Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophecy

Just Like Old Times

by story_master 6 reviews

The six heroes fight Cronus with all they have. But it's no where near enough to help them win this time. He ahd grown too powerful over the years and they needed help. But not just any help. They ...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 1855 words

2Exciting
Tory: Hey! Okay first off sorry that I haven't updated in a looong while. I have like four school projects and a pig disection to do. But now that the pig disection is done and now that it's the weekend I can leave the other projects for a while and write the next chapter!Thanks for all being so patient and I'll shut up now and let you get on with the chapter...

Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans. If I did there would be many many changes. I do however own my stories.


The streets filled with the sound of metal clanking against metal, screams and yells of encouragement. The heroes had all charged at Cronus at once, hoping to hurt him more that way. But it was no use. Whenever they hit him he just magically made the cuts disappear.

Hours had gone by and the heroes were in very bad condition. Cronus used this moment of their weakness against them. HE raced at them and delivered one painful blow to each of them. The heroes clutched their wounds as their legs gave out. They struggled to push themselves off the ground. They struggled to push themselves on and win. They struggled to keep their lives.

Cronus stood back and watched joyfully at the heroes pain. Then he began to pace around them. He would stop every so often, bend down, and taunt them. Then he walked away from them, tapping his chin thoughtfully, thinking up an evil adn truely painful way to defeat the heroes.

He turned around and walked over the fallen heroes once more. What he failed to notice was that there was only five of them there. He paced around them a few more times before he finally realized this.

" Where is your little friend?" Cronus asked in a sickly voice as he continued to circle them.

The heroes just exchanged glances, but they didn't say anything. They just hoped that their plan would work. Cronus' previous grin fell, he was getting tired of these games.

" Where is she!?" he demanded, anger now rising in him.

There was a brief moment of silence, where the entire world seemed at peace with it's inhabitants. But in this town square it was quite the opposite.

" Where is she?" he demanded again.

" Right here!" she yelled from behind him.

Then she drove her fist towards his head. He moved slightly to the side and caught her wrist. Then he turned to face the girl.and an evil grin spread across his face as he lifted her feet off the ground.

" Theresa!" the others yelled, as they knew what fate was to come to her.

Cronus let out an ugly, evil and loud laugh as he raised one of his scythes. He was about to finally get what he had wanted for so many years, victory. But a hand stopped his and struggled to hold it away from the red head in his grip. Cronus turned around to see who it was and he was surpirsed to see who it was.

Jay used all the strength he could muster up and pulled the gods arm back. Cronus dropped Theresa to the ground and turned on Jay. Jay dodged almost every hit Cronus threw at hit, but he was running out of energy and fast.

Cronus swung one last time and caught Jay across the stomach. Jay clutched his wound and stubbled backwards. He was thankful that his friends were there to keep him on his feet.

" Foolish mortals! You can't win against a god! It will be more painless for you if just give up now." Cronus said as he stood before the six injured but persistant teens.

" We'll never give up! Not as long as you're free." Jay replied.

" There are only six of you Jay. The prophesy is no more. Archie has turned against you. I've poisoned his mind into thinking that your dear Theresa is a traitor. There's no way that you can win." Cronus said as he walked closer the unmoving leader.

" We're still going to try." Jay replied with a small grin.

The other five heroes came up and stood beside their leader, each taking a battle stance. They weren't going down without a fight. Cronus eyes glanced from one injured mortal to the next. In his mind and in theirs it was clear that they couldn't win. But that wouldn't stop them. They had done the impossible before.

Cronus slammed his scythe into the ground and sent huge shockwaves rippling across the stoned ground. The heroes managed to stay up this time. Cronus then swung his scythe in front of him. This sent a wave of orange energy towards the heroes. It knocked them down but they refused to stay that way.

" Come on guys. We can do this." Jay whispered to his teammates.

They charged at the god again, and again were thrown to the ground by means of his magic. After twenty minutes the heroes were wron out, injured and had lost almost all hope. They couldn't continue on like this and they knew it.

But never the less the heroes pushed on. They knew what Cronus was capable of and they weren't about to let him get away with it. The six struggled to keep themselves standing. But they kept on fighting.

Atlanta, being the least injured, raced forward to attack the god on her own. She knew in her mind that it was a foolish attempt but her heart told her to go for it. Cronus once again caught her attack. He placed a strong hand around her neck and lifted the huntress off the ground.

Atlanta struggled to free herself from his grip, but to no avail. Cronus laughed as he brought back one of his already bloody scythes. This time no one would stop him. At least that's what he thought.

" Say goodbye to your dear friend Jay." Cronus laughed as he started to bring the sycthe towards the girl in his grip.

Everyone stared in horror as the blade came closer and closer to her. Atlanta's eyes widened before she colsed them tight and awaited the pain that was to come.

The streets soon filled with a pain-filled and blood curdling scream. But it didn't belong to Atlanta. It was Cronus who yelled in agony. Atlanta was dropped to the ground, where she shortly after lost consciencessness. Cronus held his arm, or at least where it used to be, in pain.

The heroes looked in shock, then their eyes searched for the person that had done this. They saw a figure walking over to Atlanta's body, pick her up and take her over to a nearby fountain. The others couldn't move, they were too shocked, too surpirsed to do anything but watch.

" Atlanta. Atlanta?" the figure called softly, while gently shaking her shoulders.

" Wha...?" Atlanta mumbled as her eyes slowly opened.

" Atlanta. It's okay, your safe now." the voice sounded so familiar to her.

Atlanta focused her eyes on the figures face and then a look of surprise took over her features.

" A- Archie?" she whispered.

The figure just nodded in reply and help her to her feet. Then they made their way to the other five.

" Archie?" they all asked at the same time.

Again he just nodded. He wasn't really sure what to say to them.... especially after what had happened. A long silence covered the streets like a veil. Then it was broken.

" I'm sorry." Archie said, lowerin his eyes to the ground.

" Sorry? For what? You just saved my life." Atlanta said.

" I'm sorry for leaving and for everything that's happened." Archie said, still keeping his eyes on the ground.

Another silence fell over them as everyone let this sink in. Then Theresa stepped forward and looked Archie in the eyes, since he was talled than her it was easy to do.

" Why'd you come? I thought you said that you didn't want anything to do with us anymore. I thought you said that you'd never help a traitor." Theresa asked in a low voice.

" I did but..... I didn't mean it. I just thought that it would be easier to blame you instead of facing reality. I just wanted someone to blame for everything and since you disappeared...." Archie trailed off.

" Archie. It doesn't matter what happened...." Theresa started in an angry tone but then it softened, " ...just as long as your here now to help us take down Cronus like we used to."

" So... you forgive me?" he asked unsure.

Everyone nodded and gave him a smile. Then they heard clappin. Loud, sarcastic clapping.

" How touching. Now I can get rid of you all at once." he smirked as he began to walk over to them, with his arm back in place.

" I think you're forgetting something Cronus." Jay said, making Cronus stop.

" Oh and what's that?" the god asked.

" There's seven of us now. That means the prophecy isn't broken anymore. And that means that you're going down." Jay replied with a smirk.

Cronus noticed this and cursed loudly. Then he summoned one of his portals.

" We'll meet again Jay. And the next time there won't be anyone to help you." Cronus sneered before turning to leave.

But he stopped when something gripped his arm. He couldn't move. Archie stepped forward adn pulled on his whip, causing Cronus to fall backwards.

" You're not getting away this time cronus." he shouted.

Cronus just let out a laugh before pulling on the whip himself. This caused it to fly out of Archie's hands. Then Cronus stepped into his portal and disappeared.

" What a coward!" Neil said loudly, breaking the silence that had once again fallen over them.

This comment made everyone laugh. They all slowly fell to the ground from exhaustion, well all but Archie that is. And despite their pain and weariness and the fact that Cronus got away again, they all wore smiles on their faces because they were a team again.

" Just like old times again." Jay said happily.

Everyone agreed, except for Theresa. Her smile had faded and she was now overcome by tremendous sorrow.

" What's wrong Theresa?" Jay asked as the others talked.

" I don't belong here." she replied sadly, causing everyone to stop and look at her.

" What do you mean?" Atlanta asked confused.

" I belong in the past. With the others. I belong in my own time. Not here." she replied sadly.

Everyone nodded and thought of how to send her back.

" I've got it!" Jay said excitedly.
~*~

How will they send Theresa back to her own time? Will it work? Or is she stuck in the future? Read on to find out.

A/N: Sorry again for not updating sooner. Well I hope that you all liked it! There are still three or four chapters to go. I will try to update sooner this time but I can't promise anything. Please send a review my way and let me know what you think. =D Well that's about all I've gotta say for now. Bye!:)
Sign up to rate and review this story