Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 62 Back To The Begining

by Reign_Madden 6 reviews

Please read and review.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-11-20 - Updated: 2006-11-20 - 3536 words

0Unrated
Josh's p.o.v

I hadn't seen my brothers in ages. I agreed to pick them up at the bus station but they never explained why they were coming home so unexpectedly.
Mom was happy, as was Sarah they loved it when the guys came home, it gave my Mom a chance to baby them and Sarah a chance to bug the hell out of them. To tell the honest truth I couldn't wait to see the twins either, I wouldn't admit it to them but I missed them.
I spot their tour bus, but then again it was hard not too, Billy, Joel and Paul we're unloading the suitcases as I drove up.
'Hey losers' I say pulling up beside them
'Wassup up Bro' Joel says dropping a suitcase and hugging me as I step out the car.
'How you doing?' I say ruffling my little brother's hair
'I'm cool' he says slapping my hand away.
'Josh' Benji cries climbing down the bus steps
'Long time' I say hugging him
'Too long' He says embracing me
'More tats I see' I say releasing him and looking at his arms
'One or two' he replies smiling.
I greet Billy and Paul in exactly the same way I considered them my brothers.
'Benj I can't find Ca$h's lead' a female voice calls from inside the bus.
'Reign' I cry in surprise as she emerges from the bus.
'Josh' she squeals jumping down the steps and running at me.
'OMG! What are...How did...do we like you?' I ask holding her.
'I hope so' she says laughing.
'What are you doing here?' I ask completely thrown by the situation. I pull back and look at her she looked really different.
'It's a long story' Benji and Joel say from behind me.
'What happened to your face?' I ask spotting her left cheek
'A long story' Benji and Joel cry again.
'Long time no see' I say.
'Who you telling? You look really well' she says eyeing me.
'You look good too.' I reply truthfully
'Really! Thanks' she says looking down at herself
'This is so weird I thought I'd never see you again.' I say
'Well here I am' she says flinging her arms out dramatically

Benji's p.o.v

'We have some catching up to do' I hear Reign say to Josh as I help him strap two suitcases to the roof rack. I check they're secure before running around and getting in next to Billy.
'Definitely.' Josh replies 'So many questions.'
'Lets get going' Joel says opening the door for Reign 'I'm starving'
'Err Joel there's no room.' Reign says looking in the back seat where Paul, Billy and I we're already seated and there was no room left as Lisa was perched on Paul's lap.
'My bad' Josh says 'I didn't expect Reign and Lisa.'
'Come sit on my lap baby' I say patting my thighs
'Do I have to?' Reign moans.
'You can't sit on my lap, Ca$h is sitting there aint ya boy' Joel says petting Ca$hdogg. 'Plus I'm sitting up front.'
'Reign get your ass in here' I joke scowling at her.
'Argh! Fine' she says dramatically running round to my side of the car. She gets in and practically throws herself on my lap.
'Easy on the goods baby' I joke snaking my arms around her waist
'Oh please' she says.
'Ohh Reign that feels nice' I say playfully as she moves on my lap getting comfortable.
'Stop' she replies and without even looking at her I know she's rolling her eyes
'Yeah Benji stop' Josh says 'we don't wanna hear that'
'You do and you know it' I say grinning.
'Josh please get us home asap, I too tired and hungry to put up with Benji' Billy says
'I agree' Lisa adds as Josh starts the car.

Normal p.o.v

It wouldn't take long to get to the Maddens from the bus station, on the ride there the guys sort of filled Josh in leaving out most of the unpleasant details, which you were totally grateful for.
'Sarah can't wait to see you guys she's been in a good mood all day' Josh says looking at Benji through the rear-view mirror.
'Really? What about Mom?' Benji and Joel say in unison
'Yeah she's thrilled too, but Reign will be a bit of a shock.' Josh admits.
'I'm sorry what?' You say joining the conversation
'I said you'd be a shock' Josh repeats 'We had no idea you'd be dropping in.'
'Benji you told me your mother knew I was coming' you say feeling the colour drain from your face.
'I thought she did' Benji says 'I told Joel to call her.'
'What? No you didn't' Joel replies
'Yeah I did' Benji argues
'You said and I quote 'we need to tell mom that Reign's coming home' and that was it' Joel says
'Yeah that means call her and tell her' Benji says kicking the back of Joel's seat.
'No it doesn't' Joel cries turning in his seat and punching his twin in the leg.
'Ohhhh you idiots' you yell slapping Joel upside his head and elbowing Benji.
'Ouch!' they both cry. 'That hurt baby' Benji whines.
'What is she going to say when I suddenly appear on the door step?' you ask mortified.
'She'll say "Reign what are you doing here you horrid girl go away your ridiculous"' Billy pipes up, the whole car falls quiet and everyone but Josh is looking at Billy.
'Dude where the hell did that come from?' Benji asks Billy
'I have no idea I think I was channelling' Billy says rubbing his head.
'This is...I don't even know...' you mutter looking out the window.
'Well its too late now we're here.' Josh announces pulling up outside the house.

Joel's p.o.v

I didn't even bother waiting for the car to stop before jumping out onto the pavement and sprinting for the house.
'The suitcases Joel' Josh shouts after me, but I ignore him running up the drive to the back door. I turn the handle and push the kitchen door open to find my mum standing over the kitchen sink.
'Joel!' she cries shaking the water off her hands.
'Hey ma' I say embracing her, taking in the familiar motherly smell.
'Look at you' she says holding me at arms length 'you haven't grown an inch' she teases
'Well neither have you' I joke.
'How's my baby boy been' she asks kissing my cheek.
'I've been good ma'
'I believe I gave birth to two boys simultaneously usual known in the medical world as twins. Where's Benjamin?' she asks
'He's outside with the others'
'The others?'
'Yeah, Billy, Paul, Josh and Lisa'
'All my boys are home' she coos
'Sit down mom I need to tell you something' I say abruptly catching her off guard
'Oh no Kara's not pregnant is she?'
'God I hope not' I say cringing at the thought.
'Blaspheme Joel' she chastises
'Yeah watch your mouth' Sarah says appearing at the kitchen doorway.
'Ew it's you.' I say smiling at my baby sister, her hair was dyed black and she looked thinner. 'Come here and gimmie a hug'
'I missed you' she says walking into my arms.
'Sure you did' I say squeezing her before letting go
'I did, didn't you miss me?' she asks innocently
'What no way' I reply and she hits me playfully
'Don't hit Sarah dear.' Mom says 'Now Joel what were you going to tell me?'

Billy's p.o.v

'Hurry up and get your suitcase I wanna go inside' I whine
'Well go then no ones stopping you' Paul retorts
'You are just get your suitcase and move outta the way so I can get mine' I shoot back
'Now girls' Josh says in a high-pitched voice 'Lets all just be patient shall we.'
'Yeah William be patient' Paul says tugging his suitcase and catching it as it falls free from the boot.
'Shut up Paul' I say irritated
'Ohhhhhhh' Josh and Paul cry in unison before laughing
'Whatever.' I reply snatching my suitcase from the boot and marching to the house. I was way too tired for their bullshit.
I walk in through the kitchen to see Ms Madden and Sarah staring at Joel intently
'Sorry to interrupt' I say
'Nonsense Billy' Ms Madden says snapping out of her trance 'come here and let me look at you' she demands standing up as I reach her.
'Hmm another tattoo I see' she says looking at my arm
'Yeah' I say slightly shamefaced
'Goodness I dread to see what Benji looks like' she says as Paul, Lisa and Josh walk into the kitchen.

Benji's p.o.v

'Reign get out of the car' I demand standing on the sidewalk peering into the backseat window.
'No Benji I can't'
'Your being ridiculous.'
'Uh that's what Billy said your Mom would say about me,'
'Seriously baby, come out the car.'
'No I can't your mother doesn't like me anymore' she pouts
'We just need to tell her what happened and we'll be back on track' I reassure her
'Take me home to Jersey' she says folding her arms
I slide in beside her and close the door
'Baby please' I beg 'Just come inside, I know for a fact Joel is in there right now explaining everything to Mom.'
'The same way he called and told her I was coming because he did a stand up job there' she replies sarcastically.
'You know what I'm going inside you can either follow me or stay out here all night'
'You wouldn't dare' she challenges
'Watch me' I say opening the door and putting one foot onto the pavement
'Alright okay' she submits 'I'll come, just don't leave me'
'That's my girl' I say kissing her forehead.
We walk to the kitchen door and we can hear the others laughing on the other side.
'Ready' I say
'Yep' she says taking a deep breath 'No no wait'
'What?' I say my hand clutching the handle
'Kiss me' she says. I smile at her and gently kiss her lips, not one but twice
'Ok' she says 'I'm ready...no wait' she says taking my left hand in hers 'lets go.'

Normal p.o.v

You follow Benji into the warm kitchen and the familiar comforting smells greet you and a thousand memories all come flooding back.
'Hey mom' Benji says smiling 'Your favourite son is home.'
'Look what the cat dragged in' Sarah says glaring at Reign
'Watch it Sarah' Joel says
'Hey Ms Madden, hey Sarah' you say nervously grasping Benji's hand tightly
'Hello Reign' she says, her facial expression unreadable. 'Benjamin is that how you greet your mother?' she says looking at her son with a broad smile.
'My bad' he says letting your hand go and rushing over to hug his mother 'I missed you ma' he says
'How've you been?' she asks inspecting her son from top to toe.
'Good, I've been good' he says kissing Sarah on the cheek.
'And what about you Reign how have you been?' she says turning to look at you
'Fine' you say clearing your throat ''I've been ok'
'Well you can't be that fine, you seem to have forgotten your manners. I'm used to hugs and kisses as greeting not just a simple hey. Come over here and let me look at you' she demands.
You smile with relief and walk over to her and she pulls you into a hug and a warm feeling of security flows through your body. It had been a while since you'd been hugged like this; it was a motherly hug that said everything would be okay.
'What happened here?' she asks cupping your face and looking at the red mark before holding your hands.
'Ohh I...err...'
'We'll tell you later Mom' Joel says
'And your wrists' she gasped in horror 'what happened to you?' she demands
'Mom we'll tell you later, it's not appropriate dinner conversation' Benji says quickly looking from his Mom to Sarah and back again.
'Right...well everyone upstairs and get ready for dinner' she says turning away looking flustered.

Benji's p.o.v

We all run for stairs, tripping each other over trying to get to our bedrooms first.
'Hello bed' I says falling onto my childhood bed, hugging my pillow 'I've missed you'
'I thought I'd never be in here again' Reign says walking in. 'It's exactly the same'
'Of course it is, we don't live here anymore so why change it.' Joel says walking out the room.
'That's true' Reign says sitting next to me. 'So many memories'
'I know a lot happened in this room and at your old house.'
'I remember watching Sid and Nancy about a hundred times right here on this bed.'
'And Train Spotting' I add
'That too, I remember beating you at most of the computer games we played.'
'No you didn't
'Yeah I did.'
'What else do you remember?' I ask
'Err writing letters to record companies and listening to you learning to play the guitar.'
'And...'
'And what?'
'Do you not remember what happened on this bed?' I say pulling her down on top of me.
'Yeah a lot of things happened on this bed, I remember the night Joel farted on your pillow. You we're so mad.' She laughs against me.
'That fucker I forgot all about that, I'm going to kick his ass when he comes back in here.' I say 'No but I was thinking of something else.'
'Well nothing springs to mind' she says looking down on me.
'Are you kidding me?'
'No...Oh I know, Joel and I kissed to see if should date each other.'
'What!' I cry
'I'm just kidding' she says laughing
'Reign Mercer this is the bed that we got down and dirty on for the first time' I say
'Oh Benji your so romantic' she replies sarcastically rolling her eyes.
'I'm sorry, we "made love" for the first time' I say 'Did you really forget?'
'How could I forget?' she says.
'I know I was amazing' I say grinning
'Sure you were honey' Reign says sitting up.

Joel's p.o.v

'That sounds like sarcasm to me' I say walking into the my room
'It is' Reign says 'Your brother thinks he's Don Juan'
'Nice try Benji but I'm Don Juan' I say checking myself out in the mirror
'Don Juan wouldn't fart on his brother's pillow' Reign says giggling
'Oh yeah' Benji says getting up and launching himself at me, expertly getting me into a headlock.
'That happened years ago' I say from under Benji's armpit
'It doesn't matter I can still smell it' Benji cries tightening his grip.
'No you can't you liar, we threw that pillow away ages ago' I cry biting his arm.
'Ow Joel' he says letting me go.
'See what happens when you bring up the past it bites you in the arm' I say before running and jumping on Reign.
'DINNER' Sarah screams from the bottom of the stairs.
'Yes' Benji says 'See you later'
'Oh let me up' Reign says 'I want food.'
'As if, what happens every time we end up in this position?'
'Err I kick your ass' she says
'No you beg for mercy' I say tickling her
'Stop...Joel' she giggles.
'Say I'm the best in the world'
'You're...hurting...me' She cries still giggling
'Say it' I continue tickling her.
'JOEL...I'm serious...' she says grabbing my hands 'It hurts'
'Why does it hurt?' I ask
'Because it does' she says not catching my eye. I roll of her and stand up.
'Shit I forgot about...well you know' I say holding my hand out and pulling her up when I feel her hand in mine. 'I'm sorry I'll be more gentle.'
'It's ok' she smiles
'Lets go eat I'm starving' I say leading her out the door.
'I wanna piggy back' she says when we reach the stairs.
'Reign your 23' I say looking over my shoulder at her pouting face
'Please' she whines jumping on my back.

Benji's p.o.v

'About time' Billy complians when Reign comes in on Joel's back
'What took you so long?' Lisa asks
'We were making out' Joel answers lowering Reign to the floor before pulling her chair out.
'Joel please we're about to eat' Mom says seating herself at the head of the table.
'So were we' Joel says laughing till Josh punches him in his arm.
'You okay? I ask Reign when she settles next to me
'Yeah I'm great.' She replies.
'Good lets eat' I say kissing her cheek.

Dinner was great and it was so much fun. By the time dessert was over everyone was exhausted and ready to either relax or go to sleep. You knew you wouldn't be able to sleep until you spoke to Robin you could tell she was curious to know what happened to you.

Normal p.o.v

'I'm wiped out' Sarah admits leaning her head on Joel's shoulder
'Me too I'm really sleepy' you say
'Where's everyone sleeping?' Paul asks
'You and Billy can sleep in Josh's room, Josh you sleep on the couch the, twins in their room and the girls in Sarah's room' Robin says from the kitchen sink where Benji was helping with the dishes.
'How comes I can't sleep with Reign?' He asks
'Are you and Reign married?' Robin questions
'No not yet'
'Then you can't sleep together, simple as' She says squeezing his cheeks.
'But we really love each other Ms Madden' Paul says coming up behind Benji and kissing his cheek.
'See Ma where in Love.' Benji jokes.
'No Benjamin' Robin says firmly.

After the table was cleared and the dishes were washed and packed away, everyone retired to the living room, except Sarah and Lisa who went straight to sleep.
You knew you had to talk to Robin, but you both agreed it was too late and that you'd talk in the morning. You kissed the guys goodnight and went to get ready for bed. You decided to get dressed in the twin's room so Lisa and Sarah wouldn't see your body.
'Why are you getting dressed in here?' Benji says coming into the room and startling you.
'Ever hear of knocking?' you ask pulling your nightshirt over your head.
'Yeah, but not when I know there's a hot girl changing in here and there's a chance I could catch her naked.' He says grinning.
'You going to bed?' you ask walking into his arms.
'Nah, it's too early for me. I just wanted to kiss you goodnight since I can't sleep with you.'
'I'll see you in the morning its only a few hours away.' you say rubbing his tattooed arms.
'Are you going to be ok?' He asks seriously
'Yes I'll be ok.'
'I'll be in here if you need me' he says kissing your lips.
'I know' you reply kissing him again slipping your tongue teasingly between his lips.
'You shouldn't kiss me like that' he says
'Why not?'
'Because it makes me want to do this' he says picking you up and carrying you over to his bed.
'Your such a caveman' you giggle.
'Me Tarzan you Jane' he says laying you down and manoeuvring himself between your knees.
'Benji you know we can't do anything' you say from underneath him.
'I know, it's too soon after...'
'No. It's because you can't be quiet' you joke cutting him off to avoid the awkwardness that would have followed his sentence. He was right it was too soon to even think of doing that.
'That's rich coming from you, your louder then I am' He says kissing your wrists.
'If you say so.' you yawn 'Baby I really have to go to bed now.'
'Fine' he sighs not moving.
'Would you be mad if I was to accidentally find my way into your bed tonight?' he asks offhandedly.
'Accidentally?'
'Yeah it'd be totally innocent. For example I could go toilet and wander into the wrong room on the way back to my cold and lonely bed.' He says kissing your neck.
'Benjamin if you come into my bed tonight I'll be really mad because your mother asked us to spend the night apart. And as her son don't you think we should respect her wishes?'
'Yes' he pouts.
'So get up, pull me up, kiss me and go downstairs and do male bonding things with your brothers.' You say.
'Fine' he says getting up and pulling you up 'What was the next bit again?'
'Kiss me' you say smiling, as he leans in and kisses you lightly
'And the next bit was kiss you' he says kissing you again making you giggle.
'And the bit after that was kiss you again' he says against your lips.
'And after tha...'
'Benji' you laugh pulling away.
'Ok ok Goodnight' he says letting you go.
'Goodnight' you say walking away and blowing him a kiss from the door, closing it behind you.
Sign up to rate and review this story