Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Love in Unexpected Places

The Crushes

by RekoM 1 review

Ron reveals his true feelings of a certain girl to Harry. And we find out who Harry has his eyes on.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 918 words

2Insightful
Hey Everyone, I haven't finished the Harry potter series yet, so I'm writing a Fan fic on what I do know! I hope you like it. This is what I think should have happened in the fourth year at Christmas time. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Harry Potter! If I did, this is what would have happened!! lmao
**********************************

Harry, Ron and Hermione were walking across the snowy Hogwarts grounds on their Christmas break; they were talking for quite a wile, about just everything. It was just about time to head to the great hall for dinner. They began making their way back to the entrance hall. Once they got back they filed into the Great Hall with everyone else. They sat down at the Gryffindor table. Once the three of them were seated, Fred and George came to sit down beside them. Ginny was sitting across from Harry. Every time Ginny was talking to one of her friends, or looking in her bag or her food, Harry couldn't help but stare at her wonderful figure, her long shiny red hair, her cute freckles that spread all over her face, and across her nose. Wile Harry was indulged in Ginny, Ron was in his own little world thinking of his crush, that curly brown haired girl that he couldn't stop thinking about. Did she feel the same way about him?

"Are you okay Ron?" Fred asked curiously.

"What??" He asked as he snapped back into reality. "Oh, yea I'm fine."


After their dinner Hermione set off to the Library to do some "holiday homework" as she called it. Ron decided to go and see what His brothers were up to, and Harry decided to go and get his broom and go for a quidditch practice. As he was walking out to the pitch, in the distance he saw a small figure zooming all around the quidditch pitch. Harry mounted his broom and began to fly over there, to find out who it was. To his surprise, the graceful figure that was flaying around the field was; Ginny.

Once she saw him fly onto the pitch she went flying to the ground as fast as she could.

"Ginny! Wait up." Harry called after her.

Ginny hesitantly slowed down, giving Harry some time to catch up. Harry ran up to her with a look of awe on his face. He looked at her for about a minute before he opened his mouth to speak.

"Since when are you so good at quidditch, Ginny?" He asked gawking.

Ginny looking flattered, smiled at him. "Well, I've been practicing with George's broom after they finish everyday during the summer. Don't tell him, he doesn't know... and I don't want him to."

"Don't worry; your secret is safe with me." Harry said smiling.

Harry, forgetting about his own practice, walked Ginny back to the school. They went up the entrance hall stairs, and all the way up the seven flights of Hogwarts. Once they reached the portrait of the fat lady Ginny quickly said the password "Cough Drop" before the Fat lady could start a long conversation.

Once they got inside to common room Ginny announced that she was going to sleep. Harry bid her goodnight as she walked up the stairs t the Girls' dorm.

Harry sat waiting for Ron and Hermione to return, he was staring into the flames, thinking of his encounter with the girl he's crazy about. Suddenly Ron burst into the common room, as happy as ever.

"Why are you so happy Ron?" Harry asked curiously, watching him walk, with a skip like hop.

"Well I met Hermione in the library..." Ron said beaming

Harry cut him off, "Oh, I see where this is going..." He said quickly.

Before either of them could say anymore Hermione walked in the door, her arms full of books. He walked past Ron and Harry and smiled at them. She continued walking through the common room and up the stairs to the Girls dorm.

When Hermione looked at him he turned as red as a beet, and he couldn't wipe that big toothy grin off his face.

"So? Continue...?" Harry said smiling.

"What? Oh yea." Said Ron as he snapped back into the real world. "Well, I met her in the library, and I sat down with her to help her pick out some books for her to read over the Christmas holidays." Ron continued just above a whisper. "Well we were laughing the whole time, looking back on all the fun things we did in the past three years, and all the crazy things we did. And when we were done... You won't believe this, Harry" Ron Paused and smiled. "Well she told me she had a great time. And she gave me a great big smile and a big hug!" Ron exclaimed, still whispering so no one in the dorms could hear.

"So, you're really into her then?" Harry asked quietly.

"Well yea!" Ron said excitedly.

Harry announced that he was going to sleep; he decided to keep his crush to himself until he knew that Ron wouldn't freak out or try to hook him up with his baby sister. Once he got to his dorm he put on his 'pj's' and slipped under the covers or his four-poster bed.
**********************************

When's Harry going to tell Ron? What's he going to do about it? Find out in the next Chapter!
Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you liked it. Please R+R
Sign up to rate and review this story