Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sharpest Lives

Seeing truthfully (Prologue)

by forgotten-sadness 3 reviews

Formerly Lips of an Angel As Gerard writes "The Black Parade" he has occuring dreams about 'a patient', but tells noone. After the CD comes out Gerard gets a mysterious letter from a mysterious girl.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-11-24 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 618 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray or Bob. I don't own the idea of "The Patient" that was all Gerard Way. Though I do own the idea of this story, and how the Patient was a real person.

Authors Note: This story has been bugging me a lot latley. And as i was writing this chapter i was scared myself. I hope you enjoy reading this. I'll update as much as i can.


Now come one come all to this tragic affair
Wipe off that makeup, what's in is despair
So throw on the black dress, mix in with the lot
You might wake up and notice you're someone you're not

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see
You can find out firsthand what it's like to be me
So gather 'round piggies and kiss this goodbye
I'd encourage your smiles I'll expect you won't cry

Another contusion, my funeral jag
Here's my resignation, I'll serve it in drag
You've got front row seats to the penitence ball
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all!

Gerard woke with sweat poring down his forehead, his hair was soaking and tears were running down his face. He hated these dreams and yet they seemed to be haunting him almost every night. Every time he saw these dreams he wrote a new song, something new would touch him and he felt the need to express his anxiety in words.
Thats what he did best.
The songs slowly were coming together as the band started to get the idea of the concept.

The Patient. No name, no identity just a single two words THE PATIENT.
Gerard was the only one who knew The Patient personally. The Patient was the dream that had been haunting him almost over a year. Each dream would continue from the last. A story was being told and Gerard felt he had to tell The Patients story to others. It needed to be done and he was doing it.
But why were the dreams coming to him? Why not Ray? Frank? Mikey? or Bob?
Gerard remembered a conversation between him and Mikey. There were in one of the rooms of the house they were staying in during the recording process.

"Gerard, I had the weirdest dream last night." Mikey had whispered across his coffee cup.

"Like what? We've all been having weird dreams in this place."

"No. This was different. It was frightening in a emotional way." Mikey said, his voice getting serious.

Gerard looked at him becoming equally serious as his brother.

"What about?" Gerard asked

"I'm in a hospital. It's all black and the lights flash on. There standing at the end of the hallway is a young person. I'm not sure what sex they were but they were young. They looked at me and whispered 'Help me. I'm dying'. It was The Patient Gerard. I'm sure of it. The Patient's coming to me in my dreams." Mikey was scared and Gerard could tell this

"Dont dwell on it too much Mike. It was just a dream." Gerard tried to convince himself and Mikey that it was just a dream.


Gerard knew that him and Mikey both knew that The Patient was real. They were a real person suffering. And living the life of their songs.
He needed to know who this person was. They had been haunting him for so long, Gerard found himself spending hours just wondering and being worried for this person. Where they still alive? Where they actually real?
So many questions filled his head. He needed answers.
Mabye they'd come with the CD release. Hopefully the dreams would stop.
Sign up to rate and review this story