smiling.
"Is there anything you want to tell me?" She asked eying my pocket.
"Um, why would there be any reason to say something?' I asked quickly walking past her down the hall to our room.
"Alex, tell me." She said closing the door. "I'm almost your sister, what can't you tell me?"
"I think I might be pregnant." I blurted out and sighed.
"Wow....wow." She said sitting down beside me. "Do you know for sure?"
"Well, I took a test but it look like a purple division sign." I explained pulling out the test and showing her. "I don't know what to do."
"Well first rule in who's the father."
"Patrick."
"Ok, now do you think you'd want a baby, if in fact you are pregnant?"
"Yes, I love kids and you know it."
"Do you think Patrick does?"
"I don't know, he always talks about wanting a family sometime."
"Ok, so you and he both want children, are financial problems involved?"
"Come on Sabby, he's in a famous pop punk band." I rolled my eyes.
"Oh, duh." She laughed. "Well it seems you'd be a perfect mother."
"So, if I really am pregnant, how do I tell Tricks?"
"Hmm, well the holidays are coming up." She thought out loud. "Take another test later on and if you are pregnant give him the test."
"That's a good idea." I nodded and hugged her. "Thanks Beans, what would I do without you?"
She hugged back, got up and walked over to the calendar on the wall. "Let's see, Christmas is in three week, do you think you can keep a secret that long?"
"Sure, wow three weeks?" I got up. "We'd better get decorating."
~~~~~
So in three weeks time we got the apartment decorated and had everything ready the big day. Pete invited a lot of other bands to the apartment and had a big dinner, which Sabrina and I made.
The doorbell rang and I answered the door. Several people walked in and handed my gifts and started to take off their coats.
"Pete! The people are here!" I called. Pete came out and gave all of them hugs.
"Guys, this is Alex." He said they all waved. "Alex this is all of the bands which I'm not going to introduce because that would take too long."
I laughed and went back to the kitchen. Sabrina was icing a cake and humming to herself.
"So, how about we go get ready and let this stuff sit for a while." I sighed taking off my apron and rubbing my ever growing baby-bump
"Ok, just don't do that, I guarantee that someone will notice." She said, I let me arm fell to my side and sighed.
I got my shower and got dressed in a black, red and white dress Pete made for me. I looked at my side in the mirror.
"My stomach is huge." I commented as Sabrina got dressed.
"It is not, you just look a little pudgy." She said.
"That's the same thing!" I cried spinning around, letting my Shirley Temple style hair fly out.
"No, it's not.....don't you have another test to take?" She asked brushing her wavy blonde hair and starting to curl it.
"Oh you're right." I said going into the bathroom and getting one of the many tests I kept to just make sure. "I still feel awkward peeing on a stick."
"Just do it." She sounded a little aggravated.
I did and waited for the results. I drummed my hands on the counter and hummed a song. After a while I looked down at the test. When I first took it, it was a purple division sign, now it was a magenta plus sign.
"Yep, I'm pregnant." I let out a breath of air and put it in an old jewelry box and wrapping it in gold wrapping paper.
There was a knock at our door and Sabrina opened it. Pete was standing at the door and holding up drinks.
"Are you guys gonna stay in here all night or are you gonna join the party?" He asked already sounding drunk.
We laughed and went out into the living area that was rearranged for lots of guests. I sat down next to Patrick and gave him a kiss on the cheek. A lot of the guests were guys except for the girl that was at Decaydance that one day and a couple of others.
"Hey Patrick! Play us a song!" A guy with shoulder length brown hair and a very skinny fair called over the chatting. Immediately everything got quiet and everyone leaned in to see what he was gonna do.
"Sure Beckett, why not?" He nodded and got his guitar out of the corner, tuned the pegs a little and looked back up. "Any requests?"
"Hmmm, a Christmas song, Yule Shoot Your Eye Out." A girl with blinding blonde hair said with a slightly Swedish accent.
He nodded and strummed the cords lightly at first, then got into playing. Pete dimmed the light and sat down beside him.
"These are your good years, don't take my advice you never wanted the nice boys anyway, and I'm of good cheer cause I been checking my list, for the gifts you're receiving form me will be...one awkward silence and two hope you cry yourself to sleep staying up waiting by the phone, all I want this is you to dedicate your last breath to me before you bury yourself alive...."
I couldn't help but smile, Pete had a way with word and when that met Patrick music skills and voice you got a killing combination. Once the song was done we ate some food and went back to the living room to talk about things that really didn't need to be talked about, but did anyway.
Pete poured everyone more drinks and I bit my lip as I passed. Joe glanced at me and squinted his eyes. I looked down at my hands and just got some spiced cidar. Next was gifts, Pete got a new bass, a sidekick, and new video camera, Andy got a vegan cookbook, a new drum kit and rare comic books, Joe got a heaping plate of potato pancakes form Sabrina, a new guitar, and just as a joke a speech therapy book, and Patrick got a new guitar, some David Bowe vinals, and my gift which I told him to open last, when everyone else left, Sabrina got a new designer dress, lots of CDs, and a naughty gift form Joe, I got a diamond necklace, a new cell phone, and a shopping spree to the local mall.
Sometime around three in the morning everyone left and we broke apart to what we had to do. Pete and Andy went off the kitchen to clean up the mess in there, Sabrina and Joe went off on some after party festivities and to test out that naughty gift, me and Patrick went up to the roof to watch the city and to open that gift.
"So, what's this?" He laughed shaking it lightly.
"Just open it, but first tell me the truth, do you really love me?" I asked grabbing his hands.
"I love you more that life, you're my everything."
"And something big wouldn't faze you?"
"Like what?" He asked suspiciously.
"Open the box and you'll find out." I bit my lip, this was it. He was either going to love me or hate me for this.
He opened it and picked it up. A slow smile played at his lips as he looked at the test. Suddenly, he dropped the box and the test and hugged me, spinning me around.
"Oh my god." He laughed and cried at the same time. "You...we're pregnant!"
I nodded and kissed him. He put his hands around my waist and laughed.
"I love you, this the best present I could ever ask for." Now we both were crying.
"I'm...I'm gonna be a daddy!" He yelled over the whole city as we stood on the rooftop, lovers and expecting parents.
Sign up to rate and review this story