Categories > Anime/Manga > Rurouni Kenshin > Fallen from Grace

chapter 2

by junkojunko 0 reviews

the final sealing of fates hope you like it

Category: Rurouni Kenshin - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kaoru - Published: 2005-07-21 - Updated: 2005-07-21 - 517 words

0Unrated
Kaoru was led up the polished teak steps to a suite decorated artfully in blue, black and white. This was her restroom. Connected to it was another room, which she used to entertain guests. Painted in gold and other rich colors it looked utterly sinful. This was not unexpected as she was and still is a high-ranking geisha.
Placing her simple belongings in the cupboard, she circled her old room. It was dustless, spick and span as ever. Despite being showered with many lavish gifts, Kaoru never had the taste for the high life thus Madame Butterfly had delegated her a private room and a suite in an attempt to coax her into taking more guests. It had worked for sometime until Kaoru decided to leave the trade completely.
Looking around the place she had once called home, Kaoru smiled at the onslaught of memories that took over. She had made good friends among many of the other geishas. They had actually be trained as spies before and chosen the cover of a geisha.
They along with Madame Butterfly as the head were spies and assassins for hire. Kaoru was introduced to this trade when Madame Butterfly saw the potential in her. Since she was about five, Kaoru had been part of the group. The balancers they were called. Specially trained spies to maintain the balance between good and evil. Evildoers thought of Kyoto as the net for their nefarious schemes thus the Sakura teahouse or better known as the house of a hundred flowers chose it for their headquarters.
There were exactly one hundred spies on active duty at anyone time. They helped both the good and evil, as a balance between them was required for peace. Though it was usually the do-gooders who needed the help. Now that she was called back, it meant that the bad had gotten an upper hand as she usually fought amongst the good guys.
Sighing a little, Kaoru looked out her bay window. It had begun to rain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

In the police head quarters at Kyoto, Kenshin was also looking out the window, admiring the light drizzle. Yamagata, the head of this operation, was looking solemnly at him. He knew that he need Kenshin and his band of fighting friends help the moment he had stumbled on the dead bodies in the woods. He also knew that to benefit form his help, Kenshin would most probably have to break his vow of not killing. Saitou who had accompanied them knew it. Aoshi and the rest of his gang knew. Kenshin himself knew it. However, he was hesitant to break a vow, which he had carried out faithfully for more than a decade.
"I'm not asking you to kill but I hope that you will do the right thing when the time comes," said Yamagata as he walked up beside the younger man. Looking down at the small man, Yamagata realized that his thin shoulders had carried a lot weight. Too many hope and aspirations for one so young.
"I will" Kenshin replied softly yet firmly. The rain outside got heavier.
Sign up to rate and review this story