Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sophomore Slump...or Comeback of the Damn Century

progress report: i am missing you to death

by killxsmile 9 reviews

Shopping carts, late night movies and early flights.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 1434 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Woah. My mind went into overdrive writing this up. Originally, this fic was only going to be 10 chapters long. Insane, isn't it? Well, anyways, onto the thank yous.

People I Coffee:
moocow
whatkatydid
FrostedGlass
sing4me09


you guys are amazing. =]

c h a p t e r SEVENTEEN
{ progress report: i am missing you to death

*
Emily's POV

"Pete, I'm bored." We were sitting in his room, watching TV, my head in his lap. It was junior year, a week before Christmas break. We'd been together for almost a year and a half, but I swear that it was yesterday when I first kissed him on my porch.
"Me too."
"Let's do something fun. I mean, I'm leaving for Japan tomorrow."
"Well, we could do 'it'..." I playfully punched his arm. Sometimes he was such a guy. "Aww, Emi, you know I love you." He kissed my cheek.
"I know, I know. But seriously I want to do something really über-fun-spectacular before I leave, not that sex with you isn't, because it is...It's /mind blowing/, actually...wait. I know there was a point to this conversation..." Pete laughed at my short attention span.
"You were talking about doing something fun before leaving for Japan."
"Oh yeah! Have any ideas?"

Break wasn't supposed to start until the next week, but my mom convinced my principal to excuse me. But only if I completed all my homework for the week I'd miss before I left. It was insane, but I did it.

I thought for a few seconds, then an idea came to me.

"Let's go to the grocery store!" I said, lifting my head.
"That's your great plan?"
"Oh you'll see."

He gave me a skeptical look, but stood up and gave me a hand, We walked out the door and into his car. I told him where all the turns were, and after 20 minutes we were in the parking lot.

*
Peter's POV

"It's...abandoned," I said, looking around. The windows were boarded up and mine was the only car in the lot.
"I know." She got out of the car and started walking. Fresh snow started to fall.
"Where are you going?"
"Just follow me." She grabbed a shopping cart and zoomed across the parking lot.
"Hey, wait up!"

I don't know long we were goofing off with carts or how many times we raced and almost hit my car, but it was...wow. There was something liberating about speeding through snow in a shopping cart.

*
"Oh crap!"

Just like that we crashed into each other. Kinda fun. Kinda painful, More so the first. All of a sudden, Emi jumped off her cart and tackled me into a pile of snow.

"What?" I asked. She hovered over me, eyes seemed to be searching for something in mine.
"It's just...I don't want to forget what you look like when I go to Japan. I want to remember you...like this--red-nosed like Rudolph with a big smile on your face." She got up and gave me a hand. "It's getting dark, that's our cue to leave."
"Why's that?"
"The hobos will be on the prowl for carts."
"Haha. Good point."

We put everything back where it was supposed to be and took refuge in my car. I found it kind of funny how we only noticed how cold it was after spending hours outside. I turned the heaters on and noticed that it was snowing again.

We made our way back to my house, Emi singing Christmas songs as I drove.

"What to do now?" I asked as we stepped inside the thankfully warm house.
"Peter, where did you go? Emi looks frozen," my mom said, helping her take off her coat.
"Going out was my idea, Mrs. Wentz. I wanted to do something fun before leaving tomorrow."
"Oh, that's right, you're going to Japan."
"Yep, visiting my mom's side of the family. I'll be sure to bring you a cool souvenir."
"Aw, thank you, Emi." She hung up her coat and left the room.

"I think my mom loves you more than me." She laughed and followed me to the couch.
"Well I love you more than gummi bears."
"Thank you."
"What are we going to watch?" she asked as I looked through DVDs.
"This." I held out The Nightmare Before Christmas.
"Ooh, fun."

As I put it into the DVD player, Emi turned off the lights. We laid on the couch and watched as previews rolled across the screen.

*
Emily's POV

My eyes fluttered open as Jack sang in the cemetery. Lifting my head off Pete's chest, his eyes met mine.

"You're awake"
"Mhmmm," I said as he wrapped his arms around me, resting them on the small of my back. "But I have to get going. Flight leaves at 6 tomorrow."
"Do you have to?"
"Well, it could wait a few minutes..." I was content just laying in his arms, listening to his heartbeat. "I'm going to miss this."
"Me too." He kissed the top of my head and I nuzzled against his neck. We ended up laying there for another half hour before getting up.
"Okay, now I really have to go."
"Hold on, I'll drive you home."

He got up and stretched, pulled on a hoodie, then grabbed his keys. Since my house was only a block or so away, we arrived a few minutes later.

"I pick you up at 4:30 for the airport, right?" he asked, pulling me into a hug.
"Yep."
"Okay, I'll set my clock early." He leaned down and kissed me.
"Good night, Pete."
"Night. See you in the morning."

*
Peter's POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Just as I was about to hit snooze, I remembered that Trick and I were driving Emi, Ben and Ms. Ikuhara to the airport. I slowly rolled out of bed and took a quick shower. By the time I got dressed it was already 4:10, so I grabbed a muffin and was out the door. I walked to Patrick's, and even before I rang the doorbell, he came out.

"Woah, that was freaky."
"What can I say, I like to be early."

We jumped in the car and arrived at the Ikuhara residence a few minutes later. With Patrick's help, I loaded their luggage into the car and we were off to the airport.

Due to traffic, we got to the airport later than expected. It was 5:30, which only gave us half an hour before they'd have to board their plane. Emi's mom quickly checked in their luggage while we sat by the window.

"Emi, I'm hungry," Ben said.
"Sorry, I don't have any food with me," she said.
"Wait a sec, I have something." I gave him the muffin that I grabbed before leaving. I admit I was hungry, but I'd feel bad if I didn't give it to him.
"Thank you, Pete."

While Ben ate, Trick, Emi and I talked about what we would be doing over vacation. Before we knew it, 6:00 rolled around, and we had to say our goodbyes.

"Boys, thank you for driving us here. I know how much of a hassle it is to wake up this early."
"Oh, no. It wasn't a problem." She gave us both hugs.
"Have a merry Christmas, you two."
"You too, Ms. I."
"Bye, Partick. Bye, Pete. Happy early holidays!" Ben said.
"Bye, Ben." Patrick gave him a hug.
"Take care of your sister for me, okay?" I said.
"Okay." He smiled. "Oh, thanks again for the muffin." He followed his mom into the line, leaving us with Emi.
"I'm going to miss you, Em," Patrick said, pulling her into a hug. "You'll call, right?"
"Of course." She gave him a kiss on the cheek. After they pulled away, she looked at me. Emi took my hands in hers, looking down at them.
"I'm gonna miss you...a lot," I said.
"I'm gonna miss you too."
"You're coming back, right?"
"Of course. It's just three weeks" She stood on her tip toes and kissed me. After she pulled away, I touched my lips. They were tingling.
"Burt's bees lip balm. Like it?"
"Mhmm." I leaned in for another kiss.
"I love you."
"Love you, too." I stood there holding her.

"Emi, c'mon!" Ben said. We laughed.
"I've gotta go...Goodbye Astronaut Wentz."
"Bye, Princess Emi."

With that I watched her place her bags into the x-ray machine and disappear into the terminal. All of a sudden, my phone went off, signaling a text message.

i miss you already. xo, emi

*
Please Review. It'll only take a second
Sign up to rate and review this story