Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Failure Is Not An Option

Broken Bones and Unforgivables

by johnobon9 2 reviews

Move faster damnit.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Characters: Bellatrix, Harry, Voldemort - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-17 - Updated: 2006-11-17 - 2366 words

4Exciting
"Crucio"

Harry dove to the right, thrusting his wand forwards at the same time "Stupefy!"

The spell was easily batted away by Moody, who twisted his wand to the right before pulling it back and snapping it forward "Atrox Acerbitas" the spell struck Harry in the chest as he tried to rise and threw him against the wall. Harry tried to get up but was assaulted with pain beyond almost anything he'd ever felt before. It lasted for a few seconds before the pain started to slowly ebb away.

Harry gingerly got to his feet and glared at Moody "Gonna take it nice and easy are you?" He spat out "If I'd of known I wouldn't have been casting stupefys."

Moody snorted "What would you have used? Would you have delved into the extensive repertoire of spells you had at your disposal? I guess you could of used the dreaded Impedamenta or Petrificus Totalus, that'd of shown me wouldn't it?" He said with a mirthless grin.

Harry didn't remember Moody ever being that sarcastic, or even having a sense of humour at all.

"Well maybe if you'd teach me something new instead of just making me run around and duel you every 5 minutes I'd actually be able to cast some new spells." He said as he brandished his wand towards Moody, a spell on the tip of his tongue.

It had been three days since Harry was officially free and he'd already missed his first parole meeting. He was in shit and he knew it; he just couldn't bring himself to care, he'd deal with it when the time came. Right now he just wanted to learn the spell Moody had just used on him. "What was that spell you hit me with? I've never heard of it before"

Moody looked straight at Harry "Do you honestly think you'd be able to cast that spell? That's a powerful dark arts curse, I even favour it over the Cruciatus curse. You're gonna have to work your way up if you want to learn the advanced."

"Why isn't that spell an unforgivable?" Harry closed his eyes, waiting for an angry response about his ignorance but it never came.

"Because it can be blocked and is much harder to cast than Cruciatus, Unlike the Cruciatus curse though you don't have to hold it lasts for 10 seconds, no matter what, because of this you can keep fighting or if it's a one on one fight you can easily finish off your opponent while the curse is still in effect. Now, you want to learn new spells so we'll start with the basics" Moody thrust his wand forward, "Ictus"

Harry spun away from the blue spell just in time and tried to mimic Moody's actions "Ictus"

Nothing happened "Ictus" Ictus" Ictus" "DAMNIT" Harry screamed.

Moody laughed and walked over to Harry, "This is going to take a long time, we're just going to start with simple spells with one word incantations and short movements for now. For this spell you can't just point your wand forward like with stupefy, you actually have to thrust it forward,"

"Ictus" Harry yelled while thrusting his wand forward, a blue shaft of light flew out of his wand and smashed into the wall, leaving a small crack.

"Not bad at all, the power from that left much to be desired but we'll work on that later"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get up you two!'

"Bellatrix, Lucius, stop holding back, you might not be a match for me but I know you can at least make it worth my time, I am still uncomfortable in this body." Voldemort hissed out angrily.

Bellatrix and Lucius picked themselves up from the ground and got back into a ready position, practice duelling with the Dark Lord was a lose/lose situation. Either you go full out against him and may actually land a spell against him, and get punished dearly for it later on, or you can hold back and get hit with whatever he's throwing at you.

"Very well master"

Voldemort pulled his wand back and proceeded to fire silent spells at an unimaginable speed at the 2 inner circle death eaters who blocked and dodged all the spells before attacking Voldemort from either side.

Voldemort batted their spells away and slashed his wand upwards before driving it straight down a shockwave of pure magical energy exploded from around him cascading out towards his Death Eaters.

The shockwave smashed into both Bellatrix and Lucius shields driving them both back several feet giving Voldemort time to jump up and start firing off unforgivables. "Imperio, Crucio, Crucio, Imperio" His wand was a blur as the spells rocketed towards Lucius who dove into a roll to avoid them. The battlefield was not a place for proper pureblood conduct and Lucius knew that.

Voldemort moved with such grace that his body seemed to melt out of the way of spells as he easily dodged all of Bellatrix's curses. He twisted out of the way of burning curse and pulled his wand back to his shoulder, he held it there for several seconds, dancing around his minions spells. The tip of his wand began to glow a bright white before suddenly, he slashed it down towards the ground, underneath Lucius feet the ground exploded upwards and sent flying into the wall behind him. Bellatrix's banishing charm caught Voldemort in the small of his back and sent him flying through the air.

Voldemort snarled as his body was hurtling through the air towards the wall, "Mansuetus," he shouted, as he pointed his wand at the wall he was flying towards. The spell collided with the wall a moment before he did, and cushioned his impact, allowing him to quickly, without any pain, retaliate. Bellatrix had not expected a counter and this allowed Voldemort to snap up to his feet and swing his wand like a bat and knock Bellatrix off her feet with am invisible spell. He pressed his advantage and peppered her with Crucio's, she managed to roll out of the way of the first 3 but the 4th struck her in the chest and she left out an almost inhuman scream of pain. It would appear Voldemort had some excess anger.

"Enervate, Enervate" Voldemort woke the 2 death eaters up left the room, beckoning for them to follow.

They entered the main Chamber and Voldemort called Lucius over, "Give me your arm"

The elder Malfoy obediently held his left arm out and Voldemort pressed the tip of his wand against his arm ignoring the aristocrats muffled hiss of pain.

Within the next 10 minutes 40 or so black robed figures were lined up in front of Voldemort, Lucius and Bellatrix who were flanking either side of him. "Welcome loyal death eaters" he hissed, putting an emphasis on loyal.

The death eaters remained silent, waiting for the Dark Lord to continue. "We have been stagnant since my return but that will no longer be the case, throughout the next week will be conducting raids against several influential families who refuse to join our cause, let them be a message to all who opposes us!" Beside him Bellatrix face broke into a large grin at the thought of potentially breaking another victim.

"Bones, Vance, Macmillan, Boot, Edgecombe, Goldstein and Weasley, I want them all dead! I want their lines to END, we're going to eradicate their entire families. It would have been nice to do them all in one night and be in more places than the aurors and Dumbledore could but that would spread us far too thin, we will be doing one family a night over the next 7 days if all went as planned.

Voldemort walked away and into a room that led off the chamber and returned with a large scroll. He soundlessly conjured up a large wooden wall and stuck the parchment to it and enlarged them both. "This is the Bones family tree, I will be taking care of the matriarch, Amelia Bones personally. Bellatrix, Lucius, McNair, Dolohov, Lestrange, Pettigrew, Avery, Amycus, Nott, Mulciber each of you will take three others and tell me who your target is." The use of Bellatrix and Lucius first name did not go un-noticed by the others.

Voldemort grimaced as he saw everyone trying to avoid getting stuck with Pettigrew, He really needed more able bodied men. Although Pettigrew had no place leading a team, he was skilled at charms and above average at transfiguration but he just didn't have the raw power to be a formidable dueller.

The teams came up to him and told him their desired target, he was pleased to see that every group had the fore-sight to take at least one person that was at least moderately skilled with wards.

Once everyone was set-up and assembled in their groups Voldemort addressed them all.

"Remain disillusioned until the anti-apparition and floo wards are in place. Make sure you stay outside of the alarm wards when you put them up, the person who casts the wards will stay outside and keep them up while the remaining 3 will storm the house kill them and get OUT, I don't want to hear that anyone got away or any of you got caught because you decided to torture little Betty-Sue but remember, the mark is a must, don't forget it or I will be most displeased. We are trying to send a message after all. As I'm sure you all know some of these families are under watch being related to the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. You know your coordinates, now go."

40 cracks later and Voldemort was standing by himself. He had no delusions that he would get them all and lose no one, nor did he think that killing Amelia Bones was going to be easy, not when he had to dismantle the wards beforehand.

He desperately needed more recruits, he would have to contact Greyback. With a sigh he apparate away without a sound.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelia Bones was sipping a glass of wine when she felt the alarm wards of off. Her wand was already in her hand a second after the alarm sounded, within moments she had ran a magical signature test on the perimeter to see who had crossed it.

What she got was so mangled that she knew it could only be one person, she didn't even try to apparate as she knew it would be pointless.

She felt her wards being brutally attacked and knew she didn't have much time, she could try to get out the back and hope he didn't bring anyone with him, she supposed; it was better than trying to fight him. "Accio Nimbus" she called out as she pointed her wand towards the corner of the room, where her broom was set. The broom flew into her open hand and within seconds she had already left out the back door.

Voldemort felt the wards he put up go off and knew that his target had opened the back door, he ran around the house and saw her mounting a broom "Percutio Foro" he hissed out, the spell exploded from the tip of his wand and cut through the air before slamming into the witches shield. Amelia instantly recognised the spell for what it was; a piercing curse, the fastest of it's kind, the only known downside to the curse was that it had to be verbal.

Amelia vaulted off her broom and quickly summoned the strongest shield she could muster. The shield was able to withstand the brunt of four high powered bludgeoning curses, all of which would have easily incapacitated or killed her.

Her time would have been better spent preparing in the house, she realised as she slashed her wand down before snapping it upwards towards Voldemort. A brilliant red wave arched towards Voldemort. The moment the red energy came into existence Voldemort had already pulled his wand back and slashed it down the middle of the red spell, severing it down the middle. The spell's remnants passed by both his sides and crashed into the house.

"Pulmo Fragor, Crucio, Imperio, Avada Kevadra" "Iuogolo, Caroisus, Labefacio" Voldemort turned out of the way of the first 2 but was caught on the back of his shoulder by the impaling curse. Amelia threw up a hasty shield that effectively blocked the first three. The killing curse passed threw her shield and she jumped out of the way in the knick of time, the killing curse passed through exactly where she had been standing moments ago.

She was quickly realising the futility of her situation and the infinitely small chance of her surviving, there was a small chance, but however small that chance was, and what it would cost her, she was willing to take it. "Advada Kevadra!" she screamed, fuelling the curse with all of the anger she harboured for the vile inhuman monster in front of her.

His shoulder no longer bleeding Voldemort easily dodged the unforgivable and laughed. "What's this? Dark arts from the esteemed Amelia Bones, not only have you used extremely dark arts but unforgivable now too, naughty girl, straight to Azkaban for you."

Amelia wasn't the head of her department for nothing, she let Voldemorts words roll off her back "Iuogolo, Asphynxtia, Avada Kevadra" Voldemort shielded the first 2 spells and dodged the last. A large gout of acid streamed from his wand towards the Ministry Official, followed by a killing curse and a whip of fire, the fire whip smashed into Miss Bones chest and broke the skin, she put it out with a powerful stream of water from her wand but could not think properly from the pain.

Voldemort looked behind him and saw the Aurors destroying his wards, "Goodbye Miss Bones, you have my respect, Avada Kevadra"

The spell struck Amelia in the chest and Voldemort only stayed long enough to see the life leave her eyes before apparating away, extremely happy thinking he'd just solved two of his problems.

The Aurors ran up to Amelia and looked at her defeated body, Kingsley Shacklebolt bowed his head in respect before emotionlessly picking up the body and apparating to the Saint Mungo's morgue. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story