Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

This is it.

by toonyweeny 8 reviews

this is it! the last battle against Cronus. i'm new, so go easy on me.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 810 words - Complete

0Unrated
This was it. Their last battle. They had to do it. They had to destroy him. They had to. They must. They couldn't lose.

His hand was curled around the handle of his xiphos. The cool feel of the metal handle cooled his hand. It was a one-on-one. The others were too busy fighting against Cronus's various giants and fellow cronies.

He could hear the loud thumping of his heart as it transported blood around his body through the various blood vessels in various parts of his body. If Cronus's scythe came into contact with any of those blood vessels, his own heartbeat would drive the blood out of his body. He had to be careful.

Suddenly, Cronus pounced. Just like a dog on its owner. Just a dog.

He brought the blade up for defence and moved his feet apart, lowering his centre of gravity. With a huge heave, he pushed the demented Greek god away from him.

Gripping their weapons hard, they moved forward and dull thunks resonated through the cave.

Cronus had the upper hand. He pushed the leader to the ground and attempted to force the blade of his scythe to his throat.

Out of nowhere, he summoned his second scythe and plunged it into his stomach. He felt the pain as the blade was pushed into his body, cutting right through his skin, tearing apart his flesh, creating a missing link in his artery.

That was it. They had lost. Cronus had won. They had failed the world.

The last few days of his life came rushing into mind. Star-gazing with Theresa on the rooftop, sailing at the beach with Theresa, teasing Archie for his shyness, fighting over spaghetti with Herry (needless to say, Herry won). A fleeting memory came to his mind. He had gone to the cafe for a quick drink, a little treat. He remembered that there was a young Asian female on the stage, singing a song. He still remembered every little word.

There's a hero if you look inside your heart.

You don't have to be afraid of what you are.


Was he afraid of what he was? Yes. He was dying. He was afraid of dying.

There's an answer if you reach into your soul

And the sorrow that you know will melt away.


He racked his brains for the nest verse.

And then a hero comes along

With the strength to carry on

And you cast your fears aside

And you know you can survive.

So, when you feel like hope is gone

Look inside you and be strong

And you'll finally see the truth

That a hero lies in you.


Indeed. A hero lied in him. His last shot at being a hero. His absolute last. He pushed himself off the ground and grabbed his xiphos yet again. This was the last wound his xiphos would be making.

It's a long road when you face the world alone;

No one reaches out a hand for you to hold.

You can find love if you search within yourself

And the emptiness you felt will disappear.

And then a hero comes along

With the strength to carry on

And you cast your fears aside

And you know you can survive.

So, when you feel like hope is gone

Look inside you and be strong

And you'll finally see the truth

That a hero lies in you.


He staggered over to where the Greek god was standing, probably laughing as the leader lay on his side, bleeding to death. Or so he thought.

Lord knows dreams are hard to follow,

But don't let anyone tear them away.

Hold on, there will be tomorrow,

In time you'll find the way.


He gripped the blade and raised it above his head.

And then a hero comes along

With the strength to carry on

And you cast your fears aside

And you know you can survive.

So, when you feel like hope is gone

Look inside you and be strong

And you'll finally see the truth

That a hero lies in you.


He rammed the blade right into his heart. The god gave a blood-curdling cry and collapsed onto the ground. He can't die, but it should be able to knock him out until Hermes could come and take him away.

That a hero lies in you.

Oh that a hero lies in you.


He suddenly felt exhausted. He fell onto his knees and collapsed onto his side, savouring every last breath.

His friends were crowding around him. He tried to speak, but his tongue wouldn't let him.

He managed just one word though.

"Theresa..."

And he was gone, soon to be surrounded with flowers and lush green meadows in the Elysian Fields.


A/N: oh yay! it worked! yay! thanks to Beccak and lol for all the help they gave me. hugs
Sign up to rate and review this story