Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Love in Unexpected Places

The Unexpected

by RekoM 1 review

Harry and Ginny get a little closer...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 1105 words

1Exciting
Hey Everyone! Thanks for reading everyone! I hoped you liked it! I did!



Disclaimer: I do NOT own Harry Potter!

***********************

Shortly after Harry went up to bed, Ron followed. He couldn't stop thinking about the brown haired girl that he adores. He dreamed about her, talked about her... he wanted to be with her forever.



Harry, he as well was thinking of the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Did she feel the same way about him? He was nervous to ask her out on a date, because he was afraid of her laughing and rejecting him. When should he tell Ron? What would he say?



Once both Harry and Ron were awake they went down to the common room to wait for everyone else so they could head to the Great Hall for breakfast. The next person who came into the common room was Neville. He was very tired; he came and sat down in the last available chair by the fire, where Ron and Harry were both seated. Shortly after Neville came down, Ginny walked down the staircase leading to the common room from the other side of the room. She said good morning to everyone and sat down on the couch that was a lot further away from the fire then Neville, Harry and Ron were seated. After Ginny came Hermione, then Fred, then George. Once they were all in the common room, they headed down the seven floors of Hogwarts to the Great Hall to go and eat.



Ginny was looking at the young boy, with messy brown hair that everyone called "Scar-head". She adored him. She wanted to spend all of her time with him. Although; he might not feel the same way about her. What would he say if she made a fool of herself in front of him, by trying to ask him out. "I'm never going to get Harry to like me." She thought sadly to herself.



"Hey! Ginny! You there? ... Ginny! Wake up!" Fred yelled to his little sister, he noticed that she was staring into the pumpkin juice in her golden goblet.



"What? Erm.... Yea, I'm here." Ginny said just tuning back into reality.



Harry was keeping silent for most of breakfast. Come on Harry. He thought to himself, you have to ask her sometime... just see if she'll practice quidditch with you! Come on... ask her... NOW! So he looked up smiled and opened his mouth to speak.



"Hey Ginny..." Harry looked at her and continued. "You wanna'...erm come watch me play quidditch." He grinned and winked at her, remembering that he promised not to say anything about her playing quidditch to Fred or George.



"Ummmm, Yea! Sure... I'd love to!" Ginny said cluing in that he was asking her to play quidditch.



"Hey I'll come to!" Fred yelled "I'll meet you on the pitch I'm gonna go get my broom! I'll get yours too Harry!" Fred yelled as he ran off.



"Get mine too would ya Fred!" George yelled after him.



Harry's plans were ruined. He wanted to spend time with just Ginny, but her two older brother's ruined it all...and worst about this is that Ginny really did have to watch now.



"Lets go I guess then, Ginny" Harry said reluctantly. "I'm so so sorry."



"Well, it's not your fault... but now I really do have to watch." Ginny said sadly, "Because I don't even have a broom even if I wanted to play."



"Well I'm not going to let you sit there by yourself." Harry said smiling. "If your not going to play... I'm not either." Harry looked at her and paused. "After all I did ask you if you wanted to 'watch' me play." Harry said chuckling as he said the word 'watch' with air quotes.





Ginny smiled a Harry, she was thinking to herself, that maybe there was that small chance that he did like her back... but maybe he's just being the nice soul that he was born to be.



Once they reached the Pitch they saw Fred and George running up with their brooms over their shoulders and Harry's, was floating on its own.



"Here Harry! I brought you yours, like I said I would!" Fred said smiling.



"Thanks Fred. But...erm... this is kinda' embarrassing but, I twisted my ankle getting off the bench in the Great Hall and...ummmm, well, I can't play." Harry said, making up the story right on the spot.



Ginny started giggling and gave Harry a big smile. "That was pretty good for an excuse you had five seconds to make!" She said... and she started giggling again.



Harry joined Ginny laughing. Once the laughing subsided they settled down to watch Fred and George Practice.



Fred and George were practicing for over an hour by now, and Harry and Ginny lost their interest in correcting their mistakes, and they began chatting. It kept getting colder, so Harry gave Ginny His jacket. She was still cold So Harry pulled her closer. She rested her head on Harry's shoulder.



When Fred and George were finished, they noticed the way that the two of them were sitting, and that Harry had his eyes closed. They quietly walked up the stairs of the spectators' stands and they sat behind them. Neither Harry nor Ginny noticed until Fred and George very loudly 'awed' at the site of them. Both of them opened their eyes and they both turned the scarlet colour of their Gryffindor robes.



"Oh, H-hi g-g-guys" Harry said embarrassed.



"Harry? Is this why you didn't want to play?" George asked jokingly.



"Well Ginny couldn't play... well. She doesn't think she's any good. So I decided to stay with her... and well, erm... she...sh-she-ee..she got cold. So I warmed her up." Harry explained, blushing even more than he was before.



"Yea...It was nothing." Ginny said blushing as well.



'If you say so." Fred and George said in unison, as they got up and walked away.



Once Fred and George were clearly out of sight; Ginny got up and invited Harry to go back to the common room to warm up by the fire. Harry agreed and they walked up to the large, grey, stone building called Hogwarts.



They walked into the common room to find...

************************

I know, The world's most lamest cliffhanger. But it'll have to do! And I'm very sorry to have this chapter on mostly just Harry and Ginny, I'm going to do Ron and Hermione for next Chappie! No worries... Please R+R!


Beta Readers: Selanie & Jessi_girl9 - - Thanks alot My friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story